Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Cats - If you give a moose a muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Not sure what they'll do if both ZAR and Horny can't go other than Grant in for ZAR.
No doubt Wilson or Dea will be coming up.
Blueger deserves a shot tho. Playing the best out of the potential call ups in Wilkes.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Not sure what they'll do if both ZAR and Horny can't go other than Grant in for ZAR.
Blueger deserves a shot tho. Playing the best out of the potential call ups in Wilkes.

Should be Blueger and Angello. We know what we have in Wilson and Dea. This is the chance to see if one or both of Blueger/Angello could make an impact. Be what Rust/Sheary were when they got their chance. Possibly better? Who knows.

But they wont.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I just saw that injury to Hornqvist...
io7JCNZ.gif

Who wants to meet up at a central location and pay a visit to Pysyk?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Fun bonus: Ken Wiebe, of the Winnipeg Sun, said that Crosby would be his pick for the Selke if the award were given out right now. He was doing a mid-season award thing during intermissions in the Avs/Jets game.

He’s getting a lot of love on media for it. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Can’t wait until he wins it and we have to hear how he stole it from Bergie and Barkov.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
+ZAR for playing the way he should be playing. I really hope he isn't injured, I want to see him playing just like he did tonight.
+People keep saying the Penguins need to add a puck moving top-4 D, they've done that already: Marcus Pettersson is that guy. He's a top-4 defenseman right now, I honestly have no doubts with that
+Murray is now up to a .917 save% on the year

I don't know that I'd really call him a puck moving D. But my take is this -- Petterson-Schultz has the promise of being a REALLY good 2nd pair.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Never draft a Dutch player ever again.

You mean...

"Never draft a prospect that requires proper development and burn his 1st year ELC which will then ruin the full advantage you have to develop him in the AHL and not have to worry about waivers and let the player properly develop and be NHL ready..."

That player you are alluding to, that entire f*** up is attributed to the stupid old f*** that is probably thinking about adding Kunitz at the deadline as his huge trade.

Reactions: radapex

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fun bonus: Ken Wiebe, of the Winnipeg Sun, said that Crosby would be his pick for the Selke if the award were given out right now. He was doing a mid-season award thing during intermissions in the Avs/Jets game.

You know how much that would piss off this board and the Crosby haters?

I welcome the hype, I hope more writers take notice and start talking it up.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

I wouldn’t mind seeing a Pearson-Malkin-Simon 2nd line. I dont know who the 3LW would be. Grant?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He’s getting a lot of love on media for it. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Can’t wait until he wins it and we have to hear how he stole it from Bergie and Barkov.

Even if it's not this year, the fact the media is picking up on it is good news.

Sid deserves some more hardware individually after missing his prime scoring title years.

Reactions: radapex

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yeah, my guess is Wilson too. When you consider the type of players Horny and ZAR are, I'd be surprised if it wasn't him. There's still hope though because they might want an extra F considering the road trip.

TB is at like 5G and +6 in the last 4 games. Do it, Jim.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Dumo actually came over in the Staal trade, so credit for that one goes to Shero but your point still stands. It's really hard to know which of Jimmy's moves have been the best. For me it's

3. Hagelin. Because JR had big stones to undo one of his trade mistakes in Perron by "downgrading" in skill, but massively upgrading in a fit for the team

Edit: lousy, stinkin autocorrect
Ugh...I still gets shakes when I hear that name thinking of how GMJR traded an UNPROTECTED 1ST ROUNDER in the Connor McDavid draft. Luckily, no such horror occurred, but the possibility was there, when it shouldn't have been.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Even if it's not this year, the fact the media is picking up on it is good news.

Sid deserves some more hardware individually after missing his prime scoring title years.

Potvin was talking the Selke up on the Panthers' feed. Canadian media would jump on the bandwagon, but I remember a few American media whining about him winning the CS in 2016 ("career achievement award", etc).

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

I’m convinced Wilson will be called up...it’s the big bad So Cal teams after all...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don't know that I'd really call him a puck moving D. But my take is this -- Petterson-Schultz has the promise of being a REALLY good 2nd pair.

I don’t think we’ll see it this year but we can dream....

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

I like him, especially at 22 on an ELC. He's got great upside as a solid mid-pair D. I wouldn't call him a PMD yet. He's coughed it up often - like most of their other D - when other teams have heavily forechecked the Pens. Plus he often gets beat on the outside. I agree, it would be interesting to see if they pair him with Schultz when he comes back, although I think they will keep JJ (unless they somehow move him) with Schultz and move Olli with MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->