Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Cats - If you give a moose a muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
+ZAR for playing the way he should be playing. I really hope he isn't injured, I want to see him playing just like he did tonight.
+People keep saying the Penguins need to add a puck moving top-4 D, they've done that already: Marcus Pettersson is that guy. He's a top-4 defenseman right now, I honestly have no doubts with that
+Murray is now up to a .917 save% on the year

Still want a more established PMD on the Left side.

If you can trade Maatta as apart of the deal. Like Maatta+something for Martinez.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Murray is now tied for the 11th best save% in hockey this year. Just throwing that out there, in case anyone doubts him. He's back, the elite Matt Murray is back.

Remarkable turnaround.
Thing was i was confident he could get back to average but i forget just how good he can really be.
I remember now.

Reactions: StaalForOne

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Murray was our mvp in this game as crazy as that sounds seeing as how the score was 5-1.

Sid took the game over in the 3rd
I think Murray when he is on has some sort of goalie version of spidey sense. So many times where it seems like a guy should have an open net Murray is already there and swallows the puck. He can still make the exciting save but I love how calm everything seems when he is playing well. It's good for my nerves.

The last 10 minutes were about as good as I can remember the Pens looking recently.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Pens win on 70's night! I'll be rooting on the pens on Friday night in Anaheim.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think we will see Oleksiak against Anaheim. They play a bit dirty at times. Riikola struggled for 30. That may be enough just to get big Rigg in there unfortunately.

Maybe it's only because I'm a couple of shots in, but do you think it's fair to say "unfortunately"? I feel like that's how they should be using Oleksiak and Riikola, alternate the two based on who's playing well and who they're playing. That seems like the smart way to both help those guys develop (if there is any room to grow, I definitely think that room exists with Riikola) and keep the best team on the ice right now.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
solid thread title...

+s rust...not just the goals
+s SID...just...we're so f***ing lucky to get to watch 4 hockey gods in such a short period of time...
+s MATTMURRAY...so damn good when he's good 8-0-0 since his return!!!!
+s Pets...asst, standing up for teammates, solid D
+s ....................ZAR...he's busting his ass and making better decisions all over the ice...ways to go, but Im liking what Im seeing...stepping up for his PERCEIVED transgression, good on him...I hope he's ok

+ geno...I think he's been, at least, trying harder the last handful of games...the results (real ones) will come

- injuries...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Not bothered about the stars not really showing up for a lot of the match. We won the game before most of them had their second shift, they've got better things to do than bust a gut against Florida in January.

But a lot of the depth players deserve big shout outs. Pearson I think is going to have a great time here, simply because he's exactly where he needs to be 90% of the time and does what he needs to do once there 90% of the time. Simon has become so elusive and shifty, he's not just a rubbish magnet now but making plays. Rust - fantastic. Sheahan - I think that goal put a spring in his step, I really hope he can build some confidence and intensity and remind people why he got his money in the first place. ZAR's slowly growing on me.

This team is coming together.

Also, shout out to the video coach, great offside challenge.

Finally - biggest positive is for not letting the loss get in their heads. Straight back out there and getting business done.

p.s. At some point Petterson will lose form and I want to judge who he is then. But right now the way he is growing is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->