Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Cats - If you give a moose a muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++ Team: Yes... just the word team. There were so many moments in this game where the team was more important than the individual. Sid, Kessel, and Geno were pathetic on the powerplay? No worries. PK and Matt Murray will pick them up. It was their time to give back anyway. Sid gets punched behind the net? No worries, Riikola came in without hesitation to make sure that stopped. Sheahan gets a cheap shot? No worries, Pets will drop the gloves to step up for his mate. Florida wants to take a couple cheap shots? No worries, ZAR will lay the hammer down to stop that nonsense. Horny goes down to injury? Guys step up. Major props to ZAR. Major props to Rust.

This is an important step for the Pens. I felt this was one of their strongest team efforts in the sense of guys picking one another up. It was far from pretty. So the fact they had one another's back and made it through was nice. It was nice to see the stars almost at rock bottom being picked up by mates who deserved to give it back. Think about when Rusty was down in the dumps. The team had his back. Now he's giving it back consistently. I love it.

++++++ Murray: Oh come on. This could have been a 7-5 game. Murray was amazing! That was 2016 level. That was 2017 level. Just a beast of a game by Mur. He holds the fort down and the team gives it back. I do not have enough words for #30. That was one hell of a performance.

+++ Pets, Letang, Maatta, etc.: Strong game by the defense. Riikola struggled for the first 30 minutes but he found his game late in the game. Pets had a monster game. Letang had a monster game 5 on 5. Dumo was a rock. Maatta looks like a new player when he's with Riikola. They really work well together.

- The obvious issue was PP1 with Kessel, Malkin, and Sid. Who gives a shit. Stars have bad games. The team picked 'em up. We do have to figure 71 out, though. He cannot put together consistent efforts.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Fairly solid all around but that PP issue needs solved fast and they cannot keep bleeding shots and chances, especially against good teams.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Alright, Chicago’s done til next season. No more Debrincat goals, **** washed up goalies playing lights out and Toews empty netters. Back to business.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
anigif_enhanced-buzz-28618-1344354919-3.gif

Murray, Rust, Sid, Jake and Pettersson++++++++++

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
the Pens are a superior franchise to the Florida Panthers. f*** that franchise, i i he they fold.

okay I'll calm down. I'm hoping ZAR and Hornqvist aren't injured long term because of that useless team.

yes Hornqvist's injury was accidental but still

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+ZAR for playing the way he should be playing. I really hope he isn't injured, I want to see him playing just like he did tonight.
+People keep saying the Penguins need to add a puck moving top-4 D, they've done that already: Marcus Pettersson is that guy. He's a top-4 defenseman right now, I honestly have no doubts with that
+Murray is now up to a .917 save% on the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad