OT: Cole's OT Block Party: Coldplay, Chainsmokers, Mandalorian, Lost in Space, RoS all rock! Let's go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Haha, I get that. When I was in my late 20's and early 30's, my parents were always on the whole "we want grandkids" trip, I wasn't really dating anyone that I could see myself having kids with and what not. But I hate that pressure, you should only have kids if you're wanting to do that in your life and have someone that is on the same page.

I've had mates that had a kid and thought that would save their relationship, that floors me. Bringing another life into the world is their solve for fixing their shit? Jesus christ, horrid way to not admit you need counselling.

That reminds me of this video:

:laugh:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Okay, that's what I figured. I was definitely going to do the aviation museum, but the pass lets me do museums I was at least moderately interested in. The SD History museum was one of those, but I probably wouldn't do it without the pass.

Right now I have the two zoos, maritime museum, USS Midway, Aerospace museum, a few of the other museums in Balboa (History, natural history, science center, history museum and Japanese garden were the ones that caught my eye), Gulls game and a Ducks game on my itinerary. Also toying with the idea of a day trip to Tijauna just to say I've been to Mexico and don't have to go back :laugh:

Get ready to walk at the SD Zoo. I think I did 7 miles the day I went. I also did the Natural History museum which was pretty decent.

Ducks? Like, Anaheim? That's not close to San Diego.

do you notice a difference in how you feel so far?

I’m really bad about coffee and alcohol (and dip). Probably have a pot or more of coffee a day. Can’t give up coffee fully but I’ve been thinking about doing a clean month of alc w/ as little caffeine as possible.

I believe I've stopped grinding my teeth in my sleep, so that's certainly a positive. I replaced my coffee caffeine intake with tea intake. I'm certainly more tired at night and I think I'm falling asleep faster.

I was facetiming my niece and she was telling me how her mom and her brother stole her dominoes and won't share, she's 2yrs old so she's at that age where her L's are W's so it's adorable. She's less of a nightmare than my nephew was at 2, I'll say that much. Adorable midget.

Then she started to sing me that stupid Baby Shark song. Almost yelling it, like she was trying to do it in the most metal way possible.

I didn't think that song would still be a thing.

Aw man, I can't find it but there's this one video where this teen goes all out dancing to it. And it is hilarious.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Get ready to walk at the SD Zoo. I think I did 7 miles the day I went. I also did the Natural History museum which was pretty decent.

Ducks? Like, Anaheim? That's not close to San Diego.

Yeah I'm going to take the Pacific Surfliner from SD to Anaheim. It's only a 2-ish hour train ride and it's apparently beautiful to ride along the ocean. I'd be jumping on a train at like 8 AM and getting in Anaheim at about 10 AM for a 1 PM game.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Surfliner should be open seating, but if you have to pick, get one on left side going up, so you'll be on the coast.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I'm considering getting a tablet. Any suggestions that aren't Apple products?

I only have a shitty Samsung one from a few years ago.
It added nothing to my life. Just collects dust, really.

What's your planned use for one?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I only have a shitty Samsung one from a few years ago.
It added nothing to my life. Just collects dust, really.

What's your planned use for one?

To travel with (which is 4 to 5 days a week), to browse the internet, to post on HF during Pens games, stream videos, and cast videos to my Chromcast. I have no plans to use it for Word documents, spreadsheets, calculations, or other business type things. Maybe to draw on.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
So a bigger screen smartphone

Hard to argue against the industry leader...I hate Apple products/UI myself

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
My iPad Air 2 is still going strong and I bought it the year it came out. I have had family members cycle through a bunch of Samsung, Amazon, other cheaper tablets in that time period. Maybe the competition has improved since then?

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
My Amazon Fire work decently well for that purpose and the main attraction is that they are pretty inexpensive. I use mine to surf the net, read kindle, and stream things from netflix etc, including hockey.

The only potential hurdle is that it comes with a proprietary app store from Amazon that is kind of lame but you can easily sideload Google Play as long as you note that, in rare cases, apps from Google won't work on the Fire. I've run into it for maybe 2 games I tried to install.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don’t identify as as anything or whatever. I just decided to cut back on meat consumption. I found it kind of f*cked up when I would eat seafood or chicken wings for example that it took like >10 animal’s lives to make my meal. I don’t feel guilty when I do eat meat. Also, it is amazing how good vegetables can taste when prepared in interesting ways.

From letter to word, that post are my thoughts and feelings exactly. I love animals / dogs etc etc... well, the ones that don't try to kill me. I hate cats (sorry Clare) because I have a cat lady next door to my grand mothers house that feeds literally hundreds of the stray bastards and they bring with them the most intense flea outbreaks during the season. I brought my dog there once during the heavy season last year and *POOM* bowser was covered in flea's ... literally in an instant...

Getting off point here, but I always say I love animals and I was sitting around at night outside looking at the stars / scenery - some decompress time- and I thought, how the hell can people say they love animals if they eat meat? How can _I_ say I love animals yet support the horrid conditions and brutality the meat mega corps impose on the poor unsuspecting people. (Like George Carlin says: "ANIMALS ARE GOOD PEOPLE" "You don't see chickens tying other chickens to chairs and strapping their nuts to car batteries do you? No, cause they're good people".

Anyway... little by little I'm going to make the switch to the most absolute minimalist intake of meat possible. I gotta talk to you and Clare and Pixie and and and I forget the rest, but I need some whatever it's called, cross-over?, recipes... or replacement more like, recipes that I can substitute in. Especially when I start running and hiking and mountain biking etc etc now that the warmer weather is approaching!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
shit, piss, f*ck, c*nt, c*cks*cker, motherf*cker, and tits.

...wow HF would almost make Carlin proud.

I have to admit, I prefer ******* to f*cking, though.

Guessing what bad words people were using was fun. And single asterisks are not aesthetically pleasing.

I could just stop swearing in posts...

...Lol, f*ck that

haha yeah.
In real life, hmmm, as in life when conversing to people not on the internet, I always thought when people cussed it made them trashy af and seem less educated. Than I sat back and thought how the hell can I double standard people like that when I too cuss way too much.

It is a bad habit to fall into. I still have people I hang around - not really friends friends - but they are almost 40 and STILL say f*** three or four times a sentence and it's so embarrassing.... They'll say something like, "f*** dood, did you see that f***er over there f***ing look at my f***ing girlfriend? What the f*** is that guys f***ing problem. f***ing idiot."
It's that feeling like, uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dood... do you know you just said f*** 10 times in a span of three seconds?
Drives me crazy. So I try to make it a point to clean up my speech the best I could in public or in groups.

Reactions: EightyOne

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
My iPad Air 2 is still going strong and I bought it the year it came out. I have had family members cycle through a bunch of Samsung, Amazon, other cheaper tablets in that time period. Maybe the competition has improved since then?

iPads are weirdly great for any live music or video production. My GF runs Final Cut Pro on hers to make quick edits of commercials on the fly, and a bunch of my musician friends tour with iPad Pros for beats/synths, that sort of thing.

That said, anything else, yeah.... just get something else.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I can confidently say no. The Android tablets are straight trash. I've wasted money on Samsung tablets and other brands and they are just garbage. If the update and supports weren't already crap for the android phones it's even worse for the tablets. They stop support for them probably within the first year they release that model you buy.

Meanwhile apple ipads go on forever. I bought my mom an iPad 8yrs ago and that thing outlast my Galaxy tablets easily. Her 4th gen IPad in the meantime, still runs fairly quick.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I guess there's no incentive to brick your iPad. Apple is good for some things. No viruses and streaming or like someone said music. But if you want ease of use, being able to customize, etc. I'd go with King Sammy.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I guess there's no incentive to brick your iPad. Apple is good for some things. No viruses and streaming or like someone said music. But if you want ease of use, being able to customize, etc. I'd go with King Sammy.

Mac's can get virus / malware / trojans / ransomware etc etc... just less susceptible.

By simply just buying a mac doesn't guarantee you will never have to worry about a virus or other security issue.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Upside of Fire is you can install the google store on it with a minimum of fuss. Gives you access to two different marketplaces. That said, it feels...idk...junky compared to my (older) iPad.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
I can confidently say no. The Android tablets are straight trash. I've wasted money on Samsung tablets and other brands and they are just garbage. If the update and supports weren't already crap for the android phones it's even worse for the tablets. They stop support for them probably within the first year they release that model you buy.

Meanwhile apple ipads go on forever. I bought my mom an iPad 8yrs ago and that thing outlast my Galaxy tablets easily. Her 4th gen IPad in the meantime, still runs fairly quick.
I love how older Apple devices continue to get supported for updates. I think that is the main reason I have stuck with Apple for the last 15 years. That and no bloatware garbage software lol

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What do you need to customize though? I used to be a heavy android user but switched to apple because that's all work would give me as a work phone and I slowly realized I only liked android because I "could" do shit.but I never did. Like ooh I f***ed with zooper and my load screen was some lame shit. But after I started to use my iPhone more I realized how little I needed that garbage I thought I did.

I use my iPad pro like a laptop and gaming etc and it's a blast.

Android gives you the perception of full customization but then it's like why do I even care?

It's like getting a Honda civic and modding the shit out of it. After a while, it's just lame.

Meanwhile apple is like the all the options civic that works exactly the way it should and you appreciate that.

Reactions: turtle27

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I love how older Apple devices continue to get supported for updates. I think that is the main reason I have stuck with Apple for the last 15 years. That and no bloatware garbage software lol
Yeah that's 100% why I haven't gone back to the Samsung phones and the Note series. I don't want to mod my Os just to get the recent updates. Meanwhile I see people with IPhone 6s phones and it gets updates still and those are like what 5yrs old now? They work perfectly fine. My mom still uses hers with the same Os updates as my Xs Max.

Samsung stops "os updates" after 2yrs if even. Seems like a waste. Phones are getting pricier and the support still sucks? Seems shitty. People whine about apples batteries but Samsung literally makes your shit useless within a year and a half and instead of a new battery you're looking at just a whole upgrade.

Reactions: dogthateats

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I went Samsung for 2 years, what a pile of shit. I also had a Samsung Tab4, crap too.
Exactly.

I remember I got that Samsung Galaxy Tablet Pro 12.2, it was massive, it was new, it stopped getting support literally that same f***ing year.

What a joke. The last Samsung phone I had was the Note 7, the explosive one.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Exactly.

I remember I got that Samsung Galaxy Tablet Pro 12.2, it was massive, it was new, it stopped getting support literally that same f*cking year.

What a joke. The last Samsung phone I had was the Note 7, the explosive one.
I actually think there was something wrong with my tablet as it was slow as f***, hated it. Should have just bitten the bullet and paid a little extra and got an iPad. At least I have one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad