Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I know everybody knows about Last Chance U but I'm late to QB1 on Netflix. It's way better too. I was almost done with Season 1 and Netflix took it off on August 1st :mad:

Really good show. Between having Fromm season 1, Fields season 2, and Rattler season 3 (assuming he starts this year at OU), they will have had a big time QB on every season of the show thus far.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I got some breakfast with two friends in Carnegie yesterday morning. And then we headed out to the Grist House Collier location. That site is going to be so damn cool. The site they acquired is a former Nike Missile Command Center. In talking with the one employee there, they plan on having a full restaurant, a few tap rooms, a park, and a concert venue/stage.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Really good show. Between having Fromm season 1, Fields season 2, and Rattler season 3 (assuming he starts this year at OU), they will have had a big time QB on every season of the show thus far.

Sadly I finished the show up last night. Way better than Last Chance U too because they put all their stock into one team. This is a way better format.

Reactions: That1Kid

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Going on a vacation/trip is the last place you’d expect something like that to happen - sorry for your loss.

The group had gone camping throughout the summer, but it always fell on my weekend shifts. In hindsight, maybe it was best I wasn't there. I don't think I could handle witnessing a situation like that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I got a phone call that a friend died yesterday. He passed away while camping with a singles group, which I’m a part of. I’m still struggling to accept the news.

Terribly sorry, BHD. I'm terribly sorry.

Reactions: BHD

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
@ColePens @BHD
please forward this to your contacts at HFB

We need a + and - for posts

Screw the Like button

We need the most pointless of stats (+/- )to be a thing

Because some posts REALLY deserve a - and some don't REALLY deserve a Like but + based on their content

Make it happen

The Star Wars forum I'm part of has a system like that. Disliked posts aren't hidden though, which is nice.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
The Star Wars forum I'm part of has a system like that. Disliked posts aren't hidden though, which is nice.

Totally

I don't want it hidden or censored

I just want a system of downvoting without having to quote and be like "this is the stupidest shit I've ever read" every time lol

I'm ok if the people who + or - a post see hidden. like right now it says blahblahblah Likes This Post...just make it pure numbers and "anonymous" if it'll get too antagonistic when I am on the - list of every post by certain posters lol

45+ 22- etc etc

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I got a phone call that a friend died yesterday. He passed away while camping with a singles group, which I’m a part of. I’m still struggling to accept the news.
Ah mate that's terrible news. It's hard to say anything that will help, but just remember the good times. Virtual hug, mate.

Reactions: Clare2904

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@ColePens @BHD
please forward this to your contacts at HFB

We need a + and - for posts

Screw the Like button

We need the most pointless of stats (+/- )to be a thing

Because some posts REALLY deserve a - and some don't REALLY deserve a Like but + based on their content

Make it happen
I don't know if I like the negative option.

I can hit a new negative points record.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Ah mate that's terrible news. It's hard to say anything that will help, but just remember the good times. Virtual hug, mate.

Thanks.

Everyone (the other singles) is thinking “what if” (he didn’t drink and wasn’t as lively during the event), but nothing prepares you for that. It (we don’t know what got him), happened out of the blue. Again, I’m still struggling to come to grips with him being gone.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Thanks.

Everyone (the other singles) is thinking “what if” (he didn’t drink and wasn’t as lively during the event), but nothing prepares you for that. It (we don’t know what got him), happened out of the blue. Again, I’m still struggling to come to grips with him being gone.
Mate, I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I did when one of my mates passed suddenly. Trying to make sense out of it is something people just can't do, the most you can do is offer support to those around you, talk to each other, help each other get past this and grieve in your own way on your own terms and not force it. It's what I did and at times the thoughts of "Why?" creep in, but you quickly course correct yourself. I'm sure you've been through some loss, if you haven't, then this is going to be a lot of odd emotions to sort through and you just gotta give yourself some time.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
That's why what I see happening, and it's why I suspect other online communities shy away from including it.
Yeah a slight disagreement and it turns into a neg rep pissing contest that I want no part of. If HF introduced that feature, I think that would be the end of me on this board, means nothing to everyone, but I just can't be apart of a place that does the neg rep thing that can quickly pour on by people just to be an ass about things.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would neg you until I got banned tho.
OSmxcU6.gif

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah a slight disagreement and it turns into a neg rep pissing contest that I want no part of. If HF introduced that feature, I think that would be the end of me on this board, means nothing to everyone, but I just can't be apart of a place that does the neg rep thing that can quickly pour on by people just to be an ass about things.
I actually dislike the "like" system, too. The beauty of a board is discussion. I'd rather someone type "I agree (and here is why)" or "I disagree (and here is why)".

Likes are weird. I think people having a different opinion is a good thing. That's the point of a message board. To openly have discussions about the topic at hand (in this case... how f***ing shitty the Penguins are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad