Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So, uh, Marty Jannetty decided to log on to Facebook today and confess to murdering a gay man when he was a teenager. Just a normal Wednesday in 2020.

ReasonableWellgroomedIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A shitty Oregon author, which looks like the kind of person that would make these leaps and assumptions...

Claims Kindergarten Cop is similar to "Birth of a Nation" (LOL) and well...read the rest of her thoughts on why the movie is romanticizing policing.
“Yes, KINDERGARTEN COP is only a movie. So are BIRTH OF A NATION and GONE WITH THE WIND, but we recognize films like those are not ‘good family fun,’’ Leveen said in a tweet.
“They are relics of how pop culture feeds racist assumptions,’’ the author added.
“There’s nothing entertaining about the presence of police in schools, which feeds the ‘school-to-prison’ pipeline in which African American, Latinx, and other kids of color are criminalized rather than educated,’’ Leveen said in another tweet.
'Kindergarten Cop' screening canned for 'romanticizing over-policing' | Toronto Sun
IT'S A f***ING MOVIE ABOUT ARNIE BEING A DORK AND TRYING TO CATCH A f***ING DRUG DEALER...the movie was filmed in Oregon and was to be shown there for this film festival and whelp, her whining and her flock of idiots put that to an end. I love going to Portland, but their claims of being "weird" are less "weird" and more of those annoying social justice warrior types, now.

I can't wait until some wanker that doesn't even remotely understand racism like her, complains about Goonies romanticizing how deadly pirates are and deformed super strong criminals and then how ET is romanticizing racism towards aliens.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
A shitty Oregon author, which looks like the kind of person that would make these leaps and assumptions...

Claims Kindergarten Cop is similar to "Birth of a Nation" (LOL) and well...read the rest of her thoughts on why the movie is romanticizing policing.

'Kindergarten Cop' screening canned for 'romanticizing over-policing' | Toronto Sun
IT'S A f***ING MOVIE ABOUT ARNIE BEING A DORK AND TRYING TO CATCH A f***ING DRUG DEALER...the movie was filmed in Oregon and was to be shown there for this film festival and whelp, her whining and her flock of idiots put that to an end. I love going to Portland, but their claims of being "weird" are less "weird" and more of those annoying social justice warrior types, now.

I can't wait until some wanker that doesn't even remotely understand racism like her, complains about Goonies romanticizing how deadly pirates are and deformed super strong criminals and then how ET is romanticizing racism towards aliens.
it's crazy how liberal I tend to seem by the standards of the people I know and interact with in real life, but then there are people that are these people that are just off the wall compared to me. I don't know who or where these people are aside from the internet though because I certainly don't know any of them in real life. I'm more of a "we shouldn't let people starve to death if we can help it" and "treat people with basic human decency" kind of liberal, not a cancel anyone who might have offended someone sometime in their life kind of superliberal.

Seriously, if you are offended by Kindergarten Cop you are going out of your way to try to be offended. I honestly don't believe that the bulk of these kinds of people believe what they are saying. They can't, right?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
it's crazy how liberal I tend to seem by the standards of the people I know and interact with in real life, but then there are people that are these people that are just off the wall compared to me. I don't know who or where these people are aside from the internet though because I certainly don't know any of them in real life. I'm more of a "we shouldn't let people starve to death if we can help it" and "treat people with basic human decency" kind of liberal, not a cancel anyone who might have offended someone sometime in their life kind of superliberal.

Seriously, if you are offended by Kindergarten Cop you are going out of your way to try to be offended. I honestly don't believe that the bulk of these kinds of people believe what they are saying. They can't, right?
Gave me a toomah to be honest, mate.

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->