Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Drivers who won't let you move over are the worst.

People who don't understand merge lanes piss me off. I had a grandma run me off the road once. It gets back to what we are learning with covid.. People only care about themselves and no self awareness. If I'm in a lane and I know people are going to be merging into it soon and I can get over I will. These idiots with no awareness who just stay in the lane when they can get over irks me.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It's not even that. We are both doing 50 km/h. Besides, I sometimes do 10 over the limit. So if I still can't pull ahead (as I approach the opening in the lane and flip my signal), then like... Just let me move over. That's all I ask.
what annoys me the most are the people in bumper to bumper traffic who work so hard to make sure nobody gets in their lane. Like dude, my lane is turning in to an exit soon, I need to get over. It's honestly easier to do it without using a turn signal because as soon as you put the signal on the people next to you work extra hard to keep you from moving over.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
what annoys me the most are the people in bumper to bumper traffic who work so hard to make sure nobody gets in their lane. Like dude, my lane is turning in to an exit soon, I need to get over. It's honestly easier to do it without using a turn signal because as soon as you put the signal on the people next to you work extra hard to keep you from moving over.
Zipper merge. The amount of f***ing morons here that don't understand 4-way stops, as well as Zipper merging...jesus christ mate.

I just know I 100% relate to Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

Like obviously you don't want to be that one bloke that lets in literally all the cars in front of you, but how it should work is you let a car or two in, the idiot behind you does the same, voila. Vancouver/Lowermainland traffic and Seattle traffic is mostly due to morons that can't merge or haven't figured out how to merge, it's like a f***ing Ego trip for these tossers, so instead of just letting people in, they back traffic up miles behind them and when you pass that merge point you are like "Wtf, THAT is where the traffic hold up was? I f***ing hate people."

Also, people that go from the left lane to the far right (3rd lane) exit right before the exit? I hope they die, I hope their genitals explode and they never procreate ever again.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
While I love to drive, I 100% get the need of automated vehicles, there are just far too many idiots on the road and it sets me off, I don't road rage but I do have a squeeze stress ball in my car that is in need of a replacement soon. It'd just be hilarious the moment the world goes automated, traffic will literally disappear because human idiocy will be taken out.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd totally get a Tesla, but they look like garbage.
This is another one of those things I just don't understand. I get the idea of wanting a nice looking car, I do. But aside from some ridiculous looking outliers, I really just don't get what makes a car look nice or like garbage. Take away the tags and I couldn't pick out a testla vs an Audi vs a BMW or whatever. They all just look like slight variations on a normal looking car to me. They looked a little different, but none look better or worse to me. So I get the idea, but I legitimately don't know what I'm supposed to even be looking for. Two people in my office have BMW's and I don't think they look any nicer than the Altima, Civic, Accord, or Impala that they are parked right next to.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Also, people that go from the left lane to the far right (3rd lane) exit right before the exit? I hope they die, I hope their genitals explode and they never procreate ever again.
to be fair it's tough in Pittsburgh. Before the tunnel I have about 100 yards to cross 3 lanes to get from my on ramp to the lane I need to be in when I get to the other side, and then I have another 50 to cross 2 more after the tunnel. If I only get over 2 before the tunnel, it's 3 after.

Zipper merge. The amount of f***ing morons here that don't understand 4-way stops, as well as Zipper merging...jesus christ mate.

Part of zipper merging is using the lane as long as it's a lane and people always call me an asshole for doing it. If the lane is turning in to an exit lane or something don't be the guy in the wrong line who needs to get over, but if it's just 2 lanes merging to 1 there's no reason not to use the 2nd lane. And then you just take turns between lanes.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
It's not even that. We are both doing 50 km/h. Besides, I sometimes do 10 over the limit. So if I still can't pull ahead (as I approach the opening in the lane and flip my signal), then like... Just let me move over. That's all I ask.

YOUR lane is ending??

In California it's YOUR problem to figure out how to merge ahead or behind conflicting traffic.

What is the Canadian driving law in regards to ending lane/merge responsibility?

Now..if there's an open lane, it would be POLITE to move over and help you. But here, we're under no obligation to do so whether lane ends or say you're getting on freeway. Other states are different.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Speaking of which, is the Pittsburgh left still a thing?

Too many assholes to keep up the Burgh left.

It's still around, but rush hour, good luck.

I noticed in BC, Vancouver definitely doesn't, neither did the Island and definitely not Richmond and Burnaby. But Surrey? Every time and no one honks when someone allows it, whereas in those other cities, you will definitely have people pissed at you.

Seattle, lol, good luck.

100000% f*** all this "no you go ahead, and I'll back up my own traffic so you can turn left with zero right of way" bullshit

Take your ass around three rights if one left is too tough

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
100000% f*** all this "no you go ahead, and I'll back up my own traffic so you can turn left with zero right of way" bullshit

Take your ass around three rights if one left is too tough
Three rights in Pittsburgh will put me across the wrong river and through a tunnel going the wrong direction :laugh: we don't have a choice here, the lane we are coming from is three lanes away from the lane we need to be in and they only intersect for the next 50 yards of this bridge.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Three rights in Pittsburgh will put me across the wrong river and through a tunnel going the wrong direction :laugh:

I dunno. Sounds like you'd be driving AWAY from Pittsburgh, at that point.

Win-win?

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I just know, the most idiotic city here (san Francisco) makes no left turns and hills work.

Y'all really wanna be worse than them? They do have a better grid. Pittsburgh is closer to Bostonian idiocy with goat paths.

Reactions: Andy99

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
YOUR lane is ending??

In California it's YOUR problem to figure out how to merge ahead or behind conflicting traffic.

What is the Canadian driving law in regards to ending lane/merge responsibility?

Now..if there's an open lane, it would be POLITE to move over and help you. But here, we're under no obligation to do so whether lane ends or say you're getting on freeway. Other states are different.

More so an open lane (and yes, it is about not being an ass). Canadians don't know how to merge. I merge as soon as I can - yes, you CAN do that if there no other vehicles close to you. Others wait until their lane is ending (and the adjacent lane is crammed) and try to squeeze in. It doesn't make sense.

I'm part a FB group for Moncton's worst drivers, and one member (who's lived elsewhere) claims Monctonians wouldn't be able to handle bigger cities. They're too lax with their knowledge and tendencies needed to keep up with busy traffic.

Last edited:

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
While I love to drive, I 100% get the need of automated vehicles, there are just far too many idiots on the road and it sets me off, I don't road rage but I do have a squeeze stress ball in my car that is in need of a replacement soon. It'd just be hilarious the moment the world goes automated, traffic will literally disappear because human idiocy will be taken out.

I love to drive my car- like I get low key excited when I have to run and get something. Note that I'm in a midwestern state where I can get from 1 end of town to the other in 20 mins. So I'm sure my minimal traffic impacts my perspective

The other reason I'll hate automated cars is that I'm too much of a control freak. I wouldn't trust my car to take evasive maneuvers if something happened.

Reactions: BHD

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
We're so far off of automated vehicles

The whole entire infrastructure would have to go fully automated overnight

Bringing it in one car at a time is so costly plus the computers literally can't do it right....yet

If companies want to throw money at it fine. It'll be a sad day for me. But I have to go evasive, like slam brakes or move lanes multiple times a day on my 100 miles.

And I'm VERY VERY good at reading and anticipating what's about to happen (having ridden motorcycles you develop a spidey sense REAL quick).

Also, sidenote, a freak lightning storm has ignited the dry as hell summer hills in my dumbass state again. Ash is falling like a severe case of dandruff. Been outside five minutes, about 200 flakes of ash. Sky looks like death. Sigh.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad