Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I completed Hannibal on Friday night. That's got to be up there as one of my favorite dramas of all time.

I finished it myself a couple weeks ago. Great. I’m now almost done with Dark, great as well. So many good shows I’ve watched in the past year it’s hard to rank...

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It’s one of those shows that was popular before the internet really took hold I think. At the time it got a ton of press.

The first episode sets the show up better than any other show I have seen. Finale is the most punishing finale ever as well.

It also to my knowledge has never been on a streaming service.

You just gave me a flashback of 2000 (give or take a few years) where I would make weekly trips to walden books to go check out the magazine racks (and hope the good ones were already popped out of their plastic sleeve) for my interest and hobbies updates. Ie, comics, games, sports, computer stuff... mostly Linux stuff back then. Ahhhh the days before the entire world was at your finger tips from your house.... I friggin miss those days....

Then I remember this magazine (I chose my favorite cover)... what ever happened to this magazine...
iu

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So, we watched the movie Coma (maybe Koma (it is russian)). It was dubbed so I didn't have a choice... I dislike dubs for the most part.
BUT... the movie... one of the most original worlds in a movie I've seen in a long while.... it wasn't perfect but it was definitely an enjoyable movie.

Like the one reviewer guy said, 'if marvel or disney had their claws on this movie it would be a massive franchise'.... i kind of agree... the corps would run this premise / world to the ground

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, @Honour Over Glory . . . Madison has randomly slipped on the hardwood floors and kind of psyched herself out where she'll be over careful because of it (unless of course someone rings the doorbell, in which case she forgets about her hardwood floors phobia and trots to the door, but I digress).

Anyway, with her knee, hip, and joint issues-- not to mention the cancer-- we decided to order a 25 foot x 2 foot roller with rubber backing. Got it today, put it down, and now she's still walking on the hardwood floors, casting a wary eye in the direction of the roller (and every time we lead her to it, instead of being like 'hey, this is easy', she looks for the first chance to get off onto the 'safety' of the hardwood floors.

Bless them all . . . pets certainly have the best personalities.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So, @Honour Over Glory . . . Madison has randomly slipped on the hardwood floors and kind of psyched herself out where she'll be over careful because of it (unless of course someone rings the doorbell, in which case she forgets about her hardwood floors phobia and trots to the door, but I digress).

Anyway, with her knee, hip, and joint issues-- not to mention the cancer-- we decided to order a 25 foot x 2 foot roller with rubber backing. Got it today, put it down, and now she's still walking on the hardwood floors, casting a wary eye in the direction of the roller (and every time we lead her to it, instead of being like 'hey, this is easy', she looks for the first chance to get off onto the 'safety' of the hardwood floors.

Bless them all . . . pets certainly have the best personalities.
Dogs are quirky little wankers. Dogs and hardwood floors make for some entertaining videos, mate.

Reactions: KIRK

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I know, but with her issues, I hold my breath every time she psyches herself into slipping.
With Dogs, it's always their body failing them while their heart is willing. It's heart breaking to see but also heart warming to know that your Dog is always a goofball that just wants to experience everything even when they should take it easy. I hold on to that when I think about my Dogs.

Reactions: Ogrezilla and KIRK

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
By roller do you mean runner?

Is there still a distinct off-gassing smell?

Use a row of treats on it like ET and Reese's Pieces?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What a horrible year...Covid, my cat getting put down, my washing machine exploding and flooding part of the basement, my dryer stopped working, now....looks like someone stole my dads pension, says he has nothing so we gotta call tomorrow and go WTF???? all that money just doesn't disapear. All of that minus covid has just been the month of July.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What a horrible year...Covid, my cat getting put down, my washing machine exploding and flooding part of the basement, my dryer stopped working, now....looks like someone stole my dads pension, says he has nothing so we gotta call tomorrow and go WTF???? all that money just doesn't disapear. All of that minus covid has just been the month of July.
Mate that sucks. I don't know what to say positive wise..

I mean the weather has been great?

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
56880-waking-up-every-morning-in-2020-be-like-lets-see-where-were-we-oh-yes-in-the-pit-of-despair.jpg

Ugh, that all super sucks.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Is it just me or does anyone else think a child sex trafficking ring with some majorly big names/celebrities being involved should be big news?
I feel like it's barely getting mentioned

Prince Andrew, Dershowitz, Bill Clinton

Unsealed Ghislaine Maxwell Documents Reveal Explosive Allegations

It should be, but I feel a lot of those wealthy people have money and ties in media. Sounds like that's a job for the people of the internet (and real life) to take a hold of.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wanted to like the show but their weird fascination with pushing that daisy character lost me. I kept on with that show for 3 seasons and tried to stomach a lead that had absolutely no charisma or any acting talent and was literally out acted at every turn by everyone around her. I gave up.

It reminded me of Smallville and Lana Lang. The wet blanket in every f***ing scene she was in and when they finally got rid of her it got better and it was already too late.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Watching the new transformers series on netflix.... really cool G1 iteration...

Ten minutes in and it's already better than the Bayformers disaster franchise, bug formers nonsense garbage.

Even have the G1 look and transforming sound.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Watching the new transformers series on netflix.... really cool G1 iteration...

Ten minutes in and it's already better than the Bayformers disaster franchise, bug formers nonsense garbage.

Even have the G1 look and transforming sound.
As a huge fan of the war within series that I've mentioned several times, it's the closest I'll get to that being any sort of movie and I love it so far as well.

Reactions: LOGiK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad