Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So Kyla (my pup) is still in ICU. Something has caused her red blood cells to start fusing together. On its own, that increases her risk for blood clot issues. But more urgently, it's causing her immune system to attack the red blood cells. Healthy red blood count is like 35-55 percent. When she got there she was at 13. She's moving in the right direction since getting a blood transfusion, but it looks like she's gonna need a second before the drugs get her immune system in check. She was up in to the 20s at least, and eating and walking outside to go to the bathroom.

What a strange disease that came out of nowhere. At least it's not painful, but I feel so bad that we can't see her.

I'm sorry Ogre. Glad to hear there's reason to be cautiously optimistic. Pulling for Kyla, my friend.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Damn it, BrilloBox is closing.

Apparently BRGR in East Liberty is also closing permanently. But at least Square Cafe is moving into that BRGR/Spoon shared spot.

Last edited:

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Yeah, sorry. The videos I'd seen were more...well...you were clearly seeing a lot of people's last moments. Thankfully that 7 second clip shows the explosion without showing the, erm, true scale of it.

It almost looked like Beirut got nuked...but the mushroom cloud was red and filled with tiny explosions within explosions.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yeah, sorry. The videos I'd seen were more...well...you were clearly seeing a lot of people's last moments. Thankfully that 7 second clip shows the explosion without showing the, erm, true scale of it.

It almost looked like Beirut got nuked...but the mushroom cloud was red and filled with tiny explosions within explosions.

Oh. Well I'm certainly glad I didn't see those videos.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Let's not turn this into a political thing, but the official government comment is that it was a fireworks plant and the unofficial speculation is that it was an underground facility for precision guided rockets that were intended someday in the future to be pointed southwards.

That said, yep . . . it's wild (apparently you can find others on twitter, including one or two from a closer perspective).

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Just because, because damn.

Attachments

• 20200804_164544.jpg
    20200804_164544.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200804_163036.jpg
    20200804_163036.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200804_162757.jpg
    20200804_162757.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 6

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Madison at about 8 weeks weighing about 6 pounds, taken just after our late frenchie founder her under our car at the office.

thumbnail

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just got delivery notifications on 2 boxes from UPS that are not on my porch. By my count that's the 5th & 6th package of the year that UPS has delivered to the wrong address. All other delivery companies combine for 0 f***-ups.

What brown can do for me? Stop being so goddamned incompetent.
I was out today from about 3pm to midnight and I had a parcel sitting at the front of my door all day until I got home. Canadian UPS is usually idiotic but it's nice that my neighbors aren't thieves.

That parcel btw was a fairly large box just sitting in front of my door. I don't know why, I just didn't expect it to be there when I got home and since the gf is out of town, its usually signed for every time. My neighbors are stuck up wankers, so I doubt they'd steal anything, also literally all of us have cameras in front of our homes, so there's that too.

But mate, I would be livid if someone stole my parcel. I would straight up go Taken on them and hunt them down, even if it was a 20$ parcel.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
A "rage room" recently opened nearby

Considering gOing and breaking plates..maybe a t.v.
Mate, if you go, let me know how you felt before and after. I have been thinking about going to one with the gf. Outside of the shooting range, it's nice to let off some steam and that always intrigued me.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Mate, if you go, let me know how you felt before and after. I have been thinking about going to one with the gf. Outside of the shooting range, it's nice to let off some steam and that always intrigued me.

Just scheduled for Sunday morNing, when my work week ends

I'm currently extremely frustrated and stressed, so, I'll update on how much that changes Sunday lol

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Damn it, BrilloBox is closing.

Apparently BRGR in East Liberty is also closing permanently. But at least Square Cafe is moving into that BRGR/Spoon shared spot.

Was BrilloBox a good time? I went there once and they had this underground EDM show going at the upstairs bar. Kinda a weird vibe if we’re being honest, and I like that music generally.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Was BrilloBox a good time? I went there once and they had this underground EDM show going at the upstairs bar. Kinda a weird vibe if we’re being honest, and I like that music generally.

Yes, I enjoyed myself there. They hosted plenty of events and shows -- even had some relatively big names there. I think it was Will Butler of Arcade Fire who had a solo show there. There's just not too many small places that host some cool indie/alternative events.

And their food and draft list was good.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yes, I enjoyed myself there. They hosted plenty of events and shows -- even had some relatively big names there. I think it was Will Butler of Arcade Fire who had a solo show there. There's just not too many small places that host some cool indie/alternative events.

And their food and draft list was good.

Damn that sucks, at least Smiling Moose is still going strong (I hope)!

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
So Kyla (my pup) is still in ICU. Something has caused her red blood cells to start fusing together. On its own, that increases her risk for blood clot issues. But more urgently, it's causing her immune system to attack the red blood cells. Healthy red blood count is like 35-55 percent. When she got there she was at 13. She's moving in the right direction since getting a blood transfusion, but it looks like she's gonna need a second before the drugs get her immune system in check. She was up in to the 20s at least, and eating and walking outside to go to the bathroom.

What a strange disease that came out of nowhere. At least it's not painful, but I feel so bad that we can't see her.

I am so sorry to hear this. I absolutely love my dog and I could not even imagine

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad