Cole's OT BBQ! Burgers and house music coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Luckily, my family has some non-ability-to-process-alcohol gene and for that reason, we’re not able to drink too much before feeling sick....now if only @ColePens could help me with my ice cream addiction and turn it into a love of all things peanut butter....

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I mean... bad decisions that will alter your life forever can be made regardless. But yeah... the ol corn squeezins sure do make it much easier to convince yourself those horrible decisions are quite sensible thankyouverymuch and by the way aren't I handsome?

Alcoholism runs rampant through both sides of my family. I hit it hard when I was in my college years... as 20somethings with little in the way of brains are wont to do... but these days it's very occasional. I don't really have much choice... my body flat out rebels against it, now. I get waking-hungover on like 4 beers before I even have a chance to REALLY be buzzed.

Though admittedly quarantine times have upped my brown liquor consumption by concerning amounts. But these people drive me to drink. So it can't really be helped.

Yeah besides my body seemingly forming a heavy aversion to it... I just made the conscious choice to pump the brakes hard after my university days were over. Frankly it wasn't that hard, anyway. Work like a dog 6 days a week for years and have all your friends move away and you don't really feel like drinking much. Or maybe you do. I didn't. I was always more a social drinker, anyway. But I didn't want to find out how far things could go...

Besides, like you... I much prefer alternatives that are much safer and more rewarding. At least to me.

I like the happy, warm zero-problems feeling of tying a good one on. But literally everything else about the experience makes me feel like a gross, bloated, depressed piece of turd with a massive headache and a stomach that feels like it's full of angry bees. That's not fun.

Same.

I'm like you.. if I have one or two beers I'm going to be hungover the next day. If even the slightest of headaches or body aches... it's still very annoying.

Man... I wonder how many 'lost' days I've had after drinking in my life. That's just insane to think about... I've easily gotten **** faced smashed at least 300 times. That is also probably an incredibly low estimate... and even that.... thinking I've lost a year worth of days where I was head ached, stomach destroyed, body achey overall nauseous body feeling is downright embarrassing.

In the words of Eric Burden, 'I've wasted all my good times... having good times'

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Luckily, my family has some non-ability-to-process-alcohol gene and for that reason, we’re not able to drink too much before feeling sick....now if only @ColePens could help me with my ice cream addiction and turn it into a love of all things peanut butter....

It's seriously like I somehow developed the same thing as the years went on. I just attribute it to getting older and falling WAY off my previous consumption rate but in my 20s we were in and out of bars/clubs 4-5 nights a week, often times. And sitting around the house smashing a suitcase was really no thing. I'd pop right back up at 7AM the next morning fresh as a Spring daisy and bop off to work, no worse for the wear. That would kill me, now.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

You wouldn't have happened to try the Klondike Oreo Ice Cream sandwich have you? That right there is an easy introduction to ice cream addiction.

----

Oh damn!!! That reminded me!

I've been wanting to make my own custard. All I know is it requires eggs. I'm going to look into that right now.

Anyone here make their own custard?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
You wouldn't have happened to try the Klondike Orea Ice Cream sandwich have you? That right there is an easy introduction to ice cream addiction.

----

Oh damn!!! That reminded me!

I've been wanting to make my own custard. All I know is it requires eggs. I'm going to look into that right now.

Anyone here make their own custard?

Haven’t tried it...I’m not big on stuff like cookies in my ice cream, I like the “simple” kind, but boy, do I like it when I eat it...lol

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Haven’t tried it...I’m not big on stuff like cookies in my ice cream, I like the “simple” kind, but boy, do I like it when I eat it...lol
haha... that is addicting no doubt.

Oh and I meant gelato... like frozen ice cream custard... not custard as in like a bavarian doughnut and pie filling.

The frozen ice cream custard... I want to make that myself.... but I also fear the ramifications of being able to create such a deliciously tasty creation... well, the weight gain aspect of it..

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Damn... I need to purchase an 'ice cream maker' machine to mix the material as it freezes.

Not really sure that I can make a gelato without it. Unless I crack open the freezer door enough to squeeze my hand inside and stir it as it freezes simultaneously.... my polish ingenuity never stops churning.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Blake, but they're all great.

iu

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
New batch of jerky on, experimenting with various imported wasabi products. Oil, powder, sauce, and paste. Lol, some heat will have to come through.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
New batch of jerky on, experimenting with various imported wasabi products. Oil, powder, sauce, and paste. Lol, some heat will have to come through.

I've heard rumors that the homeless population around your neighborhood has plummeted...hmm

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think you just listed the reasons i like BCS over bb :laugh: both are great but I prefer the somewhat more grounded slow burn of BCS.

Breaking Bad was very out there in terms of actual reality and I enjoy BCS, which is like every says, more close to reality, but I gotta say, BB is king of TV.... just like early x-files, which is also Vince Gilligans first real entry into the world of entertainment.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
DAMN.

I saw 'The Big Ugly' movie and Vinnie Jones in a mobster movie and thought it was another guy ritchie film.... but its not....

Now I'm not sure I want to watch it or not.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Breaking Bad was very out there in terms of actual reality and I enjoy BCS, which is like every says, more close to reality, but I gotta say, BB is king of TV.... just like early x-files, which is also Vince Gilligans first real entry into the world of entertainment.
I think I like the best parts of breaking bad more than BCS, but I think it had more stuff that I didn't really like about it too. Just less consistent overall. Things like the robo-machine gun really didn't do it for me.

I'd say BB is still in my top 5 (probably 3 without miniseries), but it's not my number 1.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think I like the best parts of breaking bad more than BCS, but I think it had more stuff that I didn't really like about it too. Just less consistent overall. Things like the robo-machine gun really take me out of it.

My biggest problem with BB was Pinkman... such an annoying little cry baby. Yeah, he had plenty of cool and funny things going on, but overall... man he was just so annoying.
Not sure why he got so much praise.

Robo gun, yeah, kind of excessive there...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
My biggest problem with BB was Pinkman... such an annoying little cry baby. Yeah, he had plenty of cool and funny things going on, but overall... man he was just so annoying.
Not sure why he got so much praise.

Robo gun, yeah, kind of excessive there...
Jesse is probably my favorite part of the show. Any time he's being a "cry baby" he has plenty of reason to. The dude is constantly taken advantage of and abused by Walt and honestly pretty much everybody else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big McLargehuge

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Jesse is probably my favorite part of the show. Any time he's being a "cry baby" he has plenty of reason to. The dude goes through a ridiculous amount of shit. He is constantly taken advantage of and abused by Walt and honestly pretty much everybody else.

yep. he gets shit on repeatedly no doubt. not sure why he stuck around though. If you had million(s) of dollars would you stay in that relationship?
Or would you drive down the street throwing bricks of cash with probably 100k in each roll, into strangers mail boxes?

Him flipping on walter and hiding behind the police / hank did make for one of the most tense scenes ever before filmed on television though.

Hank vs the skin heads was one of the most amazing and crazy tense scenes I've ever seen.
I remember after watching that the first time I just sat there with my mouth open..........

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
yep. he gets shit on repeatedly no doubt. not sure why he stuck around though. If you had million(s) of dollars would you stay in that relationship?
Or would you drive down the street throwing bricks of cash with probably 100k in each roll, into strangers mail boxes?

Him flipping on walter and hiding behind the police / hank did make for one of the most tense scenes ever before filmed on television though.

Hank vs the skin heads was one of the most amazing and crazy tense scenes I've ever seen.
I remember after watching that the first time I just sat there with my mouth open..........
Jesse was pretty much a broken person. He certainly wasn't making good rational decisions.

The last season is all-around great, but I think the finale itself was kind of a letdown. Not bad by any means, but I just didn't love it. I think it felt too close to Walt "winning" and getting what he wanted. The fact that the finale's climax is Walt winning a shootout with robogun is probably the biggest complaint I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad