OT: Cole's OT Bar: Now serving aviations and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Nah I don't blame ya and I hate the cold too.. I was mainly thinking about people who say that they refuse to walk more than a few feet on their way to get a workout in... people be lazy... I'm one of 'em =]

I don't really workout in the winter though... it's more of a drink, eat, gain some mass and be super lazy. Spring summer and fall have plenty of action that winter is a legit downtime season. Especially to rest and heal up if you work out a lot.
Yeah, it is great to hibernate in the winter but I really need to get my stamina levels up so that when I go hiking in May I don't die on Mount Washington :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, it is great to hibernate in the winter but I really need to get my stamina levels up so that when I go hiking in May I don't die on Mount Washington :laugh:

That too =P
There is nothing better than hiking either somewhere... or getting deep enough into the hike where you don't hear anything.... no cars no horns no people.... and it's just the wind and nature... or some predator breaking branches rustling bushes stalking you =P

Snow / winter hiking is great because of no bugs (but still ticks those little disease carrying f***ers - they make me hate hiking) but nothing beats a nice warm weather hike / camp / fishing excursion.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Im looking for a poster who is a member here on this board. But I dont know his nick. He was a member on "ABF" and his nick started with the letter "M". If you are still here please consider PMing me.

Last edited:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Im looking for a poster who is a member here on this board. But I dont know his nick. He was a member on "ABF" and his nick started with the letter "M". If you are still here please consider PMing me.

giphy.gif

Don't do it "M"!!!! They gonna hit you for backpay child support!

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
effin hell man. I remember part of the reason why I stopped playing hockey for a number of years.

This shit is expensive! I'm gathering items and replacing equipment that will certainly not work...not much of a used gear market out here...and f*** me I'm gonna blow through my budget before I even pay league fees next month! ALLCAPSCURSEWORD!

Havent even had time to hit any local-ish stick times. Geez.

Add to it that my damn car is quickly showing how small it really is--Miata, lol--and like a couple grand in dental bills right now means I ain't tryna buy another car...f*** f*** f*** f*** f***

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
effin hell man. I remember part of the reason why I stopped playing hockey for a number of years.

This **** is expensive! I'm gathering items and replacing equipment that will certainly not work...not much of a used gear market out here...and **** me I'm gonna blow through my budget before I even pay league fees next month! ALLCAPSCURSEWORD!

Havent even had time to hit any local-ish stick times. Geez.

Add to it that my damn car is quickly showing how small it really is--Miata, lol--and like a couple grand in dental bills right now...**** **** **** **** ****
Ice hockey is super expensive.... even roller hockey, with the wheel and bearing replacements.
It sucks hockey is so expensive... I still use the same skates I bought when I was 16 years old... still fit and all the white turned black from stick tape and pucks hitting them.

If you have one of those 'play it again' sports stores where you can buy/sell used equipment that is your best route for getting new gear. I am always switching my helmet from half visor half cage to full cage, I can't stand the fogging and that anti fogger shit just don't work.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Yup, was able to get my partner some stuff at play it again sports because not sure how much they will play/if I can convince to play hockey anyway. But no gear was my size there, if you are a Junior M to Men's M sizing, then, they had like two rows of stuff lol. Damn it.

I just use the full cage. I'm not good enough to act like the slightly impeded visibility negatively affects my play hahahah. Having a clear visor would do nothing for me.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yup, was able to get my partner some stuff at play it again sports because not sure how much they will play/if I can convince to play hockey anyway. But no gear was my size there, if you are a Junior M to Men's M sizing, then, they had like two rows of stuff lol. Damn it.

I just use the full cage. I'm not good enough to act like the slightly impeded visibility negatively affects my play hahahah. Having a clear visor would do nothing for me.
We are, all of us, imperfect.
I'm not great either... but I'm fast as hell and I can skate like an olympic dancer without the tights.
Can't slapshot a hockey puck worth a shit and I been playing ice hockey (not straight through) but for at least 10 years and started when I was 10 years old.
I'm a KesselCooke kinda player. I'm dirty, but I know how to play. And I only started being dirty because I'm 5-11 165(ish) and all the large gorillas always tried to kill me so I had to adapt... going low when they charged at me, etc...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I like how Goodreads tells me to recommend books to people because they like fiction. Amazing stuff.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Went to the gym yesterday and f*** knows what I did but I woke in the night barely able to move. All around my ribs it was tight and stiff. I felt nothing during or after the gym and never did anything to pull muscles (bike/treadmill/elliptical) is all I used.

Anyway, I went back again this morning and just used the treadmill and elliptical. Afterwards I used the steam room which was lovely.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
That's called being out of shape and using muscles you don't usually lol

I have severe delayed onset muscle soreness. I feel great until between 24-48hrs after heavy exercise.

I remember one day I was doing a bunch of leg lifts of like 250lbs or some stupid shit.

Was fine. Until I couldn't bend my ankles for a week because my calves/achilles were like...f*** you dude.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I wouldn't call myself out of shape nor did I do anything OTT. Anyway, they just called me to tell me about Open House tomorrow. I saw the flyer today, sign up tomorrow and get a free month so might as well go for it. There is no sign up fee (would never pay one) and I can cancel anytime without penalty.

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I'm scared of heights while standing next to a 750 ft crater on top of a dormant volcano. Needless to say, I'm uncomfortable rn.

Now. Imagine doing that climb, but you're a moron and wore flip flops, but your feet were sunburned from they prior day, and all those steps very quickly dislodged sand from inside your flip flops...which over the course of like ten feet, ground into your sunburn like sand paper...But you decided you didn't want to wuss out, so kept going all the way up barefoot.

Congrats. You'd be EightyOne circa 2014.

God that was painful.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
Nice. Only AHL, but never sat front row.

San Diego Gulls at
San Jose Barracuda
20190218_125817.jpg

Will be back...upper level, though...for Bruins at Sharks tonight.

Edit: lol this is awesome. So many goals and crushed faces!!! Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Clare2904

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I wouldn't call myself out of shape nor did I do anything OTT. Anyway, they just called me to tell me about Open House tomorrow. I saw the flyer today, sign up tomorrow and get a free month so might as well go for it. There is no sign up fee (would never pay one) and I can cancel anytime without penalty.

Your body will get used to the training and you'll be fine.

Keep working hard my dear ;)

Reactions: Clare2904

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone play 'Spelunky'?
I want to smash my keyboard off my desk already. Reminds me exactly of 'spelunker' on nes when I was a kid.... infuriating, but addicting.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That picture makes my teeth hurt

The fruit loops one is really good. :D

I think they have 8 shops now. First one was in Portland. Mrs Kirk used to go their regularly on business and bring back. Lines would stretch out the store and around the corner. And, you'd see their boxes in the airport for people taking home.

Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad