OT: Cole's OT Bar: Now serving aviations and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bruuuutal pun, Randy. Even for you. :laugh:

Anyone have any shows you watch that are some of the worst shows? Like I really enjoy American Pickers to see what collectors like to buy even though I'd never be a collector. I also really enjoy Curse of Oak Island because I really feel something happened there and just want to know what (I don't believe there is a treasure there at all).

Anyone dig any silly shows like that for fun?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Remember those shoes that you could pump up? That was an entertaining fad.

You'd be playing and someone would stop to start pumping their shoes. People would be like "oh shit, he's pissed, it's on now." :biglaugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bruuuutal pun, Randy. Even for you. :laugh:

Anyone have any shows you watch that are some of the worst shows? Like I really enjoy American Pickers to see what collectors like to buy even though I'd never be a collector. I also really enjoy Curse of Oak Island because I really feel something happened there and just want to know what (I don't believe there is a treasure there at all).

Anyone dig any silly shows like that for fun?

Used to watch Storage Wars. Does that count?

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I don't know what that means. I feel worse than I have in a good decade though. Super achey, cough, fever, and I get dizzy when I stand up.
Usually when a man says he is sick it is just a snivel but acts as though he needs the Last Rites.

Hopefully you feel better soon

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
That definitely counts, @KIRK, because it was fake but it still had "collector" stuff. I am always fascinated by what people will collect. It's so fun to watch. Then you can deep dive variations, time pieces, etc. Like a single wrestling figure can have a misstep on the cardboard and it's worth thousands more. Insanity.

Reactions: KIRK

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Internet is down at my place. Onto my 3rd movie of the day. I bought a bunch of DVDs from big lots a while ago and it is coming in clutch right now.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
You never realize how much money you spend on stupid **** until you're trying to cut down on spending. Buying food at work, eating out and beer costs me like $80 a week, which adds up really, really fast. Just cutting that in half gets me like 80% of the way to my goal of cutting spending by $200 a month.

So far, I've thought of downgrading my internet (I don't need 150 MB/sec with no roommate), unplugging stuff that I'm not using, turning down my heat during the day, cutting fast food/alcohol/amazon spending and going to Walmart/Aldi's over Giant Eagle. Those alone probably get me well beyond my $200 goal, but there's nothing wrong with going beyond it :laugh:

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Got tickets to the Nations League and then I realised that I think I might have applied wrong, meant to apply in group with friends but think I did just one ticket instead of 3...

Ooops..

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Fresh from UPS:
20190225_154107.png

Good luck, beer leaguers, at stick lifting these Fabrique au Canada Sher-Wood 5030 twigs! Buncha benders with those glass Bauer composites!

And, cheah, they are Coffey curve, of course. Wicked wristers inbound, boys!

Also..yes..I know wood sticks are outclassed. These are backups/loaners....but I do love wood sticks lol.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I never played at a super high level or anything. Especially after I blew my knee out.

I think I went through a few different iterations. But I mostly landed on the Jagr curve for most of my pitiful "career." KOHO, I think. Which was also a lot like the Zetterberg and Kane curve, IIRC.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We were all street hockey until I was 16 or 17 and they opened Hot Shots right down the road. I probably played 5 or 6 seasons of organized inline there between my senior year of highschool and then my first year out of college while I was back home finishing student teaching and subbing. I was a true stay at home d-man, with 1 goal in that career. It was a shorty though. An awful slapshot from the blueline going probably 3 feet over the net, high sticked by the other team's dman perfect 5 hole on his own goalie. A real beaut.

Reactions: EightyOne

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Hey buddy, they all count.

I played a shitload of street. And then moved to ice in a local league but still played lots of street. Even made my school team but like I said I blew my ACL senior year and never really pursued ice seriously beyond that. Aside from occasionally playing some pickup when a bunch of guys were going in on renting some time here and there.

I usually played C/LW depending. But it was all pretty fluid. Loved to pass off the puck but my shot wasn't terrible.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
you know how I know I sucked at hockey? Aside from only ever playing inline with a ball, that is. I have no idea what curve I used, which has to mean it was different every time.

To be fair, there was a lot less variation to curves back then. IMHO, it's gotten overblown and people are idiots these days with obsessing over flex numbers and curves.

There are styles that certainly affect specific shots. But it's like...It's a hockey stick, man...go shoot the puck.

If you can shoot you'll still be good, if you suck, no flex, curve, or material will help (see: pro players who never score goals yet have access to best equipment).

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I originally only played street hockey on concrete and with chain link fences. Then, on occasion, we would sign up for a dekhockey league in Murrysville or one of those Pens dekhockey tournaments. The only equipment we had were sticks. And then one of the tournaments made us get gloves. They thought we were required to have shinguards too, but they were wrong. And then the next tournament they had it explicitly stated that shinguards were required. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad