OT: Cole's OT Bar: Now serving aviations and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The US Virgin Islands are beautiful.

Most beautiful place I have been too... was the Florida Keys, Big Pine key was our friends family, short drive to Key West and Bahia Honda. We used to go out on boat and stop at islands and would walk knee deep to chains of islands in crystal clear bath-warm water.

Not even mentioning Duval street and the rest of the experience. Keys are true beauty and relatively safe. Surprisingly not that many tourists either... such a unique place.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Know what else is a dump? Bermuda. Cockroaches like six inches long I'm telling you and they are everywhere. The ocean is beautiful and the island is a giant trash bin.

Funny story you mention about New Jersey... me and my friends went to see Chicago there in Newark (pretty sure it was Newark). And this hood came up to my friend who was lighting a cigarette and asked him if he had a cigarette and he never gave out bum's to people, but I guess he was intimidated by this guy, so when he pulled out his pack, the guy took the pack out of his hands and just walked on.

lol... and my friend is a psycho and he was stunned and just let it happen... lol... still laugh about it to this day and it was like 15 years ago. **** New Jersey man..... it really is like the movies (in certain areas obviously) but I never saw empty building liquor store empty decrepit warehouse building liquor store empty building liquor store.... anywhere like that outside of new jersey.

Yeah, Newark is a real **** hole. I have some friends who live up in the Ridgewood area, which is really nice, but that and Cape May are the only "nice" parts of New Jersey. Northern NJ is decent, but basically everything else is trash.

I should also roll back my original comment a little bit, me saying "Honolulu is a dump" is unfair because I was judging it based on its crappy areas. It's like every city, it has some nice areas and it has some real slums. I'd say Waikiki, downtown Honolulu and Chinatown (which is shocking, because every Chinatown I've been to has been a dump) are all nice, it's just a lot of the rest of what I've seen is crappy. It does seem like there are more crappy/run down parts of Honolulu than in a lot of other cities, so I do think it's a somewhat dumpy city.

Something positive about it is that the bad areas I've seen aren't as bad as some of the bad areas I've been to. Portland, which is my 2nd favorite city after Pittsburgh, has the most run down area I've ever seen next to their Greyhound station (right next to their Chinatown IIRC). It's apparently not even the worst area in Portland, but the nice areas were so nice that I really like Portland. I haven't seen anything super run down here, it's just that I've noticed way more run down areas than nice areas. There's not a chance in **** I'd ever willingly live here though, which is funny because I know of a bunch of people who are trying to go work at Pearl Harbor as a part of that leadership development program.

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yeah, Newark is a real **** hole. I have some friends who live up in the Ridgewood area, which is really nice, but that and Cape May are the only "nice" parts of New Jersey. Northern NJ is decent, but basically everything else is trash.

I should also roll back my original comment a little bit, me saying "Honolulu is a dump" is unfair because I was judging it based on its crappy areas. It's like every city, it has some nice areas and it has some real slums. I'd say Waikiki, downtown Honolulu and Chinatown (which is shocking, because every Chinatown I've been to has been a dump) are all nice, it's just a lot of the rest of what I've seen is crappy. It does seem like there are more crappy/run down parts of Honolulu than in a lot of other cities, so I do think it's a somewhat dumpy city.

Something positive about it is that the bad areas I've seen aren't as bad as some of the bad areas I've been to. Portland, which is my 2nd favorite city after Pittsburgh, has the most run down area I've ever seen next to their Greyhound station (right next to their Chinatown IIRC). It's apparently not even the worst area in Portland, but the nice areas were so nice that I really like Portland. I haven't seen anything super run down here, it's just that I've noticed way more run down areas than nice areas. There's not a chance in **** I'd ever willingly live here though, which is funny because I know of a bunch of people who are trying to go work at Pearl Harbor as a part of that leadership development program.

I met a few people stationed in Hawaii and everyone of them couldn't wait to get out of there.
Yes it is beautiful and the climate is nice, but people seem to put way too much stock into that without knowing what they are getting into.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I noticed yesterday that somebody hit the back of my truck while I was working. Top corner on the driver's side of my tailgate, big softball sized dent, paint chipped off and my bed liner is now sticking up in that corner. I don't even know how the hell you can hit that spot (high on the tailgate, bumper was fine), I think it was somebody with a plow. Of course they just drove away. There's so many pieces of **** out there it's very difficult to be a positive person sometimes....

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Woke up today with a REALLY deep voice and my throat hurts like a mofo.

I noticed yesterday that somebody hit the back of my truck while I was working. Top corner on the driver's side of my tailgate, big softball sized dent, paint chipped off and my bed liner is now sticking up in that corner. I don't even know how the hell you can hit that spot (high on the tailgate, bumper was fine), I think it was somebody with a plow. Of course they just drove away. There's so many pieces of **** out there it's very difficult to be a positive person sometimes....

Bro that sucks, I agree that sometimes it's hard being positive with all the dumbasses in the world. Hope you somehow find out who did it and get reinbursed.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I need to make my way to the Pacific Northwest soon. Always wanted to go there for as long as I remember. The other place I always wanted to go to was New Orleans and I did that many years back.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Signed up for a local gym. Got a free trial for three visits. Going to try out the classes. I get very bored very quickly at the gym so with a class, I can't leave before the end :laugh:

They have Zumba, HIIT and Spinning so a decent variety.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Signed up for a local gym. Got a free trial for three visits. Going to try out the classes. I get very bored very quickly at the gym so with a class, I can't leave before the end :laugh:

They have Zumba, HIIT and Spinning so a decent variety.

Didn't you recently have a crazy yoga or HIIT class? How'd that go?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Cancelled the yoga as I want to try the gym and these classes first.
You have a YMCA there? My Y is in this old building that looks like a castle, has a pool, basketball, racketball courts, steam rooms, sauna (which is usually broken). But our Y has so much stuff do do if i don't want to free weight I can universal if I don't want to lift I can just swim or play ball.

Not sure about classes they offer if any... but Y here is outstanding when not wanting to get bored of the gym is an issue.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
You have a YMCA there? My Y is in this old building that looks like a castle, has a pool, basketball, racketball courts, steam rooms, sauna (which is usually broken). But our Y has so much stuff do do if i don't want to free weight I can universal if I don't want to lift I can just swim or play ball.

Not sure about classes they offer if any... but Y here is outstanding when not wanting to get bored of the gym is an issue.
Yes and that was on the list but the parking there is utter bullshit. I went to go do a tour on Wednesday and couldn't even park so f*** that. It is also nearly double the price of this other gym. All it has that the other doesn't is a pool and that is not really something I would be interested in using.

The gym I will probably join is on a large retail park that is never busy so parking won't be an issue. Not going to pay for a place that I can't even get into.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Yes and that was on the list but the parking there is utter bull****. I went to go do a tour on Wednesday and couldn't even park so **** that. It is also nearly double the price of this other gym. All it has that the other doesn't is a pool and that is not really something I would be interested in using.

The gym I will probably join is on a large retail park that is never busy so parking won't be an issue. Not going to pay for a place that I can't even get into.

You know what... my Y is in the city too and it also has crap parking where you have to pay2park if you can even find a spot. I wonder if that is a common thing in ymca's.

If it's not your thing it's not your thing, but swimming is an incredible workout and it's kind of fun compared to lifting. Just treading water for 30 minutes is one incredible workout and you don't sweat all over some filthy machine. I love the pool.
Also, if you are lucky enough to have rock-climbing, between swimming and rock climbing that is one hell of a workout and is pretty fun at the same time.
Kind of feels like I'm cheating on boring exercise with the fun one ;)

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
You know what... my Y is in the city too and it also has crap parking where you have to pay2park if you can even find a spot. I wonder if that is a common thing in ymca's.

If it's not your thing it's not your thing, but swimming is an incredible workout and it's kind of fun compared to lifting. Just treading water for 30 minutes is one incredible workout and you don't sweat all over some filthy machine. I love the pool.
Also, if you are lucky enough to have rock-climbing, between swimming and rock climbing that is one hell of a workout and is pretty fun at the same time.
Kind of feels like I'm cheating on boring exercise with the fun one ;)
Mine is just off the motorway and a busy area of the West Island. There is a retail park behind but it would be a 5 minute walk etc and I ain't doing that in this weather. Aqua aerobics is the only thing I would have done in the pool as I hate going for a public swim, it is always full of coffin dodgers that want to do slow laps. I only swim freestyle or backstroke and create a splash which pisses them off :laugh:

This gym has a steam room. The website said sauna so was a little disappointed when I saw it was a steam room

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Mine is just off the motorway and a busy area of the West Island. There is a retail park behind but it would be a 5 minute walk etc and I ain't doing that in this weather. Aqua aerobics is the only thing I would have done in the pool as I hate going for a public swim, it is always full of coffin dodgers that want to do slow laps. I only swim freestyle or backstroke and create a splash which pisses them off :laugh:

This gym has a steam room. The website said sauna so was a little disappointed when I saw it was a steam room

Walking a few minutes to the gym?? 'Ain't nobody got time fo dat!' lol

Yeah I hate old heads in the pool... I go in the evenings so they are already home sleeping by the time I arrive. Steam room is the good one - to me personally -- AND BONUS if it has a eucalyptus pod in there it makes your nose open right up and just feels so much more complete than a regular steam.

Sauna's are nice, but I have a phobia someone is going to lock me in there and I'll shrivel and die a pathetic death. Our sauna is always broken for some unknown anyway. Like... mysteriously always broken.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Walking a few minutes to the gym?? 'Ain't nobody got time fo dat!' lol

Yeah I hate old heads in the pool... I go in the evenings so they are already home sleeping by the time I arrive. Steam room is the good one - to me personally -- AND BONUS if it has a eucalyptus pod in there it makes your nose open right up and just feels so much more complete than a regular steam.

Sauna's are nice, but I have a phobia someone is going to lock me in there and I'll shrivel and die a pathetic death. Our sauna is always broken for some unknown anyway. Like... mysteriously always broken.
It is not the distance but the fact that a) it is round the back of an unlit retail park and b) not actually allowed to park there. Factor in the weather and yeah, f*** that on a cold Tuesday night

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It is not the distance but the fact that a) it is round the back of an unlit retail park and b) not actually allowed to park there. Factor in the weather and yeah, **** that on a cold Tuesday night

Nah I don't blame ya and I hate the cold too.. I was mainly thinking about people who say that they refuse to walk more than a few feet on their way to get a workout in... people be lazy... I'm one of 'em =]

I don't really workout in the winter though... it's more of a drink, eat, gain some mass and be super lazy. Spring summer and fall have plenty of action that winter is a legit downtime season. Especially to rest and heal up if you work out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad