OT: Cole's OT Bar: Now serving aviations and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Most professors. We take our jobs very seriously, especially if we're talking about my side of it, which is younger. And indoctrination really doesn't apply for anyone, regardless of which side of the isle you're on. If you want that sort of thing, you join a think tank. I took classes with some of the biggest names in conservative thought even though I'm a flaming liberal and my professors never once tried to convert me to the cause. It's a courtesy I also extend to my students too.

It's a frustrating career, but honestly, if you don't love teaching and education, you tend to wash out quick because of that. The pay isn't great, you teach a lot, you do lots of work, and you don't really get free time, even when classes aren't in session. There's much better careers you can do if you just want to get paid.

The closest I came to "indoctrination" in school was a bad joke about PETA?!? The fine line between comedy and tragedy in an engineering program exists as a razor's edge.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Definitely my favorite Pittsburgh taco place. And maybe my favorite Pittsburgh restaurant. Which location? And what tacos did you get?

I ordered grubhub so whichever location is closest to shadyside.

Went with 4 of their signature tacos (ranked):

3) Ooey-Gooey
1) Lucy’s Fire
4) Surf N Turf
2) Bubba Kush

This was the first time I’ve eaten from there. It was pretty good, I liked all of the tacos, but I thought Lucy’s Fire was the best by far. Next time I eat there I’ll probably do the build your own tacos.

I liked that other place Tako a bit more (near market square), but it’s also way more expensive. Last time I ate there I got some drinks and 3 steak tacos and left with like a $60 bill.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I ordered grubhub so whichever location is closest to shadyside.

Went with 4 of their signature tacos (ranked):

3) Ooey-Gooey
1) Lucy’s Fire
4) Surf N Turf
2) Bubba Kush

This was the first time I’ve eaten from there. It was pretty good, I liked all of the tacos, but I thought Lucy’s Fire was the best by far. Next time I eat there I’ll probably do the build your own tacos.

I liked that other place Tako a bit more (near market square), but it’s also way more expensive. Last time I ate there I got some drinks and 3 steak tacos and left with like a $60 bill.

Your food probably came form the Larryville location. Affordability always plays into how much I can enjoy a restaurant or bar (cc @ColePens). Which is probably why I rank Condado ahead of Tako. That, and I freaking love the Bubba Kush taco. I'll have to try Lucy's Fire next time.

Bakersfield has acceptable tacos, too.

I have yet to have Baby Loves Tacos (dear lord I hate that name), Bea Taco Town, or Bull River. I'm pretty sure I had Edgar's and those were great. But that was almost 4 years ago, so I don't quite recall.

Reactions: That1Kid

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Your food probably came form the Larryville location. Affordability always plays into how much I can enjoy a restaurant or bar (cc @ColePens). Which is probably why I rank Condado ahead of Tako. That, and I freaking love the Bubba Kush taco. I'll have to try Lucy's Fire next time.

I have yet to have Baby Loves Tacos (dear lord I hate that name), Bea Taco Town, or Bull River. I'm pretty sure I had Edgar's and those were great. But that was almost 4 years ago, so I don't quite recall.

Bakersfield’s are solid for sure. Every once in a while I’ll stop there after work for happy hour. Haven’t tried the others you’ve listed, but I need to because I LOVE tacos.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Teaching at the university level is tough, but grade school teaching is nuts. Talk about overworked and underpaid! I'm a very good university lecturer (at least according to my evals every year, YMMV), but I wouldn't stand a chance in a high school or middle school class room. It's a much more intense field.
I was in the inner city too. I honestly think there's a chance I'd still be teaching if I got a job out in the suburbs, but I just don't have it in me to convince a kid who doesnt know if he's going to get dinner tonight to care about physics.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
C99890FF-1F98-4EAE-AC6F-2DC5C05705D9.jpeg Ready for tomorrow’s game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Just at physio and they were doing a visual exercise with me. I had a number grid in front of me and they’d say Penguins players and I’d have to point to the number.

It was fun. They said my favourite first up (Hornqvist). Although I got Pettersson wrong (23) and Murray for some reason (33). I was tired alright :laugh:

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
308E1ECE-BAFC-42EF-A8FE-8CD912D5FFEA.jpeg 1F0690BD-4BB3-4855-8EA5-7521C432A52D.jpeg I might have just spent 3g on some game of thrones Scotch.

Edit. Obviously I did. It's already stocked on my shelves.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just at physio and they were doing a visual exercise with me. I had a number grid in front of me and they’d say Penguins players and I’d have to point to the number.

It was fun. They said my favourite first up (Hornqvist). Although I got Pettersson wrong (23) and Murray for some reason (33). I was tired alright :laugh:
Did you get -46?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We didn’t get to that far. He used Horny, Gudbranson, JJ, Dumo, MP, Murray, Cullen and insultingly Sheahan and Brassard (which I reminded him was McCann now). :laugh:
I actually need to go get an intacs procedure on my left eye. I get to wear an eye patch.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My brother and his family are over. Just felt like flying in so now I'm drunk and no one can decide what to order for food. I need food.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My brother and his family are over. Just felt like flying in so now I'm drunk and no one can decide what to order for food. I need food.

Legendary Noodle on Denman is really good. Not sure if they deliver though or if it’s close to your place. They make the noodles for your dish freshly. You can see them making it. I have anosmia but I could taste their food so it must be pretty tasty.

https://www.legendarynoodle.ca/

Last edited:
Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Las Palmas.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
hahhha

aaaaa.png

aaaaa.png

Come on, I can't be the only one who thinks these are hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad