OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I hope they go with a nod to their hockey history and call the team the Metropolitans. I'd look forward to any problems it would cause with the stupid division name.

I think they already have a team named the storm.
ETA: Yup, WNBA team.

So it doesn’t count ;)

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So it doesn’t count ;)
tenor.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
In a general sense of being a fighting game yeah. You can even play as Ryu and Ken. But really no, it's not much like street fighter.
So what does this compare to? I got my nephew the wii and it has smash bros on it. Well when it was new. Never understood it. But I'm currently curious about it now.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
So what does this compare to? I got my nephew the wii and it has smash bros on it. Well when it was new. Never understood it. But I'm currently curious about it now.
It's more of a platform fighter than a typical fighter. A lot more movement than something like street fighter or tekken. And you don't have a health bar, the goal is to knock each other off of the stage. The more damage you take the farther each attack sends you flying.

You can have relatively serious fights like this. This mode each person has 3 lives and it's strictly 1v1. No items and no super special moves. I like this playing on my own online because it's less randomness.

Or less serious with up to I think 8 people (this is 4) and with items and super specials included. This one is a time match to see who gets the most kills. This is a fun way to play with bigger groups because the items and stuff even the playing field quite a bit.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
@Ogrezilla that actually looks like a lot of fun.
it is. I played an ungodly amount of the gamecube and Wii versions in college. It's way more casual friendly than most fighting games. Everybody does their attacks with the exact same inputs. Just a direction with A or a direction with B. So it takes a while to get good, but at least you can come in and do all of your moves right away.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
(Sarcastic post coming)

I would just imagine all of you tablet users are at least age 50 or older. But for real, technology has been quite disappointing the last 5-10 years. Bluetooth should be MUCH further along and connectivity issues are everywhere. Stuff like Alexa and voice command is pretty poor. They are all interesting, but very poor in terms of versatility, in my opinion.

Even the new phones that come out. It's pretty poor. The updates are so small and the price goes up and up.

Cole, my man, try living through the 70's/80's.

I don't know if your head could even handle the 60's/50's and so on, when you get in your time machine.

From the invention of the TV to color TV to Color TV - WITH REMOTE to watching TV on your Tablet/Phone is all in less then a 100 years...

Now imagine life before that....for thousands of years.:laugh:

Spoonman32

Jun 22, 2011
@EightyOne

It's Las Vegas, not Vegas, it bothers me too.

I really like the Seattle Kraken, the logo opportunities would be really cool. They could really knock it out of the park with the branding and think of the tag lines!

"RELEASE THE KRAKEN: Seattle on a 5 game winning streak!"

So the Cracks for short.... yeah, it could work.

Reactions: EightyOne

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
You are a Trooper, man.... You'll find a way to make it work.

May I offer you a way out?

Is your name Doug?

Doug-4-Multiplicity.gif

Just let us talk to #4 sometimes. Okay....Steve.

I'm lucky that I can work from home Monday's and I have a study day at the moment on Mondays, although there aren't many Sunday late games thankfully.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Bailed and ate pavement when taking out the trash. God dammit!!!

I’m ok aside from taking a huge chunk out of my kneecap and bruising the **** out of my left wrist since I landed on it.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bailed and ate pavement when taking out the trash. God dammit!!!

I’m ok aside from taking a huge chunk out of my kneecap and bruising the **** out of my left wrist since I landed on it.
I'm still getting over rolling my ankle just stepping off of my porch a few weeks ago :cry: It was actually the night we beat the Avs with the Horny hat trick. I remember because I was leaving to get in my uber. It drove right by my house and I had to limp along after it

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I'm still getting over rolling my ankle just stepping off of my porch a few weeks ago :cry: It was actually the night we beat the Avs with the Horny hat trick. I remember because I was leaving to get in my uber. It drove right by my house and I had to limp along after it

Is it wrong that I’m imagining you limping along after this Uber and yelling at it and giggling about that??

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I Feel ya, Metal and Ogre.

I got cut from trying to get duct work off the shelf. It cut me to the bone above the knuckle. Talk about a pain in the ass keeping that finger straight until it healed in a soft splint for over a week trying to work. I was lucky though, no permanent damage and all they did was glue it shut since I kept it closed until I got there and stayed together enough to not use stitches. The wrinkles should hide the scar.

I've done my left ankle 4 times, Ogre... and Metalhead, we've all bailed at one point. I feel ya both.

Getting old means I wince when my kids jump off stuff.

Hope you both recover quickly...

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I Feel ya, Metal and Ogre.

I got cut from trying to get duct work off the shelf. It cut me to the bone above the knuckle. Talk about a pain in the ass keeping that finger straight until it healed in a soft splint for over a week trying to work. I was lucky though, no permanent damage and all they did was glue it shut since I kept it closed until I got there and stayed together enough to not use stitches. The wrinkles should hide the scar.

I've done my left ankle 4 times, Ogre... and Metalhead, we've all bailed at one point. I feel ya both.

Getting old means I wince when my kids jump off stuff.

Hope you both recover quickly...
Ouch, that sucks.

Both of my ankles are bad. I wear two lace up beaches when I do any sort of sport. I should honestly wear at least a compression brace almost 100% of the time. That or I should go see a doctor. Back in high school a doctor recommended surgery on one of them but the second opinion said I'd be fine if I'm not going to be playing competitive sports. I went with no surgery and now it's still f***ed up 15 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad