OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Cole, my man, try living through the 70's/80's.

I don't know if your head could even handle the 60's/50's and so on, when you get in your time machine.

From the invention of the TV to color TV to Color TV - WITH REMOTE to watching TV on your Tablet/Phone is all in less then a 100 years...

Now imagine life before that....for thousands of years.:laugh:
@ColePens is all about that Baroque fashion. Man leggings and heavily patterned poncho quilts and blazers? Yes sir.

This would be Cole's out with the boys outfit.

deluxe-men-s-baroque-bartoli-18th-century-costume-5.jpg

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ouch, that sucks.

Both of my ankles are bad. I wear two lace up beaches when I do any sort of sport. I should honestly wear at least a compression brace almost 100% of the time. That or I should go see a doctor. Back in high school a doctor recommended surgery on one of them but the second opinion said I'd be fine if I'm not going to be playing competitive sports. I went with no surgery and now it's still ****ed up 15 years later.

Bummer, try compression socks all the time, your feet will feel refreshed. I don't know why but they do for me.

I can honestly say I giggled a little at yours because, I had some messed up **** happen to me as well. Had it been on film it would have been America's Funniest Video worthy. Only that one, where I had a ladder up on a porch roof to take a quick peek at a roof I was going to do that day.

The ladder slipped out, I landed on top of the porch roof still in position I was in and the ladder and lower portion of my body were sticking over the porch roof causing the ladder and me tip over the roof, putting me straight up and down on the ladder about 10'/12' up in the air. All I could do at that point was do a leap of faith backwards and hope for the best. I landed on my feet going backwards and that cause me to compress into the fetal position on my feet. It had rained so the ground was very soft. Buried my feet at least an inch into the ground. I wondered why my shins hurt so bad, and I thought it was because of that last part, but when I lifted up my pant legs I had bad scrapes up both shins from the ladder.

If only someone got that one on film.:laugh:

I can laugh now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ogrezilla

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Ouch, that sucks.

Both of my ankles are bad. I wear two lace up beaches when I do any sort of sport. I should honestly wear at least a compression brace almost 100% of the time. That or I should go see a doctor. Back in high school a doctor recommended surgery on one of them but the second opinion said I'd be fine if I'm not going to be playing competitive sports. I went with no surgery and now it's still ****ed up 15 years later.

I complain about my right ankle but it’s not this shit. I’d see a doctor if I were you.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I complain about my right ankle but it’s not this ****. I’d see a doctor if I were you.
you have to remember that if you were me you'd be super lazy :laugh:

but yeah, I really should. At the very least I think physical therapy could help strengthen it.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

but yeah, I really should. At the very least I think physical therapy could help strengthen it.

I badly sprained my ankle multiple times when I was younger. It plays up sometimes but I don’t think I ever got it checked.

4 times in the exact same spot. At my aunts backyard, taking a basketball jump shot and landing where the concrete meets the grass. It forced me into backyard basketball retirement. I could have been the best :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I badly sprained my ankle multiple times when I was younger. It plays up sometimes but I don’t think I ever got it checked.

4 times in the exact same spot. At my aunts backyard, taking a basketball jump shot and landing where the concrete meets the grass. It forced me into backyard basketball retirement. I could have been the best :laugh:
Mine started with soccer. Three times in one summer. Finally went to the doctor after that. I wore a brace for a while and was fine. Then when I hadn't hurt it in a while I stopped wearing the brace. Hurt it again. Then I repeated that cycle for about 3 years playing soccer and ultimate frisbee before I decided to go with braces full-time for sports. But that's apparently still not enough :laugh: :cry:

The worst part? The absolute worst it got hurt was at a coaches pick up game after our rec league games ended. I got slide tackled from behind by a priest. As dirty as a play can get in soccer, in a pick up game, by a priest.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

You’re talking to someone who’s trying to figure out if they could use a smart plug to start the kettle from bed or the couch. I’m 99% sure I can.

Probably. Tbf, maybe I should ask questions about my ankle as well. It doesn’t hurt and being active isn’t a problem, it’s just the weaker ankle from an injury from way back when. I rolled my left ankle last winter (f*** winter) and it was fine but I don’t think the right one would have been.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You’re talking to someone who’s trying to figure out if they could use a smart plug to start the kettle from bed or the couch. I’m 99% sure I can.

Probably. Tbf, maybe I should ask questions about my ankle as well. It doesn’t hurt and being active isn’t a problem, it’s just the weaker ankle from an injury from way back when. I rolled my left ankle last winter (**** winter) and it was fine but I don’t think the right one would have been.
yeah mine don't really hurt anymore, but they are both weaker than ankles are supposed to be. And they are stiff most mornings. And the one has been a bit puffy for 15 years. Scar tissue I think. So yeah, I'm a mess.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Mine started with soccer. Three times in one summer. Finally went to the doctor after that. I wore a brace for a while and was fine. Then when I hadn't hurt it in a while I stopped wearing the brace. Hurt it again. Then I repeated that cycle for about 3 years playing soccer and ultimate frisbee before I decided to go with braces full-time for sports. But that's apparently still not enough :laugh: :cry:

The worst part? The absolute worst it got hurt was at a coaches pick up game after our rec league games ended. I got slide tackled from behind by a priest. As dirty as a play can get in soccer, in a pick up game, by a priest.

Actually I lied or more didn’t remember but it just clicked. I did go to a podiatrist because after it healed sometimes I couldn’t walk without pain. Got some custom orthotics and it was better after that. Eventually they broke after a few years and I didn’t replace them. I lost a bunch of weight after that too which obviously helps

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
yeah mine don't really hurt anymore, but they are both weaker than ankles are supposed to be. And they are stiff most mornings. And the one has been a bit puffy for 15 years. Scar tissue I think. So yeah, I'm a mess.

Yeahhhhh. Maybe a doctor.

I’ve convinced myself the bad ankle makes noises the good one doesn’t. This is how I go into 2019. Googling ankle noises and convincing myself it’s the cartilage.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Wow, tinder works fast. Already got 2 numbers and a meetup soon since I got it on Saturday. Too bad she lives all the way in Sidney BC. Never done this before, hangout from an app or dating site, rather just see them in person and hangout.

All the way? It’s a 20 min drive when there is no traffic. Or tell her to come to Victoria.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tinder is a horrible app, but I always find apps like it and bumble re-installed on my phone after a night of heavy drinking :laugh:

I can't complain much tho, I would have gone on 2 dates in college without it and I have a date in early January because of it.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I prefer my single life, don't care about relationships but I am mostly just looking for friendships. By that I mean people to hang out with 1-2 times a month and text or call.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's 9PM December 31 2018 here.

How does the future look? asking for a friend *shifty eyes*

I'm gonna pretend I moved out to Portland like I wanted to, so I'm on the same time window as you. Which means I'm still in 2018, so I can have another brewski or 2 :laugh:

For real though, I loved Portland whenever I visited it. Beautiful city.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'm gonna pretend I moved out to Portland like I wanted to, so I'm on the same time window as you. Which means I'm still in 2018, so I can have another brewski or 2 :laugh:

For real though, I loved Portland whenever I visited it. Beautiful city.
Where you living right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad