OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm quite bad. I remember the days of Melee when I was pretty decent with Falco.

I guess Ike is my main in this version? Even though I don't like him that much.
If you play enough you end up ranked pretty well with each character from what I've seen. So with that in mind I'd just play who you want and after a few games you should be playing pretty even competition. I have more games played with DK than anyone else but he's nowhere near my highest rank. But I still have a positive win rate with him because of who it matches me with.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh and if you haven't read it yet..."I Hate Fairyland" is some of the funniest shit for comics, it's not Marvel or DC, it's Image comics.

I am going through a 2nd read through of the entire series, I forgot how good it really is.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I like explanations.

Why was Venom PG13 instead of Rated R? Because they explained that it's easier to bring up Spiderman to PG13 than it is to lower Venom from Rated R to G/PG to make it work in that universe. IN that same vein, a lot of people are afraid of Deadpool being ruined when it's absorbed back to Marvel/Disney because to bring down an R rated character to PG13 would pretty much ruin it altogether.

How?

If you were one of the idiots that saw the Deadpool 2 in PG13 that was just released, you'll see why it just does not work well backwards like that. Disney is ****ing evil and I despise how they ruin ****, but idiots flock to see their trash so they keep making sequels of ****.
I really don't have an issue with a movie being PG 13. I mean deadpool wouldn't work really, but I think Venom could. But not when you tell the director he is making an R movie and then edit it down to PG13.

Also, Disney doesn't make much trash imo. They may keep things from being as good as they could be, but they still make good stuff.

Reactions: Brandinho

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
OH...

Right, android and apple tablets.

So my Android tablet (I have 2 sizes) are fantastic for my comic books, easier to load on, but I also read a lot of books on my ipad pro and the comics are easily readable through dropbox as well. It's a hell of a lot easier to whip out a tablet on a trip to read a book/comic than it is to lug out my laptop.

Which Ipad did you get?

I got the 2018 regular iPad 9.7 inch. I didn’t need a pro for what I’ll use it for.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Happy! is a good show from SyFy. Dark comedy about a former detective and his daughter's imaginary friend trying to rescue the daughter after she's kidnapped by a psychotic mall Santa. I think it's based off a comic but not entirely sure.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Tablets were "cool" but absolutely pointless. Cell phones can do everything a tablet can do and more. And tablets are nowhere as good as laptops.

I had a Surface but don't use it now. Got a new laptop this month. Decent just not sure on battery life

Reactions: ColePens

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Tablets are great if you travel a lot. Bigger screen for watching shows or movies and you don't drain your phone's battery.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
(Sarcastic post coming)

I would just imagine all of you tablet users are at least age 50 or older. But for real, technology has been quite disappointing the last 5-10 years. Bluetooth should be MUCH further along and connectivity issues are everywhere. Stuff like Alexa and voice command is pretty poor. They are all interesting, but very poor in terms of versatility, in my opinion.

Even the new phones that come out. It's pretty poor. The updates are so small and the price goes up and up.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
(Sarcastic post coming)

I would just imagine all of you tablet users are at least age 50 or older. But for real, technology has been quite disappointing the last 5-10 years. Bluetooth should be MUCH further along and connectivity issues are everywhere. Stuff like Alexa and voice command is pretty poor. They are all interesting, but very poor in terms of versatility, in my opinion.

Even the new phones that come out. It's pretty poor. The updates are so small and the price goes up and up.
There's only so much bandwidth, Cole.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Happy! is a good show from SyFy. Dark comedy about a former detective and his daughter's imaginary friend trying to rescue the daughter after she's kidnapped by a psychotic mall Santa. I think it's based off a comic but not entirely sure.
It is based off of a comic book, I waited for that show to air and watched the crap out of it and then when it popped up on netflix, re-read the comics again and binge watched it again.

It's a fantastic show. Glad they gave it a 2nd season.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
(Sarcastic post coming)

I am not 50yr old man, god damn it. I am the same age as Ryan Reynolds. I just refuse to say it out loud.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I am not 50yr old man, god damn it. I am the same age as Ryan Reynolds. I just refuse to say it out loud.

Casually pulls up wikipedia page....

...oh haha HoG is pretty funny...la la la...i bet Ryan Reynolds is probably pretty young...

lala

la

*eyes scan over age*

giphy.webp

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
hahahahahahahahahahahah

Hey....

it's okay...

you have an enviable library in a custom home, man.

:yo:

When I turned 40 a couple of years ago, my gf was like "Now you're old enough for women with Daddy issues."

I probably feel better at my age right now than I ever did in my 20's, oddly enough. So hey, I got that going for me. But for real, I like my tablets, sometimes I just like to read a bunch of books and not dig into my library to find them or maybe I just don't want that book to sully the library I am building, keep the trashy stuff in my tablet, keep the more impressive shit on the shelves, lol.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Ah, hide all your Nora Roberts novels on the tablet....

The screen size and the way apps work on tablets sometimes are 100% better than on an actual phone.

Eating right and working out does a lot for you. Not sure about staying up till 2am every night ahhahaha but other than that you seem to have it under control.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
So I've been really active the past 2 months, doing sports almost every day even on bad days, moving into my own apartment next month and all this stuff. Feels like I am doing a lot of stuff right and like I am moving into the right direction. It's so exhausting though, I barely have time to completely f*** up my sleep schedule to watch hockey and browse hf boards all night long :D

Any big stuff I did miss? :naughty:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So I've been really active the past 2 months, doing sports almost every day even on bad days, moving into my own apartment next month and all this stuff. Feels like I am doing a lot of stuff right and like I am moving into the right direction. It's so exhausting though, I barely have time to completely **** up my sleep schedule to watch hockey and browse hf boards all night long :D

Any big stuff I did miss? :naughty:

Don’t **** with your sleep too much it’s really important for your health.

Murray has returned to form big time and the team after our disaster run stopped the bleeding and really cut those goals against right down.

The bottom 6 started chipping in for goals, Rust got back in form but we still rely too much on Sid and his line.

We are winning and in a good position in the standings so we have time to make the right deals.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
UK is thinking of having permanent summer time. Means USA would be +6 from October to March.

Kill me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad