OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Which really can be said of any large cities. Like NYC would be AMAZING if you had the resources to own one of those old school brownstones and made 7+ figures a year. :laugh:

Yeah, and I don't think SD is quite NYC level expensive either. I was just browsing some cost of living estimates for various cities, where 100 is average for the US, and SD is only at 160 (compared to like 190 for NYC and 260 for SF). Although this website lists Pittsburgh at only 87.5 and cheaper than the rest of PA, so I'm not sure how accurate this really is. Pittsburgh is definitely cheap overall, but to that level? I guess it depends where in the city you live.

Man, it's crazy how expensive San Fransisco is, though. Like I would have guessed it was the most expensive US city, but nothing else even comes close to it. San Jose breaks 200, NYC is about 190 and LA, Honolulu, Seattle and Oakland are about 175, but no one even comes close to the 260 for SF. I guess you can argue that NYC's number is deflated based on the really poor areas, and the expensive areas are just as expensive (if not more) than SF.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Yeah, and I don't think SD is quite NYC level expensive either. I was just browsing some cost of living estimates for various cities, where 100 is average for the US, and SD is only at 160 (compared to like 190 for NYC and 260 for SF). Although this website lists Pittsburgh at only 87.5 and cheaper than the rest of PA, so I'm not sure how accurate this really is. Pittsburgh is definitely cheap overall, but to that level? I guess it depends where in the city you live.

Man, it's crazy how expensive San Fransisco is, though. Like I would have guessed it was the most expensive US city, but nothing else even comes close to it. San Jose breaks 200, NYC is about 190 and LA, Honolulu, Seattle and Oakland are about 175, but no one even comes close to the 260 for SF. I guess you can argue that NYC's number is deflated based on the really poor areas, and the expensive areas are just as expensive (if not more) than SF.

yeah, it’s expensive in SF but that website can’t be accounting for the post pandemic world...people are leaving cities including SF in droves...it has really reduced the rents here and there’s a glut of condos on the market too, reducing sales costs too...it’s a buyers market...there’s two homes for sale already on my block...since I’m a homeowner, that really sucks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
yeah, it’s expensive in SF but that website can’t be accounting for the post pandemic world...people are leaving cities including SF in droves...it has really reduced the rents here and there’s a glut of condos on the market too, reducing sales costs too...it’s a buyers market...there’s two homes for sale already on my block...since I’m a homeowner, that really sucks

I just looked in SF, I was going to say "oh you're right, there are some reasonably priced apartments here" and then I looked deeper. It's like $1000 for a glorified closet :laugh:

You can't get actual 1 bedroom apartments for $1300, you can get 1 bedroom in a house for that price. It's basically a college dorm.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just looked in SF, I was going to say "oh you're right, there are some reasonably priced apartments here" and then I looked deeper. It's like $1000 for a glorified closet :laugh:

You can't get actual 1 bedroom apartments for $1300, you can get 1 bedroom in a house for that price. It's basically a college dorm.

I didn’t say they still weren’t expensive lol...just that they’re coming down...expect to spend at least $2,500 a month for a decent one bedroom...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I didn’t say they still weren’t expensive lol...just that they’re coming down...expect to spend at least $2,500 a month for a decent one bedroom...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Andy99

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

I'd struggle to qualify my place as decent, but I have little doubt my landlord could squeeze an extra $800 out of someone if he wanted to. Despite feeling like I'm getting absolutely ripped-off rent-wise, technically speaking I'm getting an absurd deal and that's insanity. The crap-ass closet I spent my first 5 years in LA in costs nearly $50 less than I'm paying now, so...yeah.

Endless rent crisis f***ing suck. Especially when the only large-scale housing that ever gets built are goddamned luxury condominiums.

At least San Diego isn't as bad as LA. SF has that whole surrounded by water on 3 sides thing driving the costs there insane with or without Silicon Valley pricks gentrifying everything into a tasteless mush.

A f***ing masterpiece of a day outside in Pittsburgh. Light wind. Beautiful sun. WOW. Amazing shit.

Every goddamned day in San Diego. Just sayin'.

I will murder the f***ing Sun if it looks at me one more damn time.

*looks at forecast*

tenor.gif

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
My Aunt lost her cat last week to FiP, happened over a week from first noticing the symptoms to Freya being lost :( She was only 5 :(

I feel like I've heard of FiP? That sucks too :(

For me, I never had a childhood pet. I had fish but it's not a "pet" in the same way so this was kind've like my first companion. If he was older like 13/14 then I would have understood more as the average age is around 15. Just weird him not being there.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I pay 1350 for a two bedroom in Golden Hill @Empoleon8771. I know you said your job would likely be at General Atomics so that’s a decent commute, but traffic has disappear since COVID happened.

That's not bad at all. I asked the SD subreddit and they called Santee "Klantee" and advised I look elsewhere :laugh:

My main one right now is Vista, because I got good word on Vista from a friend of a friend who lives in Carlsbad.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Welp... I knew it was stupid but I just had to chop hot peppers for salsa today bare-handed. I ran outta gloves and didn't feel like going out to get more. Classic blunder!

Figured how bad could it be?

It's bad, ya'll. You ever stuck your hand in a full-on bonfire and just kinda... left it there? No? Well then you aren't as stupid as me because that's what this shit feels like. I'm seriously not entirely sure how I'm gonna get to bed, tonight. If anything it seems to be building in intensity.

Figuring out ways to go to the bathroom without uh... touching anything... has been quite the adventure all day.

Oh no :confused: I did something similar many moons ago, but dried peppers were the culprit. I had been giving them to the parrot as a treat and rubbed my eyes before I got around to washing my hands and briefly thought I was going blind, ran around the house in an absolute terror until my parents figured it out.

So many eyedrops were used that day, though I'm not sure that helps your situation. Good luck!

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, the knock against SD (and pretty much all of the major California cities) is that they're dummy expensive. Is it worth it? Depends on what you want from a city.
Brother lives there and for him it's a good place for his kids, definitely not a cheap place but a nice place to raise a family.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Meh. Santee is fine.

Vista is suburbia but there is some cool stuff.

Yeah, I got the vibes that the Santee talk was mostly "liberal redditors saying any Republican is a racist" thing. Santee seemed fine from the people who actually lived there.

Currently, Vista is my #1, Santee is probably #2 and Escondido is #3. I'm hoping I can find something in one of those three so I don't need a #4 :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Jesus that Justice League movie...it's clear how much Whedon ruined the shit out of it. So excited to see that. And the suicide squad featurette...oh boy.

Then there's the flash news and the Batmen.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah, I got the vibes that the Santee talk was mostly "liberal redditors saying any Republican is a racist" thing. Santee seemed fine from the people who actually lived there.

Currently, Vista is my #1, Santee is probably #2 and Escondido is #3. I'm hoping I can find something in one of those three so I don't need a #4 :laugh:

If you’re single I’d suggest living in North Park, Normal Heights or one of the beach areas tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad