OT: Cole & Honour's House of Fashion: Please take your loafers off at the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you’re single I’d suggest living in North Park, Normal Heights or one of the beach areas tbh.

I think I keep moving further and further towards this direction. I expanded my budget to $1600 a month and was able to find a lot of stuff in Oceanside. It's about a half hour drive from where the GA site is located, but god damn, I'll take that drive if I'm living less than a mile from a beach :laugh:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think I keep moving further and further towards this direction. I expanded my budget to $1600 a month and was able to find a lot of stuff in Oceanside. It's about a half hour drive from where the GA site is located, but god damn, I'll take that drive if I'm living less than a mile from a beach :laugh:

I think you could easily find a nice place in Encinitas for 1600 and if you’re in the Poway location commute would probably be 15 minutes to 20 without traffic.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think you could easily find a nice place in Encinitas for 1600 and if you’re in the Poway location commute would probably be 15 minutes to 20 without traffic.

It's actually even closer than that, all 3 jobs that I applied to were at the location in Black Mountain Ranch. But negative on Encinitas, the only sub-$1600 apartment there was a senior community. I start getting some hits in the high $1700s and low $1800s, but I'd sooner just go to Oceanside and pay $1550 or so instead.

For reference, the one that caught my eye was this one:

Casa Vista Apartments Apartments - Oceanside, CA | Apartments.com

27 minute drive to GA EMS, 3 mike bike/drive to the coast and right next to a country club. I'd have to buy an AC unit because it doesn't look like the place comes with them, but that's whatever.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's actually even closer than that, all 3 jobs that I applied to were at the location in Black Mountain Ranch. But negative on Encinitas, the only sub-$1600 apartment there was a senior community. I start getting some hits in the high $1700s and low $1800s, but I'd sooner just go to Oceanside and pay $1550 or so instead.

For reference, the one that caught my eye was this one:

Casa Vista Apartments Apartments - Oceanside, CA | Apartments.com

27 minute drive to GA EMS, 3 mike bike/drive to the coast and right next to a country club. I'd have to buy an AC unit because it doesn't look like the place comes with them, but that's whatever.

Many people don’t use AC out here. Hot for like two or three weeks max.

Just pay mind to the fact you’d be on the busiest freeways living there so that 27 minute drive is probably in reality an hour and a half commute.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Dude I am not sure $2500 gets you a decent one bedroom in say, the Tri-Valley
My brother and his family live in North City aka Carmel City aka whatever the hell else people call it down in San Diego. Nice area, a lot of douches. I can't live in California, I am not a fan of hot weather for most of the year.

Reactions: LOGiK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Glad they are finally doing a gritty dark version of Batman.

Rolls eyes. Also ruined that Nirvana song.

They should just adapt Dark Knight Returns.
You want a slapstick Batman? Go watch Val Batnipples.

Sorry no fat jokes and random sarcasm.
just let the man be a detective for a change. Don't gloss over that part with fancy tech in between the real scenes of the movie.

Suicide Squad is what I'm most interested in. I love Gunn.

I will probably watch the Snyder cut of JL, but I expect it will still suck. Just in different ways most likely.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
just let the man be a detective for a change. Don't gloss over that part with fancy tech in between the real scenes of the movie.

Suicide Squad is what I'm most interested in. I love Gunn.

I will probably watch the Snyder cut of JL, but I expect it will still suck. Just in different ways most likely.
We've literally only seen a glimpse of The Batman and it looks like they will focus on his more detective side as he has to find out who it is that keeps coming at him.

I mean I would obviously want more Bruce Wayne stuff and that side more, but who knows what we will see.

I am liking the JL ZS Cut and Suicide Squad's trailer. Also the odd "teaser" of the Black Adam movie.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Fit perfectly fine to me, sod off.

Let me be happy DC isn't shitting the bed for once.

Decent preview until the 1:40 minute mark... then I was laughing.. with all those fake punch sound effects added you may as well add the, WHAM, POW, CRRRRRACK, SMASH, effects of the adam west batman.

iu

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Decent preview until the 1:40 minute mark... then I was laughing.. with all those fake punch sound effects added you may as well add the, WHAM, POW, CRRRRRACK, SMASH, effects of the adam west batman.

iu
Mate it's all movies that still use that sound.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Psst... @Ogrezilla @pixiesfanyo

Matt Reeves reveals the comic book inspiration behind The Batman, and it isn't Frank Miller's Year One. With The Batman, Robert Pattinson becomes the latest actor to play Bruce Wayne in live-action form, and it promises to be unlike any other Batman movie that came before. While it won't be an origin story, The Batman will be set during Bruce's second year as Gotham's famed vigilante. Reeves has said the film will delve into Gotham's corruption, as well as Batman's role as a detective. So far, though, specific plot details have been kept under wraps.
The Batman Comic Book Reference Revealed By Matt Reeves (And It’s Not Year One)

tenor.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Noir Batman, like a live action Batman the Animated Series, sounds really good and way better than most of the DC stuff bandied about as of late.
As of late, DC has been getting a lot more right, than they have gotten wrong.

Up until that Justice League by Whedon dropped, DC was just a mess, the BvS movie was rushed and just forced that interaction way too soon imo and it robbed us of more Batfleck. What SHOULD have happened was...

Man of Steel
Batman
Man of Steel 2 (end of that movie, you have Batman pissed off, Doomsday looms etc)
Batman Vs Superman
Wonder Woman
Justice League Movie Part 1
Aquaman
Shazam
Justice League Movie Part 2

Instead we got

Man of Steel
Batman Vs Superman
Justice League

They swung for the fences super hard without pacing themselves and now they are doing the Multiverse with the Flash movie and are getting the right people into that one, Keaton, Affleck, etc have signed on to be Batman, Batfleck being the Earth 1 Batman.

But Gotham PD show on HBO Max is exploring the GCPD corruption in Batman Year 1.
Doom Patrol Season 2 was f***ing awesome mate.
Titans was still a mess, but it has so much potential to be fixed with the right people behind it.
Whedon, Johns and those assholes are getting investigated finally and I hope Johns is finally out and pisses off.
The WW84, Suicide Squad, and The Batman trailers all looked great.
Black Adam had a teaser to tell some backstory...
Shazam getting the 2nd movie title, let the speculation begin.
Snyder Cut of Justice League is more than we all hoped for and now know how much Whedon butchered that movie.

Now if they can bring back Swamp Thing to Hbo Max...we'll be kosher, mate.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just saw the trailer - loved it. Dark works. I love it.
Imagine if all of the Comic book movies were sarcastic and like the Marvel ones, it'd get boring really quickly. It's why different is fine, DC was more clownish in the past and then suddenly got serious, Marvel kind of goes back and forth a lot. But there's room to have the goofiness of Shazam in the world of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. I mean, even Barry is an ass and you throw in Green Lantern, you have that mix.

DC's biggest issues is assholes running the show, those assholes have been since fired or let go and smarter people have taken over, unfortunately wasting the talents of Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot in 2 major movies.

If people can sit and enjoy the movies Marvel makes, they should be able to sit and enjoy the movies DC makes knowing they are different, same topic, different approach, not sure why people hate that so much.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Imagine if all of the Comic book movies were sarcastic and like the Marvel ones, it'd get boring really quickly. It's why different is fine, DC was more clownish in the past and then suddenly got serious, Marvel kind of goes back and forth a lot. But there's room to have the goofiness of Shazam in the world of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman. I mean, even Barry is an ass and you throw in Green Lantern, you have that mix.

DC's biggest issues is assholes running the show, those assholes have been since fired or let go and smarter people have taken over, unfortunately wasting the talents of Cavill, Affleck, and Gadot in 2 major movies.

If people can sit and enjoy the movies Marvel makes, they should be able to sit and enjoy the movies DC makes knowing they are different, same topic, different approach, not sure why people hate that so much.

I have to be honest, I cannot stand when every movie is "end of the world" style. It's the main reason Suicide Squad SUUUUUCKED. The animated version was so much better. Not every movie can be end of the world. The Dark Knight (2nd) legit is a city under basic terrorism mixed with great acting. THAT is what made it iconic. It felt like it could happen and it was fantasy. It was so good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have to be honest, I cannot stand when every movie is "end of the world" style. It's the main reason Suicide Squad SUUUUUCKED. The animated version was so much better. Not every movie can be end of the world. The Dark Knight (2nd) legit is a city under basic terrorism mixed with great acting. THAT is what made it iconic. It felt like it could happen and it was fantasy. It was so good.
It's because an idiot made the first Suicide Squad, THAT was never what Suicide Squad was ever about. They were misfits being told the job they were doing was to reduce their sentence and if they didn't, their heads would blow up, those missions were random and at the bidding of Waller. They were basically the crew you sent in and didn't care if none of them came back, but that weird final bad guy in Ayer's movie, the whole thing is just such a mess. Even his movie Bright is garbage. He's living off of his Training Day hype, still.

That tosser Ayer made Suicide Squad a mess, made the worst Joker imaginable, then whined that his movie was edited (like would any footage make that gongshow better?).

James Gunn was always the right guy for it, seeing what he's done with a band of misfits for Marvel, I have faith in him showing that the true fun of Suicide Squad is their interactions with each other and that they get in the way of their own idiocy and somehow get the job done in the end, whatever it is, which usually has them wondering if they're actually being used for good or bad.

Also, the Justice League movie vs Darkseid was about Darkseid and his usual shtick, but Whedon turned it into something else, hell even Steppenwolf looks awesome in the Snyder cut.

Zack-Snyder-Justice-League-Steppenwolf-Header.jpg

It's not much different than...

Red Skull wanting to kill everyone.
Thanos killing half the world.
Loki trying to rule the world, then become a good guy, because...why not.
Ultron killing humans left and right.
A waste of Mandarin to make Killian a bloke that wanted to take over the world

Etc...
Etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad