Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My gf - "Babe I think I do want a wedding with people, I don't want to elope."
15mins later
Also my gf - "I don't want to work out and lose 10lbs for a dress."

She's been doing this basically every other day. There is no right thing I can say to this woman. Then it's "it's not fair, how come you get in shape way faster than me?" And my answer is always wrong "because I put in work, you lazy ass."

Some people...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I could rant about jogging for hours. What is better than an ineffective workout that also puts a lot of strain on your hips and knees?

If you love jogging and get "runner's high", do it. If you hate jogging - NEVER do it. Go for a walk and do something you love (swim, yoga, lifting, sports, jump rope, hiit, crossfit, gymnastics, mma, anything)

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I get you Cole, but she doesn't like working out at ALL because she's worried about putting on muscle. (Which is the weirdest Taiwanese cultural blindspot for me). :laugh:

But I'm coming to enjoy roadwork more and more since being quarantined. It's nice to be able to go run in the park and get out but not have to see people.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I get you Cole, but she doesn't like working out at ALL because she's worried about putting on muscle. (Which is the weirdest Taiwanese cultural blindspot for me). :laugh:

But I'm coming to enjoy roadwork more and more since being quarantined. It's nice to be able to go run in the park and get out but not have to see people.

Oh dude! The biggest workout lie of all time. "I CAN'T BULK UP!" but everyone wants the athletic look. Which is actually tremendous lean muscle.

That would get me to argue 24/7. :laugh:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
f*** me. My parents are like children. My dad calls me and is like "Mate I won a free iPhone I just need to put in my credit info on this website.."

Me -"For f***s sake Dad, give the phone to Mom. Mom, take the laptop away from Dad and close that window and tell him to never put his credit card info in any website before calling one of us."

Willingly giving out his f***ing info like that? Jesus Christ. If he wants a f***ing IPhone I'd buy him one, which is funny because he literally has the newest one already so I don't get why the f*** he would think he needed one and they NEVER give away free iPhones. Ever.

I should put them in a care home.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Same HoG. Yesterday-- "Babe, OMG I gained 3 kg! Working from home sucks!" "You look fine, but if you want, you can come work out with me? Let's go for a little jog, or maybe just walk to work?" "WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAAAAAT?"
Hahaha I can relate to that so much. She wants to drop down and mind you she looks fine, the extra weight went to all the right areas, but the moment I suggest working out with me she scoffs at the notion and is like "You're too intense and mean."

I'm not.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah I got one of those stupid Peloton bikes and she used it for a month and now it just sits there and I hate riding stationary bikes so I begrudgingly use it because now I own this bloody thing and she wanted it and says it's too intimidating. Then she yells at me in Vietnamese.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's barely 5pm and I'm exhausted. Family and Gf taking all of my patience today. I want someone to just pour a bottle of gin straight into my mouth.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
f*** me. My parents are like children. My dad calls me and is like "Mate I won a free iPhone I just need to put in my credit info on this website.."

Me -"For f***s sake Dad, give the phone to Mom. Mom, take the laptop away from Dad and close that window and tell him to never put his credit card info in any website before calling one of us."

Willingly giving out his f***ing info like that? Jesus Christ. If he wants a f***ing IPhone I'd buy him one, which is funny because he literally has the newest one already so I don't get why the f*** he would think he needed one and they NEVER give away free iPhones. Ever.

I should put them in a care home.

Same thing with my dad and a $500 costco gift card. Goodness my lord.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
"You're too intense and mean."

I'm not.

tenor.gif

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Yeah I got one of those stupid Peloton bikes and she used it for a month and now it just sits there and I hate riding stationary bikes so I begrudgingly use it because now I own this bloody thing and she wanted it and says it's too intimidating. Then she yells at me in Vietnamese.
Tempted by these bikes but there are a few to pick from and knowing me, I'll buy the wrong one.

Ship to me if you don't want it, I'll pay you in insults and gin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Tempted by these bikes but there are a few to pick from and knowing me, I'll buy the wrong one.

Ship to me if you don't want it, I'll pay you in insults and gin
It's that Bike+ thing that swivels the screen. It's not bad for the programs it has for workouts with bands and what not. She uses that part. But won't sit on the bike. So I ride the bike and have some bloke yelling at me while I watch Netflix on my tablet.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I am so glad to hear from you man. I was worried. How the pups? @KIRK has puppy updates. Good to see the fam back.

I’d just changed my email on here then got real busy at work then forgot the email. Then Mum got COVID which had me freaking out. Bad for a week but she’s good now. Pugs are good. The one with chronic kidney disease was in hospital but all good now. Had an E.coli infection that lasted 3 months in his kidneys but didn’t leave any permanent damage.

Hope all is well with you.

@KIRK whats the puppy news?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I’d just changed my email on here then got real busy at work then forgot the email. Then Mum got COVID which had me freaking out. Bad for a week but she’s good now. Pugs are good. The one with chronic kidney disease was in hospital but all good now. Had an E.coli infection that lasted 3 months in his kidneys but didn’t leave any permanent damage.

Older pup Madison (the one who moved to Australia with us) was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. It was b-cell with a concurrent t-zone.

I'm sure you're familiar with what b-cell means for dogs, in terms of timelines based upon treatment method picked. The t-zone is considered an indolent lymphoma for which there isn't a treatment but with which dogs live for years (as the oncologist and vet both said, it's almost assuredly not the thing that's going to catch up with her).

Anyway, we decided to proceed with what's called the CHOP chemo protocol (it's 4 cycles of vincristine, cytoxin, vincristine, doxorubicin over what's been about a 5 month period). The CHOP protocol originated at the University of Wisconsin, and we got really lucky in that our oncologist's role before coming to the pet surgical hospital was as head of the oncology department at Wisconsin's animal school.

Median remission time for this protocol is around a year or so.

Madison was diagnosed to be in remission in June, and that was confirmed by a flow cytometry in the end of July.

Then, about a month ago, Madison started having an issue where she was randomly losing control of her sphincter muscle and making small discharges.

Thank god I have OCD when Madison shows 'signs' of something wrong, because the oncologist took a look and noticed a nodule on her anal gland.

Fortunately, x-rays and ultrasound showed that it has NOT metastisized. There were some tiny numbs showing on her spleen, but they were not seen as an issue or being out of the ordinary for a dog Madison's age and will be monitored by very periodic ultrasound moving forward.

It turns out the nodule on her anal gland is 0.50cm, and recent studies have shown that where a nodule is less than 3.00cm and there has been no spread, average life expectancy is 3 or so years.

Long story short, her last chemo treatment is on her 11th birthday of October 8 (assuming weekly bloodwork shows white cell count is good for the last two weekly treatments), and the surgery to remove the nodule on her anal gland will come around two weeks later if conditions permit.

Then we go from there.

BUT . . . right now, Madison is going great. Probably the best she's been doing in 6 months or so. Her spirits are through the roof. She's literally picking fights with our Frenchie, grabbing her toys and waving them in her face to get her to play. It's so cute. :D

(we are debating adding immunotherapy after all of this, starting in mid November . . . it's still sort of experimental with dogs, but initial studies have shown that adding immunotherapy to CHOP adds to a dogs life expectancy)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Glad to hear your mom is better, by the way. Similar situation for me with my brother.

Also glad to hear your kiddos are good.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Older pup Madison (the one who moved to Australia with us) was diagnosed with lymphoma in May. It was b-cell with a concurrent t-zone.

I'm sure you're familiar with what b-cell means for dogs, in terms of timelines based upon treatment method picked. The t-zone is considered an indolent lymphoma for which there isn't a treatment but with which dogs live for years (as the oncologist and vet both said, it's almost assuredly not the thing that's going to catch up with her).

Anyway, we decided to proceed with what's called the CHOP chemo protocol (it's 4 cycles of vincristine, cytoxin, vincristine, doxorubicin over what's been about a 5 month period). The CHOP protocol originated at the University of Wisconsin, and we got really lucky in that our oncologist's role before coming to the pet surgical hospital was as head of the oncology department at Wisconsin's animal school.

Median remission time for this protocol is around a year or so.

Madison was diagnosed to be in remission in June, and that was confirmed by a flow cytometry in the end of July.

Then, about a month ago, Madison started having an issue where she was randomly losing control of her sphincter muscle and making small discharges.

Thank god I have OCD when Madison shows 'signs' of something wrong, because the oncologist took a look and noticed a nodule on her anal gland.

Fortunately, x-rays and ultrasound showed that it has NOT metastisized. There were some tiny numbs showing on her spleen, but they were not seen as an issue or being out of the ordinary for a dog Madison's age and will be monitored by very periodic ultrasound moving forward.

It turns out the nodule on her anal gland is 0.50cm, and recent studies have shown that where a nodule is less than 3.00cm and there has been no spread, average life expectancy is 3 or so years.

Long story short, her last chemo treatment is on her 11th birthday of October 8 (assuming weekly bloodwork shows white cell count is good for the last two weekly treatments), and the surgery to remove the nodule on her anal gland will come around two weeks later if conditions permit.

Then we go from there.

BUT . . . right now, Madison is going great. Probably the best she's been doing in 6 months or so. Her spirits are through the roof. She's literally picking fights with our Frenchie, grabbing her toys and waving them in her face to get her to play. It's so cute. :D

(we are debating adding immunotherapy after all of this, starting in mid November . . . it's still sort of experimental with dogs, but initial studies have shown that adding immunotherapy to CHOP adds to a dogs life expectancy)

Sounds like a roller coaster of emotions. Glad she looks like she’ll be around longer.

I’ll ask my friend about immunotherapy for her opinion. She’s a really smart tech (she’d be a vet but she hates dealing with the people side of things lol). She knows some smart people too so I’ll let you know her insights (if she knows).

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sounds like a roller coaster of emotions. Glad she looks like she’ll be around longer.

I’ll ask my friend about immunotherapy for her opinion. She’s a really smart tech (she’d be a vet but she hates dealing with the people side of things lol). She knows some smart people too so I’ll let you know her insights (if she knows).

I appreciate that. I've got a few weeks to make a decision. This is the largest study, I think, unless there's another more recently.

Opportunities and challenges of active immunotherapy in dogs with B-cell lymphoma: a 5-year experience in two veterinary oncology centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad