Cole Caufield re-draft 2019

Caufield redraft

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
You mean that juniors tournament where basically every prospect in the top 20 are playin in? You are cherry picking a playoff sample size cause there’s basically no one to compare to him from that draft class… it’s flawed to say the least.

either way caufield moving up to 7-10 is still pretty impressive but saying he’d go 1 oa is insane
Wut u talking about? Playoff performance is much harder and more important than a meaningless junior tourny.

Please point out the last rookie to have an impact like him in the playoffs and he's only played 10 games

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Maybe Turcotte and Boldy, depends on how they develop. Pinto perhaps as well.

You act like he's scoring at a 40 goal 80 point pace lol. He's had a productive playoffs but I'm not a fan of his puck management. Far too many terrible giveaways on the wrong side of the red line. He was doing the same thing at the WJC where he was atrocious.

There's a reason he's -6 through only 28 games...
2 more assists

Keep going. You look ridiculous right now

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wut u talking about? Playoff performance is much harder and more important than a meaningless junior tourny.

Please point out the last rookie to have an impact like him in the playoffs and he's only played 10 games

most highly rated rookies don’t get a chance to play in the playoffs due to being on bad teams

but I’m sure caufield willed Canadians into the playoffs and into the cup finals

you may be right, he might be the best player drafted sense Mcdavid

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
most highly rated rookies don’t get a chance to play in the playoffs due to being on bad teams

but I’m sure caufield willed Canadians into the playoffs and into the cup finals

you may be right, he might be the best player drafted sense Mcdavid
All I hear are excuses and saltiness

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
All I hear are excuses and saltiness
No saltiness, I think it’s odd to have this discussion before half the players are in the league.

I don’t mind caufield, I just think talking about redraft before most players are in the league is dumb and claiming he is #1 when he clearly isn’t is a dumb conversation to be having

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
No saltiness, I think it’s odd to have this discussion before half the players are in the league.

I don’t mind caufield, I just think talking about redraft before most players are in the league is dumb and claiming he is #1 when he clearly isn’t is a dumb conversation to be having
All I'm saying is if there was a redraft (this thread) and we had the #1 pick, I would gladly pick Caufield

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Don't really like the player personally. But glad Habs fans are hyped about him. No shot he goes #1 though, come on now.

Reactions: MakoSlade

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Who gives a flying f*** about plus/minus, he was never meant to be a selke candidate or even a 2-way player.

Damn, this forum can be ridiculous sometimes. This is a prime example...nitpicking the plus/minus stat of a player like Caufield lol

I know, that was my point.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Habs fan: He doesn't go #1 in a re-draft. Dach, Zegras, Byram and Seider all intrigue me. Hopefully top 5 in a few years time. He's looking like an absolute stud though.

Hawks fan here. If Dach learns to win a damn faceoff and be a bit more selfish he has a chance to be somewhere between Couturier and Kopitar. I have also not seen a guy his size with the dangles/stickhandling that he has since a young Malkin.

Reactions: Gravity

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Habs fan: He doesn't go #1 in a re-draft. Dach, Zegras, Byram and Seider all intrigue me. Hopefully top 5 in a few years time. He's looking like an absolute stud though.

Zegras & Caufield are neck in neck as in, who goes 1st.

I'm not 100% sold on Dach yet, i don't know does he have enough offensive, (skill, ability) side in him, like ever.
- plus, like said above, the face-off's...

For me Byram looks like a bust, overly hyped, too aggressive d-man, with a really low boiling point, (dude has had serious issues)
and not very high hockey IQ.

Seider is a wild card, he looks sooo good, but i'm not sure on him yet, NHL is NHL,
he has done great in the DEL, in the AHL and now in the SHL but still, 0 games in the NHL.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Don't really like the player personally. But glad Habs fans are hyped about him. No shot he goes #1 though, come on now.
he def has a chance of going #1. Just ask mtl, im sure they would pick him #1 in a redraft.

I would pick him #1, sure im a habs fan.

Either way next year will tell us a lot about the draft class moving forward

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

I'm not 100% sold on Dach yet, i don't know does he have enough offensive, (skill, ability) side in him, like ever.

For me Byram looks like a bust, overly hyped, too aggressive d-man, with a really low boiling point, (dude has had serious issues)

Seider is a wild card, he looks sooo good, but i'm not sure on him yet, NHL is NHL,
he has done great in the DEL, in the AHL and now in the SHL but still, 0 games in the NHL.
Disagree with Dach but somewhat agree about Byram. Seider is a wildcard indeed but I think he'll transition very well.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Dach has shown more than Zegras. What he did to the Oilers in the 2020 bubble while matched up against McDrai was impressive.

To me, he and Hughes are neck and neck for #1 from 2019. I believe at the end of the day it's going to be a matter of opinion. Some will like Hughes better and some will like Dach better. I think Hughes will be the better scorer but Dach will score a bit less and be a 2-way stud.

My opinion on the ceiling of the top forwards from 2019:
Hughes: 1st line scorer, 30+ goals, PPG production with regularity. Peak of 90+ pts and around 40 goals.
Kakko: 2 way winger, 20-25 goals, 55-60 pts with regularity and a peak around 70 pts
Dach: 2-way/power forward 1C, 70+ pts with regularity with a peak of 35+ goals and PPG+ production
Zegras: Playmaking forward 20-25 goals most seasons, 70+ points with regularity with a a peak of 30+ goals and PPG+ production
Cozens: 2 way top 6 C. 25-30 goals, 55-60 pts with regularity. Peak around 35+ goals and 70ish pts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad