bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Between 7 and 10. Closer to 10 though.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Speaking from a Wings fan's perspective, if you currently switched Seider for Caufield in our rebuild we are in a much darker place going forward. Part of it is positional, but still.

Caufield is good, no doubt about it, but I view him as a Debrincat/Guentzal tier winger going forward. He'll probably go top 7-8 in a redraft, but his position will hold him back in terms of importance.

I would 100% not trade Seider, Hughes, Dach, Zegras, or Byram for him, and would be very hesitant (80%+ original player) to pick him over some others like Cozens.

Last edited:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Speaking from a Wings fan's perspective, if you currently switched Seider for Caufield in our rebuild we are in a much darker place going forward. Part of it is positional, but still.

Caufield is good, no doubt about it, but I view him as a Debrincat/Guentzal tier winger going forward.

You know what if Habs get a consistent 30+ goal guy at pick 15 that's a huge W (almost makes up for passing on others players with a top 3 pick, let's pretend those choices were flipped)

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
This looks like a really good draft class.
Right now I would have trouble putting him into the top10 even though he probably is on par with the guys I would have in the 7-10 range.
Also the jury is still out on a lot of these guys.

Reactions: bsu

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You know what if Habs get a consistent 30+ goal guy at pick 15 that's a huge W (almost makes up for passing on others players with a top 3 pick, let's pretend those choices were flipped)
Yeah Caufield would be a great value pick at 15 in a typical draft. But because of the depth of the 2019 class a diminutive 30+ goal scorer might not move up all that much from 15. I think I had him anywhere from 9-15 if I recall.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
This is still super early, but Hughes is in his 3rd year in the NHL, while these other guys are just cracking rosters so he's definitely still number 1. Kakko is probably up there still too, just not sure where exactly. I'd have a top-5 in a random order of: Hughes, Kakko, Zegras, Seider and Dach. After them is the tier consisting of Knight, Caufield, and this season will prove who joins them out of Boldy, Pinto, Turcotte, Cozens, etc.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Cole Caufield is already a star and have potential to be a superstar in this league, what position in re-draft Caufield can be?

Hmm.......14 games played, 5 points. Not special at all. And invisible so far this year, or getting thrown all over the ice. He should maybe go to the AHL for some seasoning.

For this thread's question, I think he should drop a bit, into the 2nd round. Say 40th to 45th.

Reactions: Sting and Devonator

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
3-5 games worth of a new season doesn't make this any less early.

A lot of the top end kids are still Calder eligible.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Hmm.......14 games played, 5 points. Not special at all. And invisible so far this year, or getting thrown all over the ice. He should maybe go to the AHL for some seasoning.

For this thread's question, I think he should drop a bit, into the 2nd round. Say 40th to 45th.

Don't let the fact that he played a big role in knocking out your favourite team influence you too much.

Would love to hear your list of 39-44 players likely to have a better career than him in that draft.

Last edited:

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Yeah Caufield would be a great value pick at 15 in a typical draft. But because of the depth of the 2019 class a diminutive 30+ goal scorer might not move up all that much from 15. I think I had him anywhere from 9-15 if I recall.
Let’s just calm down a little before anyone calls Caufield a 30 goal scorer (never mind a consistent one) until he can at least score 30 NHL goals in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad