Cole Caufield re-draft 2019

Caufield redraft

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I'll take Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Cozens, Zegras ahead of him. Difficult to say about Podkolzin, Spencer Knight etc. But that's six guys I take ahead of him for sure. Then the rest it's maybe 1-2, three tops. So it's realistically 7th to 10th or so. I'll go.... 9th?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Hmm.. A Center who makes Sedin twin like passes that make the Devils stable in the Center position for years or a 2nd line goal scorer that is a liability when he isn't scoring, Not to mention that He's a giveaway machine and is easily pushed off the puck.

Caufield is already close to hitting his ceiling, He's not going to grow bigger and no matter what weight puts on he will get Knocked off the puck. Cole is so one dimensional that he is one leg injury away from being out of the NHL.

Meanwhile If Hughes gains muscle he will get harder to be pushed off the puck and if Hughes has a similar injury he still could rely on his play making.

Montreal got a great pick at 15 but no GM in the NHL would pick Caufield 1st overall. He's like 5 spots down on the list of type of players Teams need to be competitive.
Yup, very Sedin like, except half the talent and production.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
IMO
1. Caufield
2. Seider
3. Zegras
4. Hughes
5. Dach

But so much can change starting as soon as next season. They are all still so young. But as of now I would pick Caufield esp after his amazing performance in the playoffs where many players and even superstars struggle immensely *cough*cough Marner *cough

Caufield doesn't go top 5 in a redraft. And Marner >>>>> Caufield.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I'll take Hughes, Kakko, Dach, Byram, Cozens, Zegras ahead of him. Difficult to say about Podkolzin, Spencer Knight etc. But that's six guys I take ahead of him for sure. Then the rest it's maybe 1-2, three tops. So it's realistically 7th to 10th or so. I'll go.... 9th?
I think 7th, I have the same group ahead of him as you do right now, realistically when the dust settles it'll depend what happens next. There's usually a player (or two) outside of the top 20 that 3-4 years later is a steal and should've gone top 5 (Pasta or Aho as an example) Of the 6 guys you listed it's likely one of them doesn't meet expectations and cole still needs to prove that he can do it over 82 games. Then theres obviously D and Center Value vs. Wingers. 7th sounds about right to me

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
based on what?
Based on their play in the NHL and before the NHL.

Hughes
Zegras
Dach
Seider
Knight

Are all comfortably ahead of him.

I don't think he's really done all that much to increase his stock honestly. Yeah he's scored some goals but 8g 15p in 28 games isn't really all that impressive for a guy who is such a huge liability in his own end.

I think he was drafted in the right range and I think he'll probably end up a top 15 player from his draft.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Based on their play in the NHL and before the NHL.

Hughes
Zegras
Dach
Seider
Knight

Are all comfortably ahead of him.

I don't think he's really done all that much to increase his stock honestly. Yeah he's scored some goals but 8g 15p in 28 games isn't really all that impressive for a guy who is such a huge liability in his own end.

I think he was drafted in the right range and I think he'll probably end up a top 15 player from his draft.
Based on play??:huh::huh: that clearly goes to Caufield

U do realize those stats are in the playoffs, the biggest stage in hockey, where scoring is hard af.

And he isnt a huge liability in his own end. You're clueless and should watch more habs games

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Based on play??:huh::huh: that clearly goes to Caufield

U do realize those stats are in the playoffs, the biggest stage in hockey, where scoring is hard af.

And he isnt a huge liability in his own end. You're clueless and should watch more habs games

Disagree. But it's not surprising considering you're a habs homer.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
He listed like 5 players that wernt devils ahead of him…. Not sure what that has to do with anything…. Some fans have gone over board on the hype
Smokescreen
Some of them haven't done anything in the nhl yet he cites play as reason

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Smokescreen
Some of them haven't done anything in the nhl yet he cites play as reason
I mean no one has really done enough to move around drastically…. Your basing caufield off of a small sample size in a scenario where most other teams arnt in playoffs

I could see caufield maybe moving into the top 7-10 range

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I mean no one has really done enough to move around drastically…. Your basing caufield off of a small sample size in a scenario where most other teams arnt in playoffs

I could see caufield maybe moving into the top 7-10 range
You do realize big performances in junior tournies push players way up before a draft?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You do realize big performances in junior tournies push players way up before a draft?
You mean that juniors tournament where basically every prospect in the top 20 are playin in? You are cherry picking a playoff sample size cause there’s basically no one to compare to him from that draft class… it’s flawed to say the least.

either way caufield moving up to 7-10 is still pretty impressive but saying he’d go 1 oa is insane

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Anyone else?:laugh:
Maybe Turcotte and Boldy, depends on how they develop. Pinto perhaps as well.

You act like he's scoring at a 40 goal 80 point pace lol. He's had a productive playoffs but I'm not a fan of his puck management. Far too many terrible giveaways on the wrong side of the red line. He was doing the same thing at the WJC where he was atrocious.

There's a reason he's -6 through only 28 games...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad