Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
There's two risks you take with Caufield.

You don't put him in, put in a quote-on-quote "safer" player in his place for more defense than offense, and risk not scoring goals.

Or

You put him in, he's overwhelmed in the playoffs, doesn't score, and gives up some of D as well.

Ducharme chose option 1. And to me, we have a team that has trouble scoring most of the time (start of the year excluded) and we're built from the back out, so it's the wrong one.

Fandangle

Apr 29, 2018
I like the idea of keeping the kids out for game 1. Scotty Bowman never let the rooks play in game 1. They can focus on taking their chance when it comes and not worry that the first mistake will get them subbed for a vet. The 1st 2 are in T dot and we deny Toronto a game plan around exposing rookies. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in game 3 regardless of previous outcomes.

Reactions: Film Noir

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
In terms of media, how has the reaction been to these decisions on KK and Caufield ? I never watch outside of games and always close the TV during intermissions.

Renaud Lavoie, who's an imbecile, seems to agree with them.

Lapierre, Latendresse and Button all said it's nonsense. What about the others ?

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I like the idea of keeping the kids out for game 1. Scotty Bowman never let the rooks play in game 1. They can focus on taking their chance when it comes and not worry that the first mistake will get them subbed for a vet. The 1st 2 are in T dot and we deny Toronto a game plan around exposing rookies. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in game 3 regardless of previous outcomes.
I understand too. I mean. Its keeping those young guys hungry. Exemple : we lose first 2 game. Caufield and Kk would want to prove something for game 3. They would go flying on the ice and eould want to show their skillset. If we bench our veterent instaead and after 2 games. its 0-2. They just gonna let down their team and say. « We are screw »

Reactions: Fandangle

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Scotty Bowman had Guy Lafleur and Ken Dryden.

We have problems scoring goals. We need CC in the lineup.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I see it.
You see it.
The players see it.
Tyler Toffoli sees it.
Craig Button sees it.
My cousin Ronny who failed high school sees it.
But Dom...he don’t see it.
Play Cole.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

that works if your vets are better, or at least equal to, the "rooks" they are playing ahead...

if you're Toronto, you are salivating at the opportunity to expose a liability like Staal and a playoff wallflower like Tatar... at least JKO can compete, and CC would've required some defensive attention, instead, we seem content to make Toronto's job easier.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I understand the pundits trying to justify this by saying Ducharme doesn't want to risk Caufield on a line when he doesn't have the last change. But unlike the KK decision, which can be justified because KK really sucked ass the last while, this is impossible to defend.

We can't score even if the whole teams' life depended on it and here's a natural goal scorer who's got 4 in 10 games and they bench him??

I hate the old school hockey mentality so much some times

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Why can Newhook play game 1 for a stacked Colorado team, and Caufield can't earn a spot on a team that has a lack of offensive talent?
Because thats the Habs, same old conservative way to process, they are allergic to talent...

I wouldnt be surprised to see Caufield only if we are down 3-0 in the serie... :shakehead

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Scoring goals in the regular season is not the same as scoring goals in the playoffs. Which is why I got not issue playing proven regular season stud Tomas Tatar with Gallagher even though he is not an NHL forward in the playoffs. Ducharme is a whole new level of bad.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The only benefit of getting wrecked in playoffs is giving young guys some experience. Suzuki/KK last season getting experience was silver lining on missing out on Perfetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad