Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
Montreal's a dumb franchise but I can't imagine that they'd really be so dumb as to sit him game 1.
It's so obvious he is a game breaker. You can sit Lekhonen, Armia or Evans or whoever is the most banged up at the time (Stall, Perry, Tatar, Gallagher, etc). A 100% Caufield is better than a 50% Tatar right now.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't say he underachieved. He had some things he had to iron out but ultimately didn't he lead the Big 10 in goals? It's really just the WJCs and a few games at the beginning of this year but even then his line up was decimated and he was still putting up points. People refuse to learn the WJC lesson for whatever reason.

Yes it's silly to suggest that he underachieved in the NCAA last year, he was tied for most goals in the NCAA among U-19 players with Newhook, who had 6 more assists but also played on a much, much better team.

He was 1 goal away from being tied for 6th OA in the entire NCAA in goals. Out of the 10 players that scored more goals then Caufield last year, only 2 played in one of the top 3 conferences like CC did and they were between 3-5 years older then him with the top one being on one of the top teams in UMass which just won the national championship this year.

Reactions: dralaf

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
On a scale of 1 to 10, what do you guys think are the chances of him playing the 1st game ?

Based on these tweets, the habs were doing weird things in practice.

They had Petry on both PP units, and I don't think I've ever seen a dman get the full 2 minutes regularly on PPs before, nor is it very practical.

So maybe there is still hope that that they have other adjustments in store before game 1, but certainly I'm not impressed with the lineup decisions as they stand today.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Based on these tweets, the habs were doing weird things in practice.

They had Petry on both PP units, and I don't think I've ever seen a dman get the full 2 minutes regularly on PPs before, nor is it very practical.

So maybe there is still hope that that they have other adjustments in store before game 1, but certainly I'm not impressed with the lineup decisions as they stand today.

I wonder if Weber goes on that second unit when he gets back. With Weber not at practice they decided to run Petry on both units.

The smart play in the games would be to run Petry on both units (and Caufield as well if he gets in the lineup).

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
So ducharme just figures caufield and Suzuki played to good last game or what? caufield is the real deal and when things go back to normal we are probably not going to make the playoffs for at least 3 years. And we’re not going to give CC valuable expierence playoffs will give him? What a f***ing joke. I’m so rattled and so disappointed. I wanna drive from Saskatchewan and riot

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Meet the new coach. Same as the old coach.

These guys are so conservative they make the Catholic Church seem like left wing liberals.

Thank God we will have Byron and Staal in there for their goal scoring and toughness.

This. Exactly this. This management and owner are so stuck in the past they should games should be in black and white on TV.

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
So ducharme just figures caufield and Suzuki played to good last game or what? caufield is the real deal and when things go back to normal we are probably not going to make the playoffs for at least 3 years. And we’re not going to give CC valuable expierence playoffs will give him? What a f***ing joke. I’m so rattled and so disappointed. I wanna drive from Saskatchewan and riot

A good fan riot with torches and pitchforks outside of the Canadiens' offices is exactly what is needed: make Molson, Bergevin, and their stooges realize how fed up we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad