Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Pretty sure Staal grew up a leafs fan and all his friends and family for most part are too I bet. Doubt you’ll see much effort from him, he’s gone in the summer and won’t want to be the one that stops them

This post is... what?

What about all the Quebecois players who likely grew up as Habs fans who score against Montreal? You could say a lot of bad things about Staal, and I have, but this is one of the worst takes I've seen in a long time.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
If I were a betting man i’d put $20 on him winning the Calder next year
Would be the first Hab since Dryden to win it.

We've had a few finalists at least, most recently Gallagher if I'm not mistaken.

edit: yep. Had no idea he was so close.

OhvCDpU.png

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
From Toffoli's article in the player's Tribune

"I mean, you’ve all seen what Cole Caufield is doing, right?

He’s special, man. For real. He’s got that it factor. I’ve only seen it in a few guys in the league. He’s got it. And he’s also — no lie here — the funniest kid I’ve ever met. He’s always cracking jokes at practice and loves to laugh at himself. He’s just so excited to be in the NHL, you can see it. He still gets all wide-eyed when Carey or Webs talks to him, and I can see him get a little nervous when he’s talking to Corey Perry. I swear he’s going to say, “Yes, sir, Mr. Perry,” one day. "

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
From Toffoli's article in the player's Tribune

"I mean, you’ve all seen what Cole Caufield is doing, right?

He’s special, man. For real. He’s got that it factor. I’ve only seen it in a few guys in the league. He’s got it. And he’s also — no lie here — the funniest kid I’ve ever met. He’s always cracking jokes at practice and loves to laugh at himself. He’s just so excited to be in the NHL, you can see it. He still gets all wide-eyed when Carey or Webs talks to him, and I can see him get a little nervous when he’s talking to Corey Perry. I swear he’s going to say, “Yes, sir, Mr. Perry,” one day. "

That’s so good to hear, and exactly how I pictured his character.

The last line about Perry is :laugh:

Reactions: Mav1208

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
So the kids got 4 goals in 10 NHL games

From the 2019 class He's already caught up to Cozens and Zegras in way less games (obviously)
And the 4 ahead of him are Kakko 19 goals in 114 games, Jack Hughes 18 goals in 117 games, Kirby who has 10 in 82, and Nils Hoglander whos got 12 in 51

The race is on :D

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
he should but what vet sits for him? I think he will get in at some point though. If it were me he would be playing every playoff game, cause I don't care about beating the leafs, I care about building up CC, KK, Romanov, Suzuki, Evans for the coming years.
Any of these players should sit so that Caufield can play:

• Armia
  • Byron
  • Lehkonen
  • Tatar
Ducharme is a bad coach, but he's not that bad that he'd sit one of our best offensive players just because he's a rookie. (I don't think he is at least).

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Any of these players should sit so that Caufield can play:

• Armia
  • Byron
  • Lehkonen
  • Tatar
Ducharme is a bad coach, but he's not that bad that he'd sit one of our best offensive players just because he's a rookie. (I don't think he is at least).
When we picked up Staal, a few posters said he'd eat some of KK's minutes. I figured they were crazy...

I won't predict anything in terms of how we will run things anymore. It seems crazy to bench CC but we might do it. And we probably will bench KK. I have no faith in our mgmt.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
When we picked up Staal, a few posters said he'd eat some of KK's minutes. I figured they were crazy...

I won't predict anything in terms of how we will run things anymore. It seems crazy to bench CC but we might do it. And we probably will bench KK. I have no faith in our mgmt.
I fully expect KK to sit for Staal during the playoffs, but that's for another thread.

Caufield brings something other players on the team don't (being able to score). I guess I wouldn't be shocked if he sat, but I don't expect him to.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So the kids got 4 goals in 10 NHL games

From the 2019 class He's already caught up to Cozens and Zegras in way less games (obviously)
And the 4 ahead of him are Kakko 19 goals in 114 games, Jack Hughes 18 goals in 117 games, Kirby who has 10 in 82, and Nils Hoglander whos got 12 in 51

The race is on :D

There is a legitimate possibility he leads his draft class in goals after next season. :laugh:

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
Love this kid, Timmins finally did it right. Newhook would have also been a great pick too. Wish we did something to have both of them.

Is it timmins or churla.

Timmins was head of scouting overseeing amateur and professional. Churla was responsible for amateur.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I love that when he shoots it, no matter where he shoots from, you can tell it’s f***ing dangerous. Even when the goalie saves it it’s rarely a clean save.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Would be the first Hab since Dryden to win it.

We've had a few finalists at least, most recently Gallagher if I'm not mistaken.

edit: yep. Had no idea he was so close.

OhvCDpU.png

Gallagher absolutely should have won it his rookie year...3 points behind Huberdeau & Yakupov in rookie scoring and much more of an impact on his team than Huberdeau or Saad (the other Finalist) had...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad