Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
A little tip on the puck from Suzuki and Caufield break away and score. We are going to see that many times in the future. Look at Caufield's goal tonight. He pulled the puck to the left and made Fleury thought he was going to shoot top left corner. Then in a flash, he pulled the puck to the right and shoot to the top right corner and scored. Only top scorer can make this kind of play. Getting Caufield at 15th pick is really a big gift from the hockey god.

Reactions: Born in 1909

Capz

Jul 1, 2019
What a bust, nowhere near nick robertson, just too small, won't translate to the nhl the guys are just too big, kid can't pass at all they will just look for his shot, Pfft wait till he has to go into the corners, his defensive game is bad though.

Did i miss anything. Best Habs prospect in forever

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I’ll gladly eat some crow on this one. Was happy with the Home Run pick (preferred Newhook) but that’s cause I’ve been brainwashed for the last 25 years by a team that lays down the sacrificial bunt on a 3-0 count but Dom has trusted him more than Julien/Therrien/Martin ever would have. His playmaking is what’s impressed me the most. Leading all rookies in scoring in the playoffs and still eligible for the Calder next year. Bring it Bilbo!!

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
this kid is exciting to watch. the vision the passing. hes got it despite his size. his chemistry with suzuki/toffoli makes a dominant 2nd line. what a treat to watch.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
On his goal...

Suzuki makes a play to get the pass up to him, hard play/pass to make. I think to myself as I see Suzuki's number "oh it's Suzuki? Guarantee he'll get that puck up, so talented"

Puck is heading towards our guy in the offensive zone. But it's bouncy, will be hard to accept and control, the play will probably die. Then I realize "Oh it's Caufield? He's so talented with puck, I guarantee he manages to control it".

Then I notice he's actually alone against goalie. "Holy shit he's now alone against the goalie? This is Caufield - I guarantee he doesn't miss"...and he scores.

I swear you see such plays or attempts all the time in a season or in a game, and everytime I think to myself usually "too hard a play/pass, dammnit they're gonna miss". When I see either Suzuki or Caufield - I all of a sudden feel super confident. They're so talented. It makes such a big difference.

When the puck went to Caufield on the powerplay in game 1 - I was sure he'd score, and he did (he did miss his first shot, but got it back 5 seconds later).
That game 5 OT in Toronto - when I saw Suzuki+Caufield, I again just knew they wouldn't mess up, and they scored off that great exchange.

Makes such a difference to have such skilled and talented players. You have the confidence they'll actually successfully execute plays when they attempt them

Zxlime

Feb 26, 2012
upload_2021-6-19_7-48-32.png

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah this kid is absolutely legit. I already feel confident with him out there. He's not perfect; you can see him trying stuff out though to see what works. Once he works out those small kinks, he'll be even better. His skating is the most surprising part. I thought he was mediocre at best, but he looks really fast and agile. Hands are elite. Shot... Everyone knows it's elite.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
After Staal's screw up last night... CC ties it up right away on a breakaway from a very tough pass and restores everyone's belief the game can be won.

So clutch.

And you just know he is going to do it again...

The whole NHL global world is watching this.

Caufield is on his way to being a household name in hockey.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
After Staal's screw up last night... CC ties it on a breakaway from a very tough pass and restores everyone's belief the game can be won.

So clutch.

And you just know he is going to do it again...

The whole NHL global world is watching this.

Caufield is on his way to being a household name in hockey.
Wasn’t the game winner but so important. Big clutch plays. Same with all our young guys. Their points are coming when we need them. Cc, Suzuki, KK... all with huge clutch points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad