Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Be careful with the back-pedaling; you're gonna hurt yourself one of these times :laugh:

But then you did double down on your other ridiculous notion about Caufield, so...idk lol, you seem a little "garbled".

yeah you don't know what back-pedalling is

100% recency bias, sorry.

CC can certainly become a better player than prime Cammy, but to say that he already is is simply wrong.

If he is already better, where are all the goals he needs to eclipse Cammy's output and prove it?

All Cammy has over Caufield is finish. Not nothing of course but otherwise Caufield is better. Way more dynamic by half.

If I want to get more specific, is Caufield better than Cammy at his absolute best which was the Pittsburgh series? Then no. Cammy was beyond outstanding in that series. As far as Cammy's 2010 playoffs AS A WHOLE and Caufield's as a whole so far... I'd actually take Caufield. He's been a scoring chance and odd man rush machine and just seems to get better and better.

So, fine it's debatable but to me it's obvious who's going to be the better player barring something awful.

Now THIS is MUCH closer to backpedalling

Angler

Apr 23, 2017
He’s going to score on Fleury. Every shot he takes either seems dangerous or creates a rebound. He’s good at putting it in awkward spots for goalies. It handcuffs them.

Destopcorner

Apr 29, 2018
I love the Suzuki - Caufield duo, but I don't know if Toffoli is the right player to complete this line. I would prefer to have a left handed version of Anderson with them (a prime Lucic kind of player).
I agree entirely. I'm scared for Caufield on this line. We need a big lefty to own the boards and protect our two superstars. Someone able to claim the blue paint and get those fat rebounds. My ideal target is Sammy Blais and I believe he could be acquired for the right package. Don't forget Medias will need a new quebecer soon once Drouin and Danault leave.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I swear Helleybuck bobbled almost everything CC threw at him

100% , it was uncanny how every CC shot gave Hellebuck trouble, so much so to the point that on the winning goal of Game 4 Helle played the tough angle shot over the pass that eventually was zipped to Toffoli

Every shot that hit Connor in the shoulders that series is going in on Fleury baby

I need at least 3 goals this series Cole or we probably dont win!

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
yeah you don't know what back-pedalling is

All Cammy has over Caufield is finish. Not nothing of course but otherwise Caufield is better. Way more dynamic by half.

If I want to get more specific, is Caufield better than Cammy at his absolute best which was the Pittsburgh series? Then no. Cammy was beyond outstanding in that series. As far as Cammy's 2010 playoffs AS A WHOLE and Caufield's as a whole so far... I'd actually take Caufield. He's been a scoring chance and odd man rush machine and just seems to get better and better.

So, fine it's debatable but to me it's obvious who's going to be the better player barring something awful.

Now THIS is MUCH closer to backpedalling
:rolleyes: ok buddy...

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
He was our best player in the last game, and he will be our best player tonight's game too, and with the winning goal, let's go Cole.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I like how even when dumping it in on a line change, he directs it at the goalie and they even often have trouble with that.He puts a little spin on the puck.Most players just dump it in the corner.They do that so the puck handling goalies like Smith and Price can't make a sneaky quick play up ice.Caufield has that covered lol

Reactions: Toene

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
100% , it was uncanny how every CC shot gave Hellebuck trouble, so much so to the point that on the winning goal of Game 4 Helle played the tough angle shot over the pass that eventually was zipped to Toffoli

Every shot that hit Connor in the shoulders that series is going in on Fleury baby

I need at least 3 goals this series Cole or we probably dont win!

1 in 1 :) Looking good for CauCau in this series

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
What is nice about his shot is the variety. He could go top shelf all day, but after a while that would be predictable. Rather, he just puts the puck in so many different places and doesn't sell his shot location, which is why goalies are having a hard time handling every one of his shots.

Can't wait to see him in the target shooting competition at next year's All-Stars event. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad