Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Lack of speed! man you're blind.

Cole is very quick but his top end speed is only average. He skates much like guys such as Recchi and Gallagher who have quick feet and have a good initial burst to create separation but the hunched over, inefficient stride takes over and they are not able to continue their acceleration for very long before they max out.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He was our best player in the last game, and he will be our best player tonight's game too, and with the winning goal, let's go Cole.
Well... that's not saying much. :laugh:

He's got tons of potential though. Great instincts, finds the high danger areas. He's going to be great.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Cole is very quick but his top end speed is only average. He skates much like guys such as Recchi and Gallagher who have quick feet and have a good initial burst to create separation but the hunched over, inefficient stride takes over and they are not able to continue their acceleration for very long before they max out.
Cole has that little hop you teach to new skaters, his is very deliberate. Great balance and edge work. Knows how to avoid contact , he pulls the chute real quick, which I call smart.
I remember Recchi as faster? but i could be wrong.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Hes our best sniper in decades and is making beautiful important assists 3 rounds into the playoffs. I've bee a Habs fan all of my 37 years and don't remember the last time I was this psyched for a Habs prospect, we finally have a gamebreaker (and Suzuki is no slouch).

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
XocIEwh.jpg

How high do you guys think he’d go in a re-draft today?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
So far from what i'm seeing (disregarding the future of course, all of them are still young and improving) , Zegras/Caufield/Hughes/Seider look like the best players from the draft. Kakko/Dach/Byram/Cozens look promising but i wouldn't put them w/ the 1st tier of players yet. Zegras looks like the best player so far tbh.

Hoglander looks better than a lot of the players in the top 15 too.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What a dish on that TT goal. That line always just finds a way to make things happen. Just the tip of the iceberg for the two kids too. Real fun stuff.

yeah we've seen Caufield and Suzuki hook up for goals, as well as Suzuki and Toffoli.
Nice to see Caufield and Toffoli building chemistry.

I think we should try Anderson-KK-Gallagher to try and get a 3rd offensive line going.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
XocIEwh.jpg

He has potential to be #1 in redraft. Emphasis on potential. If he continues to play like this and contribute, good things will come. I've said it before, he is the most natural goal scorer behind Alex Ovechkin. Talent and skillset wise. Not proven, but this kid was born to shoot the puck in the net. It's insane.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's literally the x factor that differentiates this team from regular season. Pretty encouraging how many nice passes he made and not even scoring yet.
He only likes to score goals in the overtime. For now he's just making insane passes and shooting a lot.

Reactions: Wats

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
So far from what i'm seeing (disregarding the future of course, all of them are still young and improving) , Zegras/Caufield/Hughes/Seider look like the best players from the draft. Kakko/Dach/Byram/Cozens look promising but i wouldn't put them w/ the 1st tier of players yet. Zegras looks like the best player so far tbh.

Hoglander looks better than a lot of the players in the top 15 too.
Dach is going to be a stud

Reactions: superstar436

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
XocIEwh.jpg

It will be especially interesting to see in 5, 10 years. Caufield's going to be a good one. We'll have to wait and see how good Cozens, Kakko, Hughes, Seider, etc... will be. Zegras is also looking really good already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad