Player Discussion Cole Caufield - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
This is the most enjoyable thread to read going.

In Game 4, Andrew Copp, Morrissey and Helly learned that when CC is digging a puck nearby...
... It's blink and your dead. :popcorn:

Can't wait to see what he can do against the true contenders coming up next.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Watching replays, he's like a kid who just found a whole new family in Montreal.

It's actually almost touching.

I totally agree btw, It's so funny lol, like..

You see his team have a great year thanks to him, and then get upset in the "frozen four" tourney and you see how bummed he is...but at the same time he knows "man I'm so OUTTA here too tho...time for the SHOW"
And we dick around, dick around, endless shots of him in the stands, itching to play, scores 2 OT winners to start his NHL career, doesnt start the playoffs..

Now hes waking up these mornings like "holy shit, were 8 wins from the cup...how did this even happen..who CARES about frozen four" lmao

You can tell hes so god damn happy to finally BE here, with his real and a tual new family of the future

Reactions: Born in 1909

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Let's wait until he puts up numbers like Cammalleri did in the playoffs before we say that.

Anyway, love this kid; he's my favorite Hab already. He's got the passion and tenacity of Gallagher, but he's smarter and has twice the skill.

You can wait. Cammy had nowhere near his dynamism. Cammy was unreal against the Pens that one series if we want to be accurate. He put up like 10 pts in 7 games or something the next year but was nowhere near as great. Okay first season with us and then just declined.

All you need is a working pair of eyes to see who's the better player.

Dhaemon

Oct 20, 2015
Newfoundland, Canada
Call me crazy, but Caulfield passing ability reminds me a lot of Adam Oates.
His ability to see a play and have the hockey sense on where and when to pass it reminds me of him.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I really liked something I heard on a French Sports show regarding Caufield always moving his legs. He said it reminded him of a ducks legs underwater. Above water the duck is calm but below water, those legs are always moving.

duck+under.gif

Reactions: tazsub3

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Hartley said Caufield is better than Gaudreau was at the same age and considering Gaudreau wasn’t in the NHL at the same age, it’s possible Caufield is indeed better than Gaudreau was. It doesn’t mean he’ll have a better career though.

Now I understand, the poster I quoted said : "Bob Hartley just said live on radio that Cole Caufield is already better than Johnny Gaudreau".

Thank you.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
All jokes aside, CC has been an absolute breath of fresh air. Every time he hits the ice I'm on the edge of my seat!!!

Reactions: Gyfu

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You can wait. Cammy had nowhere near his dynamism. Cammy was unreal against the Pens that one series if we want to be accurate. He put up like 10 pts in 7 games or something the next year but was nowhere near as great. Okay first season with us and then just declined.

All you need is a working pair of eyes to see who's the better player.
What an utter load of shit. You're making stuff up. Cammalleri had 2 playoffs with us and was fantastic both times. He was traded midway through his 3rd year here; he never declined in MTL. I get being excited about the new kid, but your post is just ridiculous. According to you, Cammalleri's 19 points in 19 games in the playoffs is an "okay first season with us" and then improving on the best playoff performance by a Hab in decades with 10 points in 7 games the next year is "nowhere near as good"...LOL. Meanwhile, Caufield's 4 assists already makes him "the better player" and if someone doesn't agree, they don't have a "working pair of eyes"...HFBoards :laugh:

Reactions: ngc_5128 and Toene

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
What an utter load of shit. You're making stuff up. Cammalleri had 2 playoffs with us and was fantastic both times. He was traded midway through his 3rd year here; he never declined in MTL. I get being excited about the new kid, but your post is just ridiculous. According to you, Cammalleri's 19 points in 19 games in the playoffs is an "okay first season with us" and then improving on the best playoff performance by a Hab in decades with 10 points in 7 games the next year is "nowhere near as good"...LOL. Meanwhile, Caufield's 4 assists already makes him "the better player" and if someone doesn't agree, they don't have a "working pair of eyes"...HFBoards :laugh:

You're garbling my post pretty badly. You might want to re-read it and get back to me!

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You're garbling my post pretty badly. You might want to re-read it and get back to me!
I didn't garble anything. You claimed:

Cammalleri "had an okay first season with us and then just declined".

That "he put up like 10 points in 7 games or something the next year but was nowhere near as great".

And then insinuated that if someone doesn't think Caufield is already a better player, they don't have a "working pair of eyes".

Maybe you should re-read what you posted. Were you drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->