Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 5) - No Sophmore Slump, please Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I didn't mean to you personally, I meant in terms of actual on ice performance. Galchenyuk was a much better player in 2013 than he was in 2019.
Had better results yes...but his game, IMO, hasn't really evolved.

He has one strength and it's limited, at best and dependent on others.

The things he needed to work on after his rookie year are still issues today.

This is a classic case of a player who plateaud very early in his career

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Caufield would put up crazy numbers in the O

I wouldn't mind him going to the OHL next year and forego returning to Wisconsin. It will also help him get a little more used to playing a lot more games in a season. And if Sault Ste. Marie hosts the Memorial Cup, then that's a tournament he'd automatically participate in.

And the Habs would be able to sign him to his ELC and send him to Junior.

Reactions: habsfan92

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
He's gonna break the season goal record in the OHL if he goes to SSM
I think it’s there’s a very good chance he plays in the OHL this coming year. If school is still online next year, that means there won’t be any college hockey. Caufield won’t stick around to go to his UW Canvas class on his laptop.

‘21 draft prospect Peter Reynolds already de-committed from Boston College to report to Saint Johns.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he's saying all the right things in the interview, which clearly came from his talk with Bergevin or he would be talking about Laval or the NHL. But it's going to be extremely interesting to see if he does actually do this, improve his speed and strength while improving his play without the puck. At times his effort was just terrible there, but I assume MB told him to work on that if he wants to sign next off-season.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
The future will prove you re wrong. Like picking KK over Tkachuck was the wrong pick.

Ask yourself why he was still available at spot 15. Way way too small and unidimensional player.

Ask yourself why newhook was still available at the same spot.

The fact he was available at 15 doesnt prove your point at all. Its a really bad argument.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Jonathan Bernier of Journal de Montréal spoke with Caufield.

Caufield tells him he wants to win the Hobey Baker Award this coming year. He also says that he wants to be a leader that his teammates can look to. And he also wants to be a player his coaches can rely on at the end of a game to protect a lead or even on the PK. He doesn't want to be known just for goal scoring.

He had 36 pts (19G, 17A) in 36 GP last year. He said he wants to have a goal and two assists each game.

The way Wisconsin lost last year, being swept in the Conference Qyarter-Finals by Ohio State, he said he was pissed at how it all ended.

He also said that he wanted to turn pro this year. But going back for another year isn't a lot to ask. He will get to the NHL when he will get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad