Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 5) - No Sophmore Slump, please Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Ya but it’s a huge step up when playing against elite men in the nhl. Most of the college guys will never make it, whereas everyone in the nhl is pro. The kid needs time.

Isn't that the case for all players? Yet people seem to believe you can go from Liiga or KHL to the NHL directly(they share the same disparity of talent you suggested). Caufield doesn't need to put on a tonne of muscle like more lanky players. I believe he can be like a Suzuki , if he proves his worth to start the season and keeps progressing, I don't see the problem with him being on the pro roster in a sheltered role.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Isn't that the case for all players? Yet people seem to believe you can go from Liiga or KHL to the NHL directly(they share the same disparity of talent you suggested). Caufield doesn't need to put on a tonne of muscle like more lanky players. I believe he can be like a Suzuki , if he proves his worth to start the season and keeps progressing, I don't see the problem with him being on the pro roster in a sheltered role.
Ya but Liga and KHL have guys in they’re 30’s who have been around. It’s not college.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
after getting jobbed on that no goal call imo, as it should have counted, they score on the same PP. Caufield would have had the 3rd assist if they counted them.

The Little Viking

Jul 7, 2017
Austin TX
Not sure if this has already been discussed but Wisconsin's last regular season game is tomorrow (Sat Feb 29th). Since they are in last place, I'm assuming that they do not have any additional playoff games? If so, Caufield might declare he is going pro as early as tomorrow night right?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure if this has already been discussed but Wisconsin's last regular season game is tomorrow (Sat Feb 29th). Since they are in last place, I'm assuming that they do not have any additional playoff games? If so, Caufield might declare he is going pro as early as tomorrow night right?

all teams in the big 10 make the playoffs

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Gawd I hope not, bring up another undersized weak player early has Habs management written all over it.

To put fans in the stands ? they will do it for sure !

It's getting old guys. No one's saying he's going to the NHL. Just you guys.

Can't we put the politics aside and be excited if our AHL club might get an injection of both caufield and ylonen before the end of the year. Let's not forget what one of the AHLs functions is: development.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It's getting old guys. No one's saying he's going to the NHL. Just you guys.

Can't we put the politics aside and be excited if our AHL club might get an injection of both caufield and ylonen before the end of the year. Let's not forget what one of the AHLs functions is: development.
Maybe read everything? The guy I quoted directly mention the Nashville game on the 10th.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Bergevin interview stated they want him to stay in wisconsin for another year. If caufield feels strongly they will put him in larval but preference is wisconsin.

I liked that part of the interview. It tells me they don't want to rush him.

Ultimately, when it comes to players in the NCAA, the player does have a say because it's also regarding their education. Some, like Evans, wanted to stay and finish and get their degree. Others prefer foregoing it all and turn pro.

So Caufield does have a say. However, if he does turn pro, he'll go through Laval. And that's the part I liked.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I don’t watch many college games. Are there any nhler thst come from Wisconsin’s system?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I liked that part of the interview. It tells me they don't want to rush him.

Ultimately, when it comes to players in the NCAA, the player does have a say because it's also regarding their education. Some, like Evans, wanted to stay and finish and get their degree. Others prefer foregoing it all and turn pro.

So Caufield does have a say. However, if he does turn pro, he'll go through Laval. And that's the part I liked.

I like that. If he burns up the AHL, he can be brought up, but if hockey is more important to him than school, he might as well turn pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad