Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 5) - No Sophmore Slump, please Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
His team was weak last year, especially defensively and it got weaker, the last months, because Miller and Turcotte are gone. His team is expected to add some great talents ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Players that will join University of Wisconsin next year:

TJ Koufis (F): https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/316171/t.j.-koufis
The last few seasons, he's played USHL, NAHL, AJHL & OJHL.

Mathieu de Ste. Phalle (F): https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/283937/mathieu-de-st.-phalle
He's played USHL for the last 3 seasons. He's 20 years old so he's older than most players playing in their first year of NCAA. He was Chicago Steel's top scorer last year (60 pts in 49 GP)

Isaac Novak (LW): Isaac Novak at eliteprospects.com
He played in the NAHL last year, putting up 40 pts in 46 GP.

Shane Lavelle (F): Shane Lavelle at eliteprospects.com
He played 24 games in the USHS-MN and had 29 pts. And he played 12 games in the USHL and had 2 pts.

Casey Roepke (D): Casey Roepke at eliteprospects.com
He played NAHL and USHL last year. Not a lot of production. Between both leagues, he had 8 pts in 46 GP.

Anthony Kehrer (D): Anthony Kehrer at eliteprospects.com
He's played the last two seasons in the USHL. Last year, he had 5 pts in 27 GP.

Josh Bohlin (F): Josh Bohlin at eliteprospects.com
Last year, he played in the NAHL, putting up 25 pts in 48 GP. The previous two seasons, he played in the USHL.

Luke LaMaster (D): Luke LaMaster at eliteprospects.com
He played in the USHL last year, putting 10 pts in 38 GP.

Sam Stange (F): Sam Stange at eliteprospects.com
He played USHL last year, putting up 45 pts in 48 GP.

Robby Newton (F): Robby Newton at eliteprospects.com
He played in the USHL last year, putting up 19 pts in 43 GP.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Like everything about it.

except not trading into the midd 1st to draft Smith, he was a no brain pick at that spot. a lot of people had him in their top 7-8

He's also good buddies with Gally. It's just a huge failure all around, there's no excuse to not push for a high end LD like Smith.. especially when u consider our needs at the time. Par for the course with our management, no risk/no vision.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
except not trading into the midd 1st to draft Smith, he was a no brain pick at that spot. a lot of people had him in their top 7-8

He's also good buddies with Gally. It's just a huge failure all around, there's no excuse to not push for a high end LD like Smith.. especially when u consider our needs at the time. Par for the course with our management, no risk/no vision.

Forget Smith for Caufield.....Cole Caufield is a scoring machine.
If the Devils want Caufield, they will need to trade us the 6th pick overall... otherwise, I am not interested.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Smith is a better prospect than Caufield imo.

I watched both play.... Caufield has better natural hockey instincts than Smith. In Caufield the Habs have an elite scoring threat every time he is on the ice. The key is finding the right centre to feed the puck to Caufield... possibly Jesperi K or Suzuki...
Our powerplay, will win us games with Caufield finding the back of the net.

Reactions: Gravity

Locks

May 28, 2005
I watched both play.... Caufield has better natural hockey instincts than Smith. In Caufield the Habs have an elite scoring threat every time he is on the ice. The key is finding the right centre to feed the puck to Caufield... possibly Jesperi K or Suzuki...
Our powerplay, will win us games with Caufield finding the back of the net.

Good post. This trade makes little sense for either team. While on the main team LD is the biggest need - I don't count an easily fixable backup goalie problem - we are loaded with them on the prospects side. Romanov, Harris, Norlinder and Struble is the best group I have seen in a long time. And the RD group is not too shabby either with Juulsen, Brook and Fleury. But on the wings - as some posters have pointed out - we have two quality prospects - Caulfield and Ylonen. That's it. And Devils can't possibly trade arguably their only good D prospect while the main team's D is in full rebuilt.
And while Smith has posted great stats in the WHL, he has not done much offensively playing at WJC U18 and U20.

Reactions: dralaf and Gravity

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Caufield is elite at goalscoring while questionable in other areas, Smith is pretty much great at everything. The former has higher upside while the latter has a higher floor. But I still see a lot of upside in Smith.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vachon23

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Caufield is elite at goalscoring while questionable in other areas, Smith is pretty much great at everything. The former has higher upside while the latter has a higher floor. But I still see a lot of upside in Smith.
Elite at goalscoring is the most important trait by far.

And Smith is not great at everything and had mentioned prior we are very good for once at LD.

I would rather hold into Cole Caufield

Reactions: dralaf and Gravity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->