Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Explain more? We are talking about the rookie season right? Correct me if I am wrong, but are you not talking about the ELC being burned without palying 1 game? That is true cause it's the same as Markar. He signed at 20 too I believe and he didn't play one regular season game that year.

What I learned is I originally thought Poehling burned his cause he played 1 NHL game. Come to find that is not true but there was lots of talk on our boards about that back when. I don't remember anybody fighting that narrative back when. Do you?

Poehling and Caufield both have early Jan birthdates. Very similar situation.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

We got him under contract. I'm fine with burning the year.

Not signing him when he's NHL ready would have been gaming the system to be able to pay him far less than he's worth 3 years from now instead of what he'll start to get on a new contract after 2years - which will be at closer to his contributions on the ice. I think he'll appreciate that and that will help him remain a Hab for a long time.

Sometimes you have to do what's right.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
They want him to keep his rookie status for next season, and that’s 100% fair I’m sure he wants it to. He will be up as soon as there are 9 or 10 games left or whatever the cut off is. Because once he gets in the line up he’s never being sat again until he’s at least as old as Staal lol.

Stop it with that.

Normal season, 25 games minimum
56 games season, 17 games minimum

Habs have 12 games to go

Reactions: DAChampion

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If primeau plays tonight and Lindgren is emergency recalled tomorrow and primeau returns to laval thus Lindgren is the backup.

Then Caufield can play to my understanding.

Reactions: Kojo

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
They took him on the west coast for 5 games..............surely the kid will play? I mean make the roster moves you have to and get the f&*k on with this............people say the kid is a pure goal scorer!! We haven't had one since Richer for gods sake...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
They took him on the west coast for 5 games..............surely the kid will play? I mean make the roster moves you have to and get the f&*k on with this............people say the kid is a pure goal scorer!! We haven't had one since Richer for gods sake...

I mean I think Pacioretty qualifies, he was practically a 40 goal guy.

But I agree with you. :)

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm going to go into a blind rage soon if they don't give him a shot or send him back to Laval

Name another team that would do this.
To take him on the trip, and not play him, meanwhile he could be playing with Laval............................Stupid is, Stupid does is what comes to mind.
There are 3 games left on the trip, he should play all of them.................or at least 2 of them.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Reading through the CBA again it’s a bit confusing (maybe just for me). Since the Habs don’t have all 3 of their recalls on the active roster does that mean they can still have unlimited recalls in the playoffs even if they use their 4th recall? How do other posters interpret this? @Adam Michaels, @WeThreeKings have you seen anything on Twitter on this or do you know?

From the CBA again:

a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Reading through the CBA again it’s a bit confusing (maybe just for me). Since the Habs don’t have all 3 of their recalls on the active roster does that mean they can still have unlimited recalls in the playoffs even if they use their 4th recall? How do other posters interpret this?

From the CBA again:

a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

Good post. I came here to ask the same question.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Reading through the CBA again it’s a bit confusing (maybe just for me). Since the Habs don’t have all 3 of their recalls on the active roster does that mean they can still have unlimited recalls in the playoffs even if they use their 4th recall? How do other posters interpret this? @Adam Michaels, @WeThreeKings have you seen anything on Twitter on this or do you know?

From the CBA again:

It's tough but my understanding is that if we use the 4 recalls.. we have to keep those 4 players on our active roster following the end of the regular season. So I think this means if we call up Caufield using non-emergency recall.. our bench would be Caufield, Ouellette, Romanov and Byron for the play-offs and we couldn't use Evans.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Dismal-Mean-Bichonfrise-max-1mb.gif

Can't wait to see mighty mouse in action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad