Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Yes, theres no reasons to keep both off the ice, just call one up already wtf.

I'd call up Caufield right now and see what we got.

From my understanding Evans won't play unless KK, Suzuki, Danault or Staal get injured and we can could call up Evans in that case. (injury reason like Primeau)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I dont understand why theyre holding onto their last recall..? What do they expect from now until the PO...? Like theres absolutely zero downsides to calling up Caufield. The pieces are there to stay performance wise and if theres an injury, theres emergency call ups.

It's probably connected to a management style and how they use Danault. Conservatives run our team I tell yeah! ;)

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
I dont understand why theyre holding onto their last recall..? What do they expect from now until the PO...? Like theres absolutely zero downsides to calling up Caufield. The pieces are there to stay performance wise and if theres an injury, theres emergency call ups.
i think they keep it for Evans,they should of just kept Caufield in Laval

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Is this fan base really that dense? Caufield will be the final call up. They are waiting until after this weekends games. Him in the presser right now has nothing to do with callups. The final call up will be used on Caufield. They just want to you know NOT RUSH THE KID, and make sure he’s comfortable so he can step in and be successful right away.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Is this fan base really that dense? Caufield will be the final call up. They are waiting until after this weekends games. Him in the presser right now has nothing to do with callups. The final call up will be used on Caufield. They just want to you know NOT RUSH THE KID, and make sure he’s comfortable so he can step in and be successful right away.

If they do use their call up it will be him. I’m just wondering if they are ok losing their ability to have an unlimited number of additional regular recalls in the playoffs if they do call him up.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
They want him to keep his rookie status for next season, and that’s 100% fair I’m sure he wants it to. He will be up as soon as there are 9 or 10 games left or whatever the cut off is. Because once he gets in the line up he’s never being sat again until he’s at least as old as Staal lol.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
They want him to keep his rookie status for next season, and that’s 100% fair I’m sure he wants it to. He will be up as soon as there are 9 or 10 games left or whatever the cut off is. Because once he gets in the line up he’s never being sat again until he’s at least as old as Staal lol.
After Saturday’s game there are 10 games left. I would bet big $$$ they are calling him up after that game.

Reactions: dinodebino

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
I read people say that the cutoff was 25 for calder elligibilitity

The 9 or 10 games, IIRC, was to determine whether first year of contract is burnt. This doesn't apply to Caufield because he is 20 however, and ELC is burnt regardless.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
The cutoff is 25 games

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

In that casse they should have waited and left him in Laval for now to play a few more games

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Accurate! 100% agree. Some really do think they are better NHL managers than actual NHL management

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Accurate! 100% agree. Some really do think they are better NHL managers than actual NHL management

I just wonder if they are waiting for an injury to get him in the lineup. If they do recall him it means that can’t recall anymore players (including in the playoffs unless there is an emergency situation). So players like Evans can’t be recalled. They would be stuck with their current roster + their 4 recalls, which are Leskinen, Ouellette, Romanov (I believe), and then Caufield.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I just wonder if they are waiting for an injury to get him in the lineup. If they do recall him it means that can’t recall anymore players (including in the playoffs unless there is an emergency situation). So players like Evans can’t be recalled. They would be stuck with their current roster + their 4 recalls, which are Leskinen, Ouellette, Romanov (I believe), and then Caufield.
Yes i think so, and what about the 10 game rule for the contract? does that apply to him as well?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The recall includes the playoffs? I wasn't aware of that. If that is true, I can understand why they want to be a bit on the conservative side. Make sense to me. Our management is not as desperate to insert him as some fans are.

Waiting for an injury is probably at play. 3 games in 4 nights against the Flames who likely hate us cause we are ahead of them and they won't make the playoffs. If we play 3 games with no injuries, I'd be surprised. Flames got nothing to loose and are going to play us hard.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Even if they did shorten it cause of the 56 game season, Caufield is not going to burn his rookie year in 12 games.

I think it’s automatically burned.

It also makes sense for the Canadiens to give Caufield a shot in the NHL before the end of this season. Since Caufield’s entry-level contract was signed as a 20-year-old, the first year of the deal will be burned this season whether he plays a game with the Canadiens or not. Giving him a taste of the NHL will only make him hungrier and you have to think he could at least help the power play with his wicked shot. The Canadiens can use a natural goal-scorer and if it looks obvious that Caufield isn’t ready, he can always go back to Laval.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The recall includes the playoffs? I wasn't aware of that. If that is true, I can understand why they want to be a bit on the conservative side. Make sense to me. Our management is not as desperate to insert him as some fans are.

Waiting for an injury is probably at play. 3 games in 4 nights against the Flames who likely hate us cause we are ahead of them and they won't make the playoffs. If we play 3 games with no injuries, I'd be surprised. Flames got nothing to loose and are going to play us hard.

If they make another recall it impacts their ability to make recalls in the playoffs:

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If they make another recall it impacts their ability to make recalls in the playoffs:

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

What's the logic in limiting recalls after the TDL when Canadian teams have to wait 7 days for players hey acquired at the deadline to be in uniform??

This league is dumber than a box of nails. Yes MB messed it up. But look at what bush league he's dealing with.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it’s automatically burned.

Explain more? We are talking about the rookie season right? Correct me if I am wrong, but are you not talking about the ELC being burned without palying 1 game? That is true cause it's the same as Markar. He signed at 20 too I believe and he didn't play one regular season game that year.

What I learned is I originally thought Poehling burned his cause he played 1 NHL game. Come to find that is not true but there was lots of talk on our boards about that back when. I don't remember anybody fighting that narrative back when. Do you?

Poehling and Caufield both have early Jan birthdates. Very similar situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad