Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
But he is so smol
Even if you think thats a problem, Newhook is 5'11 himself.

Zegras is 6' but may as well be 5'1 because man fears contact more than Drouin. York and Soderstrom are tiny too.

I know what happened. Dumb ass execs say BCHL and went yeah no sorry. Dumb ass execs saw 5'7 and played with Jack Hughes and went ye no srry.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Terrible ass drafting by teams in 2019.

Cozens? Zegras? Broberg? Podkolzon? Knight? York? Soderstrom?

Over Newhook and Caufield? What the f***.

If Caufield was jack Hughes height, he probably would contested for first overall. Everyone was even saying so throughout the draft. Honestly if he was 6 ft, he'd probably be a top 10 pick if they were to do a decade redraft from 2010-2019 picks without hindsight... But he's only 5'7-5'8

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I mean, you’ve all seen what Cole Caufield is doing, right?

He’s special, man. For real. He’s got that it factor. I’ve only seen it in a few guys in the league. He’s got it. And he’s also — no lie here — the funniest kid I’ve ever met. He’s always cracking jokes at practice and loves to laugh at himself. He’s just so excited to be in the NHL, you can see it. He still gets all wide-eyed when Carey or Webs talks to him, and I can see him get a little nervous when he’s talking to Corey Perry. I swear he’s going to say, “Yes, sir, Mr. Perry,” one day.

From the Toffoli article today, it's clear to his teammates as well that he's a special talent and will be a future star!

Reactions: Roadhouse

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Likely scratched in the playoffs until the coach realizes the team’s offence sucks and plugs him in.

BergevinsOnlyFan

Jan 2, 2021
Pretty sure Staal grew up a leafs fan and all his friends and family for most part are too I bet. Doubt you’ll see much effort from him, he’s gone in the summer and won’t want to be the one that stops them
I could be wrong but wouldn't growing up a Leafs fan just give you more motivation to play hard against them well maybe not at his age but it probably use to

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You can just tell that Suzuki wants to play with this kid and has LOTS of respect for his talent. Do not mess this up Habs, please just keep them together and you will have a dynamic duo for years to come.

How hard is it:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

Or even Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield, and then see if Toffoli can get KK going again.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I know the BEL line played well the other day, but I definitely put him over Byron on that line. It actually makes that line a dangerous offensive threat.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I know the BEL line played well the other day, but I definitely put him over Byron on that line. It actually makes that line a dangerous offensive threat.
The problem is then you can’t use the line as a defensive situation line which is half the point. If Danault is out then you can put CC with KK, but if Danault is in, probably means both CC and KK are out.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
How hard is it:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

Or even Anderson-Suzuki-Caufield, and then see if Toffoli can get KK going again.

I think the concern with that line is who is going to get the puck from the dirty areas (like Armia did with Toffoli-Suzuki and Caufield-Suzuki). Especially since most of the Habs D don't move the puck well.

It might work as an exploitation line and they should definitely all be on the same PP unit with Petry and one of Perry/Gallagher/Anderson.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How hard is it:

Toffoli-Suzuki-Caufield

I'd be down with that if Suzuki was 25 and in his prime. I think that line would be a bit of a risk in our own end. Not terrible but I do think they will look at balancing things where they go with them on the PP type thing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great piece!!!! Sign the guy to an extension already!

Toffoli from age 28-31 is great timing. Not popular to say this today based on how he is playing but signing him from 32-35 requires a team friendly deal or no deal. He's going to be a candidate to sell at the deadline in 2024 depending on the season we have. At that point, Suzuki, KK, Romanov, Caufield are in prime years so maybe they will still need the vet in Toffoli but 32+ contracts are risky in terms of paying them for the 4 previous years. Problem for another day and depends on what he does for the next 3 years. Things change. How long can Gallagher continue his level? :dunno:

How about that Caufield kid? I'm liking what I am seeing and the area I'm monitoring is 5/5 play. He's getting more and more comfortable as each game goes and at 5/5, he's doing better than what I expected for a undersized 20 year old.

Reactions: puckeater
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad