Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
When he scores his first NHL goal, I’m going to need a moment...

upload_2021-4-23_7-51-39.gif

frapp10

Feb 21, 2015
So our last call up is either between him and Evans basically? As Ouellet, Byron, and Romanov was our 3 at the deadline if I’m correct?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
So when does the kid get a shot?

Next season, unless a (none-center) forward gets injured.

The Hab management around the trade deadline was awful. They wasted recalls on players that should have been on the roster before the TLD, just to save a few thousands on daily cap-space that they can't even use now.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
The real question is what’s Gole Goalfields middle name? Can’t find it anywhere

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How many goals does he score beyond the face off circles? Seems to me that he scores most of them inside of the face off circles and I wonder what he can do in traffic with more physical players.

I think he is very cleaver with the type of game he needs to play due to his size. One area to watch out for is the Habs system... it's a clutter attack. I rather see the forwards spread out a bit more which will spread out the opposition D in transition. Annoys me when two players are like 5' apart. Caufield can't play that style... he needs to gravitate to open space and someone needs to give him the puck

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
How many goals does he score beyond the face off circles? Seems to me that he scores most of them inside of the face off circles and I wonder what he can do in traffic with more physical players.

I think he is very cleaver with the type of game he needs to play due to his size. One area to watch out for is the Habs system... it's a clutter attack. I rather see the forwards spread out a bit more which will spread out the opposition D in transition. Annoys me when two players are like 5' apart. Caufield can't play that style... he needs to gravitate to open space and someone needs to give him the puck

I actually see him at his most dangerous playing with Kotkaniemi and Anderson, with Caufield on the left. Two massive bodies that skate with speed and can get loose pucks. Caufield can trail and look for openings and unload.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

That shot can score from anywhere, he’ll adapt

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I dont understand why theyre holding onto their last recall..? What do they expect from now until the PO...? Like theres absolutely zero downsides to calling up Caufield. The pieces are there to stay performance wise and if theres an injury, theres emergency call ups.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I actually see him at his most dangerous playing with Kotkaniemi and Anderson, with Caufield on the left. Two massive bodies that skate with speed and can get loose pucks. Caufield can trail and look for openings and unload.

I like this idea!

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
I dont understand why theyre holding onto their last recall..? What do they expect from now until the PO...? Like theres absolutely zero downsides to calling up Caufield. The pieces are there to stay performance wise and if theres an injury, theres emergency call ups.

Evans or Caufield

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Only with an injury IMO. The team I doubt will use their last call up for him.

That said, depending on how we enter the playoffs... strong or limping, we may see him dressed then.
Why would we just save our last call up? The last call up will be used on Caufield. And it likely happens for Monday’s game.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I honestly can't believe they blew on the 4 call-ups on Ouellette.. like jesus christ

Yeah the organization really screwed that up. I’d like to know if they actually knew the rule when they did that.

Evans or Caufield

This is why it’s tough for the Habs to recall Caufield unless there was an injury.

From the CBA:

Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:

(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

The Habs have already used their 3 post deadline recalls, if they use their 4th on Caufield they lose their ability to have an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls in the playoffs.

Reactions: morhilane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad