Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Reading through the CBA again it’s a bit confusing (maybe just for me). Since the Habs don’t have all 3 of their recalls on the active roster does that mean they can still have unlimited recalls in the playoffs even if they use their 4th recall? How do other posters interpret this? @Adam Michaels, @WeThreeKings have you seen anything on Twitter on this or do you know?

From the CBA again:

a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to Section 13.12(l) above, such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the Regular Season.

Reading it and hearing Laraque talk about it, it just sounds like he cant be sent back if they play him.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

The boys are egging him on and he thinks he's part of the crew.
If20BvY.png

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Ok someone with 100% knowledge tell me why he can’t play right now please. I’ve read a lot of different things this is what I’ve gathered of why he can’t play:

1. we have used 3 out of 4 emergency call ups. So if we used caufield evans can’t play for playoffs and we lose our unlimited call ups for playoffs.

2. Even if we did call up caufield, we are over the cap, so we would have to send priemeau back to the taxi squad and call up lindgren to fit him in under the cap.

3. But since number 1 is a really bad option for playoffs we have to hope for an injury to a player otherwise we don’t have unlimited call ups for playoffs

Am I in the ball park here???

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Ok someone with 100% knowledge tell me why he can’t play right now please. I’ve read a lot of different things this is what I’ve gathered of why he can’t play:

1. we have used 3 out of 4 emergency call ups. So if we used caufield evans can’t play for playoffs and we lose our unlimited call ups for playoffs.

2. Even if we did call up caufield, we are over the cap, so we would have to send priemeau back to the taxi squad and call up lindgren to fit him in under the cap.

3. But since number 1 is a really bad option for playoffs we have to hope for an injury to a player otherwise we don’t have unlimited call ups for playoffs

Someone needs to ask Perry to take Johnny Floaty for a "walk"...problem solved...:laugh:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Is it usual to have this many highlight reel goals from a player from practice?

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
So I found out our call ups are oulette Byron and Romanov, so why doesn’t leskinen count anywhere, he played 1 game?

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
It's tough but my understanding is that if we use the 4 recalls.. we have to keep those 4 players on our active roster following the end of the regular season. So I think this means if we call up Caufield using non-emergency recall.. our bench would be Caufield, Ouellette, Romanov and Byron for the play-offs and we couldn't use Evans.

Ok found some more information on this:

For the 2020-21 season only, the restrictions within Section 13.12(n) will not apply. So that part in the CBA doesn’t count.

So the Habs don’t lose their unlimited recalls in the playoffs if they recall Caufield.

Sorry for the confusion everyone.

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2020-21/2020-21TransitionRulesCriticalDates.pdf

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Ok found some more information on this:

For the 2020-21 season only, the restrictions within Section 13.12(n) will not apply. So that part in the CBA doesn’t count.

So the Habs don’t lose their unlimited recalls in the playoffs if they recall Caufield.

Sorry for the confusion everyone.

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2020-21/2020-21TransitionRulesCriticalDates.pdf

Reading more stuff about Section 13.12(n), the recalls never blocked Caufield from playing. The media on twitter had their information wrong, twice (as they didn't know about the lifted restriction either). The rules is that you can only have 3 recalls at the same time on the main team, but recalls can be sent back to free a slot and recall someone else. Ouellet is in the Taxi Squad and Primeau is an emergency recalls, so they the habs have a free recall slot.

So even without the lifted restriction, Caufield would have been able to play once Price is back and Primeau is sent back down. As Primeau is taking the remaining cap space to fit Caufield in.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Or, #4. Our GM is a clown...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad