TSN: COL/FLA: Brassard + Conditional 2020 6th for 2020 3rd

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
Brassard was a solid top 6 player for several years. I don’t think he’s there anymore, but should be a solid 3rd liner going forward. And if by chance avs make the playoffs this season he also had a very good production in the post season.

Reactions: MacBradley

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Brassard was a solid top 6 player for several years. I don’t think he’s there anymore, but should be a solid 3rd liner going forward. And if by chance avs make the playoffs this season he also had a very good production in the post season.

I really think (ok I wish/hope) he can become a top 6 player again, first game was good.

Wasn't that long ago Senators shipped Zibanejad to Rangers for Brassard, ok a stupid trade underrating Zib, overrating Brassard but it shows the status Brassard had back then.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Considering who WE are currently playing in the top 6, I think Brassard will be an upgrade for us there. But if Sakic is even remotely considering extending him, he better be looking at a 3rd line role in both slot and cost. He isn’t a player that will be on a WCF team’s second line.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
I think the Avs could re-sign him on a short term deal at around $3m - $3.5m unless he lights it up here then I could see something in the $4m range.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
There is more to the lost OTs than the points.

These OTs will probably cost us the playoffs. Mark my words. If we only could´ve managed to win just 6 OTs we would be battling with the Blues for the 3rd place in the division. It´s a shame and unacceptable. I can´t even remember a team in this league that practical loses every single OT.....:ha:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Brassard is over the hill, but I don't mind this move. A 3rd round pick in 2020 isn't real valuable and it is really dropping 3 rounds if the Avs don't re-sign Brassard (which I would be opposed to for the right price). This shores up some depth without giving up much going forward. I'd like to be more aggressive and getting a bigger fish as this kicks the can so to speak, but at least it is doing something.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
These OTs will probably cost us the playoffs. Mark my words. If we only could´ve managed to win just 6 OTs we would be battling with the Blues for the 3rd place in the division. It´s a shame and unacceptable. I can´t even remember a team in this league that practical loses every single OT.....:ha:

Something we have a chance winning this season, the NHL stats for losing in OT, we are huge favorites for this one.

Of course we will reach playoffs, nothing else is acceptable.

Last edited:

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
I don’t mind the acquisition given the price. Now, had he followed through with fist bumping the Fla bench after his goal last night, as he appeared on the verge of mistakenly doing it would’ve made this one of my favorite trades ever.

Reactions: MacBradley and cgf

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

That's one way to look at it.
Another is that we might make the playoffs, on the back of Loser-Points.
Which sucks. I hate Loser-Points (even when they help the Avs).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's one way to look at it.
Another is that we might make the playoffs, on the back of Loser-Points.
Which sucks. I hate Loser-Points (even when they help the Avs).

:dunno: I have no qualms with drawing our way to the playoffs. I mean, it's better than if we only got in because of gimmick points from winning 3-on-3.

...but I wouldn't complain about making the postseason no matter how we do it, as long as we can finally break the cycle and make the playoffs in consecutive seasons for the first time in my adult life...

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad