TSN: COL/FLA: Brassard + Conditional 2020 6th for 2020 3rd

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
+ 30-31 years old (not too old by any stretch)
+ Adds secondary scoring (wasn't being given the situational play at Florida)
+ Can actually win a heap of faceoffs (something we miss)
+ Added Veteran experience (will help with players like Jost, Bowers, Kaut down the road)
+ Didn't lose one solitary player, not a pick in this years draft
+ Is UFA at seasons end, so nothing to lose really

What's not to love? AAA+

giphy.gif

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
+ 30-31 years old (not too old by any stretch)
+ Adds secondary scoring (wasn't being given the situational play at Florida)
+ Can actually win a heap of faceoffs (something we miss)
+ Added Veteran experience (will help with players like Jost, Bowers, Kaut down the road)
+ Didn't lose one solitary player, not a pick in this years draft
+ Is UFA at seasons end, so nothing to lose really

What's not to love? AAA+

Someone posted earlier he is 45% in faceoffs. Not exactly great.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Someone posted earlier he is 45% in faceoffs. Not exactly great.

In Florida. He spent part of the season in Pittsburg with a slight increase in percentage there. Even so, that would place him 6th overall on our team. He's also normally closer to 50%. If your winning half your faceoffs, I'm happy with that. Because that's one element of may others, including leadership he brings.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Plus, I don't expect him to ever play with Bowers and Kaut.

Why not? Sakic put a conditional 6th rounder in there for a reason - he plans/wants to re-sign him. Brassard is a 2C or 3C. Where do you play Kaut or Bowers if / when they make the line-up?

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Why not? Sakic put a conditional 6th rounder in there for a reason - he plans/wants to re-sign him. Brassard is a 2C or 3C. Where do you play Kaut or Bowers if / when they make the line-up?
We get the 6th rounder if we don't re-sign him. He's a 3C on this team this year, ideally a 4C but we're having some growing pains. If he's still a 3C next year, we'll have a problem. He's not very good iirc. I haven't watched him closely by any means, though, so maybe I'm underrating him. I doubt it, though.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
We get the 6th rounder if we don't re-sign him. He's a 3C on this team this year, ideally a 4C but we're having some growing pains. If he's still a 3C next year, we'll have a problem. He's not very good iirc. I haven't watched him closely by any means, though, so maybe I'm underrating him. I doubt it, though.

I think you might, to a degree mate (with all due respect). He's just turned 31 (so should be in his prime). He went down in the depth chart at The Penguins behind guys like Crosby and Malkin, and was traded to Florida, who also played him , mostly without utilizing his experience or ability. If we play him as a 2C, I could easily see a 45-60 point player, especially if he lands a Rantanen or Landeskog on his wing.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I think you might, to a degree mate (with all due respect). He's just turned 31 (so should be in his prime). He went down in the depth chart at The Penguins behind guys like Crosby and Malkin, and was traded to Florida, who also played him , mostly without utilizing his experience or ability. If we play him as a 2C, I could easily see a 45-60 point player, especially if he lands a Rantanen or Landeskog on his wing.
No way. Just not a chance.

Reactions: hockey07278771

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That would fit Cobra's theory that Joe is a secret mastermind who just happens to get off on torturing me specifically.

Said every person ever who believes in the Devil. The great thing about it? You can't prove me wrong..

Reactions: cgf

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC

You’re underrating him.

He may not be good enough to keep around next year but you seem borderline downright unfamiliar with him as a player.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
You’re underrating him.

He may not be good enough to keep around next year but you seem borderline downright unfamiliar with him as a player.
I'm not very familiar with him, that's true. I've seen him play a few times, though. We'll see. I'd rather be happy cheering for the Avs than being right.

Reactions: Barklez

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The only reason that Sakic could make that trade is that Kroenke didn’t have to pay for Brassard’s flight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad