TSN: COL/FLA: Brassard + Conditional 2020 6th for 2020 3rd

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Nalens Oga pointed out that this 6th rounder is the 6th pick acquired by Sakic in his 6 years as GM. Brassard also wears 18 - 666. That's two devils in one player. Almost as good as Miroslav Satan.

Reactions: RareDangles

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm with Burke, he's a very lukewarm player for me. Offence talent is absolutely there, but it will definitely be interesting how he produces in Bednar's heavy forecheque system - he seems more for the finesse style such as Sabres, Canadians, Lightning, Penguins, or Canucks. The problem is that half of those teams are already deep at centre and Brassard doesn't really have that grinding type of game in his character. He helps sure up the depth and should absolutely help on the PP.

I'm perfectly fine with Avs as buyers, especially when you see that Stars didn't get better with that terrible situation to Zuc and that the Wild clearly acted as sellers this TDL. IMHO, we should pay more attention to the teams behind us than Minny in front of us.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

The most annoying thing about the brassard trade is this annoying guy making a video about it

This is the guy who starts talking hockey at a party and everyone just cringes. Soderberg and Brassard going to split ice time? Ok.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I actually won't be all that surprised if he starts doing well here. He used to be a legit top 6er and he's not that old. He was slotted in a bottom 6 role in Pittsburgh due to circumstances and he didn't do well but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's done. He's an offensive player, not a shutdown C like they wanted over there.

I really liked him with the Rags and he was fine too with the Sens.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I actually won't be all that surprised if he starts doing well here. He used to be a legit top 6er and he's not that old. He was slotted in a bottom 6 role in Pittsburgh due to circumstances and he didn't do well but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's done. He's an offensive player, not a shutdown C like they wanted over there.

Yeah that’s where I’m at. I think they can now use Soda in the role they want him and give Brassard some good offensive minutes and I bet he could produce at a ~50 point pace.

I see Brassard and immediately think of Kadri in Toronto and see a similar situation.

Reactions: Balthazar

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I could see Sakic viewing Brassard as a bit of a backup plan incase he swings and misses on acquiring a top 6 C this offseason too. Barring that he does well this season.

Reactions: shadow1

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's a pretty accurate comparison indeed. Kadri started to suck when he was asked to play 3C instead of 2C.

Just way less ice time to produce so I can definitely see if he can like 17-18 minutes a night instead of the 15 he’s been playing this year and it could definitely be a boon for him offensively.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

He should be a player who ages quite well if Avs like him enough to re-sign him.

Reactions: Balthazar

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Our organization has been interested in Brassard since his draft year. This move came as no surprise to many of us. He checked all the boxes; center, ex-Blue Jacket, longtime target, etc.

We really gave up nothing for him, so I’m fine with the trade. He provides some secondary scoring and is a much better player than Kerfoot/Andrighetto. My issue is it’s yet another tweener who doesn’t provide much jam, nor is it a difference making forward.

I am sure he will come in and get some points, and considering the prices out there, he didn’t cost much. I would have preferred a Zucker or even Chiasson myself, but it is what it is.

I fully expect us to extend him, too. Let’s hope it isn’t for too much money and term.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
I'm fine with the price, we can't do anything with 3rd round picks anyway so this just saves us a disappointment.

Hopefully he can be a solid player in both ends

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad