TSN: COL/FLA: Brassard + Conditional 2020 6th for 2020 3rd

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Don’t care much for Brassard but still an amazing trade. It’s been mentioned many times that a 3rd and a 6th has near equivalent probability of becoming an NHL player.

Plus if Brassard gets extended and we don’t get that 6th it’s because Brassard was impactful enough to earn that extension.

He isn’t what he was but he’s a solid option as a 3C and a whole lot better than any of our internal options.

This trade is as close to a free asset as you can really get.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Good buy low price on Brassard. I didn't really want Brassard at a typical rental price, but he's a good addition with upside for a 3rd. Scoring is down this year, but he could fit in well with the Avs system.

Interested whether he'll play center or wing, given Jost is starting to look solid at center. Gives Bednar options at least.

Reactions: McMetal

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I actually don't mind this at all. The Avs need help up front, and he's a relatively cheap buy low guy.

Reactions: MacBradley

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
So the lines will be when everyone is healthy?

Ghetto Mack Kerfoot
Nieto Soda Rants
Landy Jost Brassard
Calvert Compher Wilson

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So the lines will be when everyone is healthy?

Ghetto Mack Kerfoot
Nieto Soda Rants
Landy Jost Brassard
Calvert Compher Wilson

They'd be stupid not to try Brassard at #2C and see if he can't be rejuvenated in a larger role again IMO. Or putting him at wing with MacK or something. The reason he didn't work in Pit was because they tried to use him in the Soda role.

Reactions: Balthazar

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
They'd be stupid not to try Brassard at #2C and see if he can't be rejuvenated in a larger role again IMO. Or putting him at wing with MacK or something. The reason he didn't work in Pit was because they tried to use him in the Soda role.

I think that makes sense too, but playing with Landy and Jost isn't really that much of a slight I don't think.

Would you move Kerfoot off of the top line. Then where would you put Kerfoot, because he doesn't really fit on the Landy line.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think that makes sense too, but playing with Landy and Jost isn't really that much of a slight I don't think.

Would you move Kerfoot off of the top line. Then where would you put Kerfoot, because he doesn't really fit on the Landy line.

I wasn't meaning to point specifically at your lineup, but they need to use him at center and in a real role. Which shouldn't be a problem since Ghetto was in the top 9 at times lol.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Very happy with this trade especially considering what it costs us. We upgraded our roster with a player that can potentially produce at .5 PPG pace for basically nothing. Well done Sakic.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I wasn't meaning to point specifically at your lineup, but they need to use him at center and in a real role. Which shouldn't be a problem since Ghetto was in the top 9 at times lol.

Yeah I understand. I'm just curious who they are going to put him with in a 2C role. I also don't think that Bednar will want to break the lineup up and the way its currently set up since they just won 4 in a row doing it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I think I'd at least try to go back to the top line, and see if Brassard can push guys down enough to make an impact. Then try crazy stuff after that.

Yeah I understand. I'm just curious who they are going to put him with in a 2C role. I also don't think that Bednar will want to break the lineup up and the way its currently set up since they just won 4 in a row doing it.

Yeah but they could never find someone to play with Kefoot and Compher that was actually on their level when they were going. Now you have that guy.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I liked Brassard a lot with the Rangers and Sens. Obviously, he struggled big time in Pittsburgh. But I think this is a decent gamble.

Almost a year ago to the day, Pittsburgh traded a 1st rounder+ for Brassard. Let’s hope he can recapture his 50-60 point form the rest of the season.

Reactions: MacBradley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->