Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You are going to be wrong.

I have seen him progress in the last three years astronomically. He has had a fantastic career at the junior level making majority of his points by his work ethic, anyone with his work ethic will always progress.

Oh here we go... the Tebow argument. The thread isn't the place for this debate (gladly debate it elsewhere, but this thread should be about Palushaj), and the answer isn't going to be known for at least a couple of years.

Huis Clos*

You are going to be wrong.

I have seen him progress in the last three years astronomically. He has had a fantastic career at the junior level making majority of his points by his work ethic, anyone with his work ethic will always progress.

What team employs you as a scout?

Analyzer*

Pu-lu-shy, i swear that name sounds familiar, did he play for Canada in the WJC?

States.

Originally a St. Louis Blues draft pick. Traded for Matt D'agostini.

Pa-Loo-Shy

He's not very talented. He works very hard and he will get smoked quite frequently. He'll try to level people but miss. He at least makes a really loud noise when he crashes into the boards.

If Joe Sacco likes those hard working, but minimal skilled players, then you'll hate Aaron Palushaj. He'll get top minutes and miss.

The one bright spot is he has an alright shot. So, if he does get top minutes with whomever is healthy he might be able to pot one, or two. However, I wouldn't count on it.

Lake Erie and Hamilton may play often, but Palushaj has been hurt for a while now, so he missed many games.

That too. His injury, so his timing and all that will be off for the first game, or two.

Good luck to him and to the Avs regardless.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I guess we can thank Theo for our only Playoff series win in the last several years. :dunno:

O'Byrne was a solid pickup last year, I think for him it's just getting re-adjusted to NHL level of competition, because he was never that great of a player, just a solid defender.

I'm wondering if this is the reason a lot of defensive D men, including most of ours are having a bit of a tough go after the layoff and short camp.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If Joe Sacco likes those hard working, but minimal skilled players, then you'll hate Aaron Palushaj. He'll get top minutes and miss.

This guy approves.

Sacco092109.jpg

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
States.

Originally a St. Louis Blues draft pick. Traded for Matt D'agostini.

Pa-Loo-Shy

He's not very talented. He works very hard and he will get smoked quite frequently. He'll try to level people but miss. He at least makes a really loud noise when he crashes into the boards.

The one bright spot is he has an alright shot. So, if he does get top minutes with whomever is healthy he might be able to pot one, or two. However, I wouldn't count on it.

Lake Erie and Hamilton may play often, but Palushaj has been hurt for a while now, so he missed many games.

That too. His injury, so his timing and all that will be off for the first game, or two.

Good luck to him and to the Avs regardless.

Sounds like Kevin Porter.

Does he have a nice cookie duster? Our team is missing that 32 year old, that likes to hang out in the park and occasionally stroke his dirty mustache vibe.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Don't really care about this signing tbh.

Although I guess he'll put up PPG until he gets injured.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I guess after looking very hard, the Avs found the cheapest possible forward to replace all their injured forwards.

Good job, bring in the playoffs and the cup!!!!!!:laugh:

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Another Porter to fill play a few min till Jones is healthy I guess. Would rather they claimed Boychuk but whatever, not like it will ultimately matter.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'm actually quite intrigued by this. I watched a few Hamilton Bulldogs games this year and remember thinking that he looked pretty good. Plus, if our organization does one thing right it's Pro Scouting.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Love the image above the headline on the Post's site.

Avs claim Aaron Palushaj from Canadiens

20130111__AvsSacco011113~p1_300.jpg

The excuse train has already left the station apparently too. ""With the shortened season, we thought we'd be facing some injuries, but it's a little bit more than I had hoped for," Sacco said. "Some other teams are going through similar situations, but maybe not quite to the extent that we are."

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_22524406/avs-claim-aaron-palushaj-from-canadiens

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Love the image above the headline on the Post's site.

Avs claim Aaron Palushaj from Canadiens

20130111__AvsSacco011113~p1_300.jpg

The excuse train has already left the building apparently too. ""With the shortened season, we thought we'd be facing some injuries, but it's a little bit more than I had hoped for," Sacco said. "Some other teams are going through similar situations, but maybe not quite to the extent that we are."

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_22524406/avs-claim-aaron-palushaj-from-canadiens

I can't wait to see Sacco year 5 :yo:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well...we'll see. The Avs cited injuries as an excuse in that horrid '08-09 campaign, yet still fired the GM and coach after the end of the season. I'm reasonably confident that if this season continues the way it is right now, that will happen again even if the Avs are using a top line of Bordeleau - Malone - Van der Gulik by season's end.

I have a feeling a shakeup is going to happen no matter what. As someone else said, Sakic has been groomed for a major front office role for a while now.

Zandar

Jan 20, 2007
We will see in time who is right and who is wrong. Just because he had a good junior career doesn't mean that he will be anything in the NHL, lots and lots of players have great junior careers and they don't amount to anything. Sometimes things don't translate well, and I personally think the Bournival is one of those players.

Also, I'm not just judging his offensive game in Hamilton. His overall game hasn't been very good there (doesn't help that his team is terrible).

Bournival is a very good player. He's one of those you can't use stats to gauge and he isnt the type of player you can use rookie numbers as a gauge. He wants to be better and pushes himself to be. He will adjust to the A and what he needs to do then follow suit when he makes the jump to the NHL. Can not discount how strong he is and how good he could be defensively in the pros.
How many times have we heard the Avs say they didnt really want to move a player? Rather than make the cut and paste quote, they stated how hard it was for them to trade MB. He will be an NHLer unless something serious happens to him.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I'm not expecting a lot, but I am somewhat intrigued by this pickup. Palushaj had the best on-ice shot differential of any Habs player last season without getting much sheltering. His situation was actually nearly identical to Johnny Malkin's, though obviously on a much poorer team.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I'm not expecting a lot, but I am somewhat intrigued by this pickup. Palushaj had the best on-ice shot differential of any Habs player last season without getting much sheltering. His situation was actually nearly identical to Johnny Malkin's, though obviously on a much poorer team.
I'd actually like to see a

Olver/McLeod/Kobasew-Mitchell-Palushaj 3rd line.

If not, then we could try Palushaj with Staz with Jones/Hejduk on the other side.
Palushaj is a right winger and a righty, but does anyone know if he can also play the left side?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad