Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
:laugh: Good point Ex-Tex

On a serious note, how do you pronounce his last name?

Pa-Lu-Shal

And he has all the tools but hasn't been able to stick in the NHL. Was one of the better forwards in the AHL this year, until he got hurt. Then again, besides Gallagher, our AHL team is WEAK up front. lol

Anyway, hope he works out for you.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I'm going to laugh real hard, if he comes in and maybe has a couple good games in a row and gets maybe something like 3pts in 2 games or something to start off, and all these Montreal fans are going to come here and complain and wonder why he never did that while he was there etc.

But on a serious note, I really don't mind the pickup he can't be any worse than some of the guys we are playing right now like Borderleau or VDG. Hopefully when we get healthy he is a player that can be a borderline AHL/NHL player that we can call up if there is an emergency. Its a low risk, medium reward type move. Worse case he is terrible and goes to Erie or gets waived, best case he comes in and proves he can play at an NHL level and he just needed some extra ice time to get there. Obviously our scouts saw something they liked or we wouldn't have claimed him, hopefully they can pull a rabbit out of a hat.

I expect the line tomorrow to be:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Jones-Stastny-Hejduk
Kobasew-Mitchell-Palushaj
Olver-Sgarbossa-McCleod

I think Borderleau will get the nachos tomorrow if not him Kobasew (though I think he has played pretty hard for us), not because he has played terrible but because I see him as a Koci type who only needs to play on certain nights.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Bordeleau has taken four minor penalties the last four games. He has to play with some discipline to stay in the lineup.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Was Sherman playing NHL 13?
Its funny to see this cause there was this thread on Operation sports (which is a sports games forum) that was about underrated players on NHL 13 so for example a guy like Jan Mursak is rated like a 62 but he scores goals like he was Stamkos and he flies like the wind , its funny
the next year his rating jumps up to an 82, Palushaj is the same way.
And he was a player I was trying to get before he got better and more expensive.

Landeskog The Viking

Duchene The Boss
Jul 5, 2007
NS Canada
Yeah we don't claim anyone. :sarcasm:

Palushaj is a pretty good forward with good potential. I think Boychuk has more potential, but Aaron is a safer player. I actually like this.

Palushaj boasts well-honed game all around, with a combination of hockey intelligence, speed, and work ethic. He can stickhandle and make smart passes, and isn't afraid to fight for possession of the puck.

Maybe a PA 2.0? probably not but if he does end up being a late bloomer won't be with us i figure

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Honestly when I first seen his name I thought... ahh great another Euro try. We seem to fail hard at our European attempts at getting a diamond in the rough.

But with him being a North American player, I have much more faith that he could turn into something if we actually took a chance on him. Wilson was basically an un-drafted throw in and look how he turned out.

McGinn? Sgarbossa? Wilson? Winnik? We have actually had some success in this area. Obviously not 'expecting' anything but I'm hopeful based on our past scouting ability.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I think mgmt is still looking for help up front.
But they're looking for the right deal, not just a deal "right now".
Palushaj buys them time. Time to maybe work something out around ROR, time to find the right guy and not have to overpay in a desperation trade, etc.
The guy could work out, or he could flop. At least they're trying something.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I'll admit that I do not know as much about LEM as I wish I did, but this seems like a win-win for the Avs. A 2way contract at a relatively small amount for a winger with some offensive skill, some NHL playing experience, and on a team lacking winger depth throughout the organization, this just seems like a nice low risk-high reward move by the FO.

I'm not expecting a 50pt season from the guy, but he looks like he can fit in well for now in the bottom 6.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
60 seems like a number that's more suited for a "temp", while 17 seems like a number that's given to a regular roster player.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Everytime I see #60, I think stinky glovehand for some reason...

[edit...was that Frenchy's avatar?]

AvsFanRCN

Dec 21, 2011
Victoria, BC, Canada
Already posted this in the GDT threat but I think it belongs here, I think we've found a nickname for the guy

aaron-palushaj-blake-geoffrion-halloween.jpg

Woody is much easier to pronounce than Palushaj

ryanMcEZ

Sep 22, 2011
Hamilton
I have seen Palushaj play in a ton of games at Copps and he is a great AHL forward with a scoring touch. Decent defensively from what I can recall. He was always one of my favourite Dogs. Is he a NHL calibre forward is yet to be seen. I like the pick up nonetheless.

Last edited:

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
You are wrong,

- His style of game is that of ROR.
- Judging his offensive game on his rookie season is stupid. He had a fantastic offensive career in juniors.
- Was used on both the PP and PK.
- Was captain of the team.
- Won the Memorial Cup as captain.
- He will be a less talented version of ROR (3rd to 4th line centre that kills penalties and secondary scoring forward)

In other words HE will be a NHL player and you are wrong.

Woah, woah, woah...

I mean, what you guys are discussing, THAT'S what scouting is...a matter of opinion. On one hand, it's a little early to be saying that a 20 year old is never going to make it to the show. Everything points to Bournival showing good progression in junior and this season as a 1st year pro. [1st year pro is the key phrase here, you can't base anything off of that]

On the flip side, you can say that you've seen him play and that 100% for sure he'll be an NHL player but you can NEVER really guarantee that about anybody because you just don't really know until the kid gets there and proves it. Everyone though TJ Hensick was going to be a solid NHLer same with Jamie Lundmark. The list goes on and on.

The point is, you can say you disagree but to come out and say henchman is just flat wrong because he disagrees with your opinion, comes off as arrogant. Send each other private messages and see in 3 years what's what.

Personally, I think Bournival probably makes the NHL as a bottom 6 forward. I think, if all goes well*, he'll likely have a career comparable to a guy like Darren Helm or Jim Slater, somewhere around there.

*that's if all goes well AND if he can prove that he's not on steroids...I mean WTF??

31522_10150196830625386_505210385_12581035_3113675_n1.jpg

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
How long does he have to stay with the Avs before we can send him down again? Would he have to go through waivers again?

Just curious, I found he played decent enough today.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I thought he played great today.

Only thing I could say he did wrong was shooting the puck when he could've hold on to it and look for a pass.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Played good enough though, but he needs to learn how to stay on his skates. With as decimated at this team is, he will stick for at least a while to prove himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad