Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
So apparently he's one of those guys that isn't suited for a bottom-6 role.

So I'm going to anticipate a 4th line of Palushaj-Sgar-Bordy

F***ing Sacco :facepalm:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
ROB was never anything beyond a number six. For what we paid, I don't consider it a good move.

You could put Theo in there for a little while as well

We paid with a mid-level prospect who likely won't ever make the NHL in any real capacity. I doubt that Bournival will play the ~150 games in the NHL that O'Byrne has already played for us. O'Byrne may only be a bottom pairing defender, but until this year he has been nothing but solid defensively.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We paid with a mid-level prospect who likely won't ever make the NHL in any real capacity. I doubt that Bournival will play the ~150 games in the NHL that O'Byrne has already played for us. O'Byrne may only be a bottom pairing defender, but until this year he has been nothing but solid defensively.

Bournival is definitely going to make the NHL.....

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I absolutely can not wait until Mike Haynes and Peter McNab start butchering his name tomorrow night.

Good times. :handclap:

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000

He's decent defensively. He's actually a lot better in transition than I expected, but his defense down low leaves a lot to be desired for a huge guy. Add that in with ECHL puck skills and you have a number six defender.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Bournival is definitely going to make the NHL.....

I disagree. I don't see his offensive game translating, nor do I see him being able to play his style of game effectively in the NHL. I know it is very early, but he hasn't looked very good at all for Hamilton. He is at very least years away from contributing.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He's decent defensively. He's actually a lot better in transition than I expected, but his defense down low leaves a lot to be desired for a huge guy. Add that in with ECHL puck skills and you have a number six defender.

Still much better than a mid-level prospect. We have gotten at least 2 years, and if he finishes the season with us 3 years of a RD out of him. If he is traded at the deadline he will bring in a late 2nd or 3rd round for somebody looking to shore up their defense. Which would put the mid-level prospect back into the system.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Palushaj boasts well-honed game all around, with a combination of hockey intelligence, speed, and work ethic. He can stickhandle and make smart passes, and isn't afraid to fight for possession of the puck.
hey, someone who seems to have actually watched him play and doesn't put the label bust on him only because he failed to have an offensive impact while playing 6 minutes a game with 4th liners in Montreal (obv not speaking of Avs fans).

I'm happy the guy will get his chance.

Only thing is, coming off injury and probably having to prove himself right away might not be ideal. Hopefully he will be 100% healthy when he plays and excitement will help shaking off the rust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad