Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Well I guess it can't hurt to give him a try. I guess this means we'll waive DvG, who I thought did ok in his couple of games here.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Maybe not Wednesday, but from reading what Habs fans say, eventually it could look like this while Lando is out

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Palushaj-Stazz-Jones (not sure which one is more suited off wing)
McCleod-Mitchell-Kobesew/Heduk
Olver-Sgarb-Bords

DVD back to LEM
But you know Sacco...Palushaj will start well and then probably sit for weeks

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Maybe not Wednesday, but from reading what Habs fans say, eventually it could look like this while Lando is out

McGinn-Dutch-PAP
Palushaj-Stazz-Jones (not sure which one is more suited off wing)
McCleod-Mitchell-Kobesew/Heduk
Olver-Sgarb-Bords

DVD back to LEM
But you know Sacco...Palushaj will start well and then probably sit for weeks

Yeah, I know Sacco...
He'll move Bordy up to Staz's wing, and play Palushaj on the 4th line.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I hope (assuming Jones is out):

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Sgarbossa-Stastny-Hejduk
Highlander-Mitchell-Palushaj
Kobasew-Olver-Bords

What I expect:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Mitchell-Stastny-Hejduk
McLeod-Olver-Kobasew
Bords-Sgarbossa-Palushaj

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I hope (assuming Jones is out):

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Sgarbossa-Stastny-Hejduk
Highlander-Mitchell-Palushaj
Kobasew-Olver-Bords

What I expect:

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Mitchell-Stastny-Hejduk
McLeod-Olver-Kobasew
Bords-Sgarbossa-Palushaj

I think the Avs are trying to groom Sgarbossa at center for if/when the O'Reilly thing goes completely south and we have to trade O'Reilly. So then the future would be Duchene, Stastny, Sgarbossa as the top 3 guys.

I highly doubt we see Sgarbossa playing wing much at all.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Dater tweeted that Parenteau and O'Brien weren't at practice today. Stay tuned...

maintenance day for PAP; SOB traded?

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Brian Engblom mentioned last night that Lando would be out for the foreseeable future, so it does not sound like he is coming back anytime soon.

If he's got a concussion just sit him for the whole year. No point risking anything in this short season.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
maintenance day for PAP; SOB traded?

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please

Dude...how rude, you forgot to say "Please". :sarcasm:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I disagree. I don't see his offensive game translating, nor do I see him being able to play his style of game effectively in the NHL. I know it is very early, but he hasn't looked very good at all for Hamilton. He is at very least years away from contributing.

You are wrong,

- His style of game is that of ROR.
- Judging his offensive game on his rookie season is stupid. He had a fantastic offensive career in juniors.
- Was used on both the PP and PK.
- Was captain of the team.
- Won the Memorial Cup as captain.
- He will be a less talented version of ROR (3rd to 4th line centre that kills penalties and secondary scoring forward)

In other words HE will be a NHL player and you are wrong.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I think the Avs are trying to groom Sgarbossa at center for if/when the O'Reilly thing goes completely south and we have to trade O'Reilly. So then the future would be Duchene, Stastny, Sgarbossa as the top 3 guys.

I highly doubt we see Sgarbossa playing wing much at all.

I agree that is probably what is happening. I would still like to see what he could do on the wing though.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
No, silly. I'm not saying they're getting ready to trade those players, I'm worried those players might be piling onto our ever-increasing IR.

Doy!

I am super silly...

O'Brien, sure, might as well.

But if PAP were (hypothetically) injured, let's just call it "Good Game" this year and regroup for next year.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You are wrong,

- His style of game is that of ROR.
- Judging his offensive game on his rookie season is stupid. He had a fantastic offensive career in juniors.
- Was used on both the PP and PK.
- Was captain of the team.
- Won the Memorial Cup as captain.
- He will be a weaker version of ROR (3rd to 4th line centre that kills penalties and secondary scoring forward)

In other words HE will be a NHL player and you are wrong.

We will see in time who is right and who is wrong. Just because he had a good junior career doesn't mean that he will be anything in the NHL, lots and lots of players have great junior careers and they don't amount to anything. Sometimes things don't translate well, and I personally think the Bournival is one of those players.

Also, I'm not just judging his offensive game in Hamilton. His overall game hasn't been very good there (doesn't help that his team is terrible).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
A guess is that this player is someone who was on Avs radar but not someone they wanted to trade for and have to provide a spot for. But with the injuries and him being free, why not? This allows them to send vdG down and help LEM. If it doesn't work out we'll waive him and Habs get him back for their farm team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
We will see in time who is right and who is wrong. Just because he had a good junior career doesn't mean that he will be anything in the NHL, lots and lots of players have great junior careers and they don't amount to anything. Sometimes things don't translate well, and I personally think the Bournival is one of those players.

Also, I'm not just judging his offensive game in Hamilton. His overall game hasn't been very good there (doesn't help that his team is terrible).

You are going to be wrong.

I have seen him progress in the last three years astronomically. He has had a fantastic career at the junior level making majority of his points by his work ethic, anyone with his work ethic will always progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad