Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I have come to the conclusion that we could sign just about any "Nobody forward" off free agency or the waiver wire and they will come in and and post decent numbers for the Avs.

My guess is there is something in the Colorado water. But I have been impressed with Pajamas so far. Sure he isn't the best player out there, but he is definitely doing more than anybody thought he would. And certainly exceeding the expectations that he was brought in for.

I mean, I don't want to overreact on just a few games, but from what I've seen so far, this has been a great signing.

Well at the very least he's gotten some points so thats a plus. As a waiver wire pick-up I wasn't expecting much, a few good games here or there with some points. However the past three games when he's been on Stastny's line, he has not looked out of place. And that is always a plus. I was afraid he would be an offensive black hole, so far he hasn't forced me to get my pitchfork.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Long-term, I could see him replacing Hejduk on the 3rd line. Maybe next year we'll see...

Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau
Olver - ???? - Palushaj
McLeod - Mitchell - Malone(?)

Just depends on who we get for O'Reilly I guess.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I don't know that Plushy belongs on the bottom 6.
If we don't have a place for him on the top 6, I think we have to trade him.
We can play him this year, hopefully, and let him rack up some points and some value.
Then get something for him at the deadline.
Getting something for a freebie would sit okay with me.

(He isn't signed beyond this year, is he?)
(Maybe sign him to a 2-way, send him down, and trade him when/if we can?)

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We can play him this year, hopefully, and let him rack up some points and some value.

Yea he seems like a top 6 or bust kind of guy.

He's an RFA at the end of the year. His future with the team depends on what their roster looks like at the end of the season, and after the draft.

When I watch him play, I kind of get the feeling he's playing at his peak right now, but I very well could be wrong. Like he could fall into a funk at any minute, and be totally useless for 3/4 of a season.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Too early to tell for the long term, but if he continues to produce and not look terribly out of place, he at the very least allows the Avs to go full on towards trading Jones.

McGinn-Duchene-PAP
Lando-Stastny-Palushaj
McLeod-Mitchell-Hejduk
Choice of Thug-Olver-Kobasew

Trading Jones may be next to impossible at the deadline, but if the Avs do not work hard to do it they will have made a huge mistake. Give him away to clear the cap space and salary.

Use the money this summer to make a much bigger addition via the UFA market or at the very least to add 2-3 third/4th line players.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA

Just a quick clarification please.
Pajamas shows up looking like a 2 way contract on CapGeek. Since we claimed him off waivers, how long is it before he can be sent down if his play does drop off?

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Just a quick clarification please.
Pajamas shows up looking like a 2 way contract on CapGeek. Since we claimed him off waivers, how long is it before he can be sent down if his play does drop off?

He'll always have to go through waivers.
Only way we can "send" him down without waivers is to sign him to a new deal in the summer and start him in the AHL.
The only difference between a 2-way deal and a 1-way deal is that 2-way deals have different wages in AHL and NHL.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
He'll always have to go through waivers.
Only way we can "send" him down without waivers is to sign him to a new deal in the summer and start him in the AHL.
The only difference between a 2-way deal and a 1-way deal is that 2-way deals have different wages in AHL and NHL.

Thank you. :)

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Palushaj has a good snap shot, I've yet to really see him use anything else effectively. His positioning is good, but his balance and skating are weak as well as his strength with the puck. He hasn't shown me anything that really screams strong passer either.

Seems like he's destined to be another one of the long line of Stastny wingers he gels with and temporarily elevates and will then flame out. I'd love to be wrong though, he has potential if he takes this opportunity and works hard over the summer to improve his strength and skating.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Palushaj has a good snap shot, I've yet to really see him use anything else effectively. His positioning is good, but his balance and skating are weak as well as his strength with the puck. He hasn't shown me anything that really screams strong passer either.

Seems like he's destined to be another one of the long line of Stastny wingers he gels with and temporarily elevates and will then flame out. I'd love to be wrong though, he has potential if he takes this opportunity and works hard over the summer to improve his strength and skating.

He threw couple good passes in last game. Problem was Stastny was crashing the net and he's not really goal scorer.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
From what I've seen I don't think he'll amount to much. He should be in the ahl soon enough. Still early tho.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
his skating and passing are actually among his strengths.
(it's not the end of the world if he often falls)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->