Waived: COL claims Aaron Palushaj

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Pajamas reminds me of a softer and more inconsistent Fleischmann. He's got some talent and promise, but it's hard to get a good read on what kind of NHL player he can become. I think he'll need to get much stronger, and make his defensive game one of his strengths from the wing to carve out a consistent niche in the league.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pajamas reminds me of a softer and more inconsistent Fleischmann. He's got some talent and promise, but it's hard to get a good read on what kind of NHL player he can become. I think he'll need to get much stronger, and make his defensive game one of his strengths from the wing to carve out a consistent niche in the league.

Yup as Foppa says it; he has talent that cannot be teached, but his weakness is from off-ice training that through dedication can be easily fixed. If he fixes his physicality and gains muscle I think he could be a good top 6 forward.

SmurfInABlender

Jul 11, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK

Put him on what ever magic Duchene got wrapped up in this summer.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Overall, I have been pretty pleased with his play. I admittedly had low expectations though. It is going to be interesting to see what happens to him when Landeskog comes back. No way he stays in the top 6 with McGinn, PAP, Landeskog, and Jones around.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Overall, I have been pretty pleased with his play. I admittedly had low expectations though. It is going to be interesting to see what happens to him when Landeskog comes back. No way he stays in the top 6 with McGinn, PAP, Landeskog, and Jones around.

Drop Jones to the 3rd or 4th line problem solved. Pulshaj has done more in a handful of games then Jones has all year

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Drop Jones to the 3rd or 4th line problem solved. Pulshaj has done more in a handful of games then Jones has all year

While I don't totally disagree, Jones will get every opportunity to keep his spot next to Stastny. He will have to be worse than he has this season so far.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Agreed with Kingslayer. Keep Palushaj with Stastny and have Landeskog play the LW on that line. Would like to see what Stastny and Lando can do together (I expected them to play together when Lando was first drafted).

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Agreed with Kingslayer. Keep Palushaj with Stastny and have Landeskog play the LW on that line. Would like to see what Stastny and Lando can do together (I expected them to play together when Lando was first drafted).

Agreed.

McPing-Duchene-PAP
Lando-Stastny-Palushaj
McLeod-Malkin-Duke
Jones-Olver-Kobasew

I'm hesitant to pull McLeod off of that line, he's played pretty well there.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Agreed.

McPing-Duchene-PAP
Lando-Stastny-Palushaj
McLeod-Malkin-Duke
Jones-Olver-Kobasew

I'm hesitant to pull McLeod off of that line, he's played pretty well there.

McLeod has been better than he has been for many years! I also think we should send Sgarbossa down now. No point in having him up unless there is a spot for him.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
At $4m per Jones will be kept with Stastny until he absolutely proves that he doesn't belong on that line. I don't disagree with keeping Palushaj with Stastny, it just won't happen right away.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
McLeod has been better than he has been for many years! I also think we should send Sgarbossa down now. No point in having him up unless there is a spot for him.

I would prefer to put Sgar in the lineup, but I'm not a coach and we know we're not gonna let a 4m/year player ride pine :laugh: . So yeah, we should just send him down, especially if Lando could make a return shortly.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I would prefer to put Sgar in the lineup, but I'm not a coach and we know we're not gonna let a 4m/year player ride pine :laugh: . So yeah, we should just send him down, especially if Lando could make a return shortly.

IF Jones were to drop to the "4th" line it would actually work very well to have Sgar center Jones and Kobasew. Would be more of a scoring line 3b. Mitchell's line would be 3a and an energy type line. Sgar would compliment Jones and Kobe more than Olver I think. Easily alows Sacco to role 4 lines more comfortably.

Probably time to send Bordy and his 3 minutes a game back to LEM for a bit.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I thought both Jones and Palushaj were solid today. Both had decent tempo to their skate staggering and tried to hit people.

I think we all know Jones is going to play with Stastny until he is so poor that Sacco has no choice. Palushaj will be on a lower line.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
i think he has played well, if he puts all of his effort into the off season from conditioning to skating i think he will be a very nice addtion for our offense.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think Palushaj has been very solid for us. People have to remember that he really hasn't had much NHL experience and when he has played it was mainly on the 4th line in limited minutes.

What I like is that he doesn't mind going to dirty areas, he is a quality skater and he isn't a liability on the defensive side of things. He has shown that he more than deserves to get some playing time when we start to get healthier to see if he can continue to score.

Gabe84

Bring back Bonk!
Feb 13, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think Palushaj has been very solid for us. People have to remember that he really hasn't had much NHL experience and when he has played it was mainly on the 4th line in limited minutes.

What I like is that he doesn't mind going to dirty areas, he is a quality skater and he isn't a liability on the defensive side of things. He has shown that he more than deserves to get some playing time when we start to get healthier to see if he can continue to score.

He really wasn't given much of a chance with the Canadiens but fared well, overall, in the AHL (except this season). He would've gotten a longer look had the season started in October, but his poor stint with the Bulldogs this year didn't convince anyone in Montreal. He needed the kind of opportunity the Avs are giving him and I'm very happy for him. He definitely needs to get stronger and play with more of an edge but the rest of his tools are pretty good.

I hope he keeps it up and give the coaching staff some tough decisions when the injured players come back!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Impressed with his game, hard worker who never stops skating(and falling, but only a minor issue) and has a pretty quick release.

Could create a very interesting situation for the Avs next year or even this year. With Downie, Landy, and potentially ROR or whatever we get for ROR being added to the roster, we could have a sizeable amount of offensive depth.

McGinn - Duchene - PAP
Landy - Stastny - Jones
Downie - Sgarbossa - Pajamas
McCleod - Malkin - Olver

3 scoring lines next year, and an effective 4th line. Assuming we don't resign Kobasew and Duke retires. Not a bad offense at all. Use ROR to trade for a Top 4 Dman with upside. Lets say for example it ends up being ROR + Elliott for MDZ + Miller, and then we draft a Dman with our pick, for the sake of this will say we suck and get Jones in the draft:

MDZ - EJ
Hejda - Barrie
Orrbrien - Jones

Hell of a team right there IMO, solid Defensive core, and a deep offense with Miller still waiting in the wings.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I have come to the conclusion that we could sign just about any "Nobody forward" off free agency or the waiver wire and they will come in and and post decent numbers for the Avs.

My guess is there is something in the Colorado water. But I have been impressed with Pajamas so far. Sure he isn't the best player out there, but he is definitely doing more than anybody thought he would. And certainly exceeding the expectations that he was brought in for.

I mean, I don't want to overreact on just a few games, but from what I've seen so far, this has been a great signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad