Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avs Sign Devon Toews (4 Years, $4.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Funny how this is a great contract but when the Habs signed Edmundson, who is 4 months older, played 221 mores NHL games, scored 8 less points last year and is signed $600k less/yr most were saying it was a terrible contract.

Oh and also Edmundston cost a 5th round pick while Toews cost 2 second rounders

Good ol HF bias

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That would cost him any chances of working with GM's in the future. Sakic doesn't play like that.

Maybe Lou Lamorello, but i don't get why other GMS wouldn't. Also, knowing Joe, he'd expose the collusion and get a nice compensation.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Funny how this is a great contract but when the Habs signed Edmundson, who is 4 months older, played 221 mores NHL games, scored 8 less points last year and is signed $600k less/yr most were saying it was a terrible contract.

Good ol HF bias

You can mostly thank analytics

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Maybe Lou Lamorello, but i don't get why other GMS wouldn't. Also, knowing Joe, he'd expose the collusion and get a nice compensation.
You want Sakic to burn GM's on trades (see Matt Duchene and Tyson Barrie) and on offer sheets also?

He would build quit the reputation. An extra second round pick sounds like a better play to me.

Reactions: hmc1987

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com

Good ol HF bias

crazy how signing a worse player is seen as a....worse signing

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

Good ol HF bias

You came to a Devon Toews thread to post this? You should probably relax a bit and not think that every thread on this forum has to do with some slight against your team or player.

This is a really good deal for Toews, Colorado and as I mentioned, in a roundabout way, the Isles themselves. Your post couldn't be less relevant to this thread if you were trying...

Reactions: Desert Duck

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
You came to a Devon Toews thread to post this? You should probably relax a bit and not think that every thread on this forum has to do with some slight against your team or player.

This is a really good deal for Toews, Colorado and as I mentioned, in a roundabout way, the Isles themselves. Your post couldn't be less relevant to this thread if you were trying...

OK Kansas, maybe you should follow your own advise and chill because from your answer it looks like my comment hit nerve

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Sakic..
A4AA2E0E-8107-412D-BA37-D169F2007A65.jpeg

Emell

Oct 11, 2015
OK Kansas, maybe you should follow your own advise and chill because from your answer it looks like my comment hit nerve
Always got to love when a bitter fan like yourself runs in and throws a fit. Then tries to project that onto others because they pointed it out

Reactions: Desert Duck

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Good ol HF bias

He’s worse than Toews.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Damn why do the Avs only make good moves

At least they didn't improve their goaltending. Grubauer isn't good enough so it at least gives other teams a chance to stay in the game lol but that's about it. Defense was weak too but now with Toews over Zadorov it's much much better. Saad was a great addition as well and will fit like a glove.

Reactions: AvsFan29

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
You want Sakic to burn GM's on trades (see Matt Duchene and Tyson Barrie) and on offer sheets also?

He would build quit the reputation. An extra second round pick sounds like a better play to me.
That is all nonsense. MB offer sheets Aho. Why would anyone besides Carolina care? And did that stop Waddell them for trading with Montreal . NO.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Joe Sakic: Hello NHL fans. Look at your GM. Now look at me. Now back to at your GM. Now back to ME. Sadly, he isn't me, but if he stopped signing veteran players to bad contracts and showed some patience, he could smell like me.

I just want you to know this is the best post I've seen on this third-rate echo chamber in quite some time

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
Damn why do the Avs only make good moves

At least they didn't improve their goaltending. Grubauer isn't good enough so it at least gives other teams a chance to stay in the game lol but that's about it. Defense was weak too but now with Toews over Zadorov it's much much better. Saad was a great addition as well and will fit like a glove.
Grubauer isn't good enough for what? What an outlandish take. You do realize it wasn't him in the net when they played the Stars, but rather Hutch and injured Francouz and it still took Dallas 7 games to go though?

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Grubauer isn't good enough for what? What an outlandish take. You do realize it wasn't him in the net when they played the Stars, but rather Hutch and injured Francouz and it still took Dallas 7 games to go though?

The Avs haven't once lost a series because of Grubauer's play, so I have to agree. No evidence suggests he isn't good enough; at least, not yet. The same could be said of Francouz. The only thing I'd grant is that, if both solid options are as fragile as appears, and your fallback is Hutchinson, you may have a problem which needs solving.

Anyway I love the contract. I've been reading around at different sites and seeing some fans say they'd rather have seen a one year deal. Not sure they realize what kind of player they're getting.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
The Avs haven't once lost a series because of Grubauer's play, so I have to agree. No evidence suggests he isn't good enough; at least, not yet. The same could be said of Francouz. The only thing I'd grant is that, if both solid options are as fragile as appears, and your fallback is Hutchinson, you may have a problem which needs solving.
Any team will be screwed of they need to play their 3rd stringer. There's no contingency for that.

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Any team will be screwed of they need to play their 3rd stringer. There's no contingency for that.
The contingency I'd suggest is finding at least one player at this position who can stay healthy.

Not saying that's what I want the team to do, by the way. Just acknowledging that, if you see the tandem's durability as an issue, there is a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad