Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avs Sign Devon Toews (4 Years, $4.1M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He could have simply taken a one year deal in arbitration and hit the open market in a year which what would almost certainly be heavily inflated numbers from the Avs transitional system. Sakic gets him at 4 years instead. He’s having himself quite the offseason.

Now, that’s 3 LHD signed for at least 3 years ahead of Byram on the depth chart who is NHL ready. Curious to see what happens. I’m guessing Sakic’s already expecting Ryan Graves to be in Seattle.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Am I missing something? He is still an RFA and the Avs signed him yet he was Isles property... Did they just not provide a QO Or walk away from arbitration because he would cost too much. I got to think his rights would be worth something.

Islay1989

Feb 24, 2020
He could have simply taken a one year deal in arbitration and hit the open market in a year which what would almost certainly be heavily inflated numbers from the Avs transitional system. Sakic gets him at 4 years instead. He’s having himself quite the offseason.

Now, that’s 3 LHD signed for at least 3 years ahead of Byram on the depth chart who is NHL ready. Curious to see what happens. I’m guessing Sakic’s already expecting Ryan Graves to be in Seattle.
Toews can play right. I see no way Graves is protected and I hope he plays for the Kraken after the expansion draft.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Toews can play right. I see no way Graves is protected and I hope he plays for the Kraken after the expansion draft.
No he can’t and I really wish Avs fans would stop saying this when he in fact has never succeeded on the right side in the NHL.

Reactions: CanuckCity

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Nice deal, but are the Avs putting too much cap space into their D core? Makar will be due a nice pay day after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad